~Chapter 27- Warm embraces~

You run away from the scene, not looking back once.

Fresh watches you leave, turning away and walking into the portal, it closing with a loud crack. You flinch, turning a corner and putting your back against the wall. You try convince yourself that everything is okay, even if it wasn't. Tears stung at your eyes, an angered smile making it's way onto your face. You look down at the shades in your hand, laughing under your breath.

"Yolo? Not down here." You set the shades on your head, liking the feeling of having a remembrance of Fresh.

You wipe the image of Fresh from your mind, placing the picture of Sans and Papyrus over it. They were all that mattered at the moment. You could grieve over the overwhelming pain later.

You start to run as fast as your legs could carry your body. Your determination was through the roof at the moment. As your feet pound against the ground, you could just imagine seeing Sans and Papyrus' faces when you knock on the door. How you longed to have them in your arms again. A month sure does feel like a year or more.

Maybe it has been a year...

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Your pace slows as you come up to an all too familiar house, your heart almost pounding out of your chest. The brown porch creaked under your weight as you stepped up to the door, your cheeks burning crimson red. You hold up a hand, ready to knock. One knock would reunite you and your family. A sad expression wipes itself across your reddend face.

What if they were better off without you?

Their life was so great without you. Papyrus had a good relationship with his brother, Sans was happy, and nobody was suffering. You didn't want to mess that up again. You squeeze your eyes shut and knock, letting go of that concept.

Footsteps inside the house makes you smile, knowing Sans was ecstatic to have someone at their home. The door flings open and a loud gasp makes you open your eyes. Sans gripped into the door handle, face full of shock and smile vanished. You lower your gaze, feeling guilty for showing back up. You should've just let them be.

"(Y/n)?" He speaks up, making your body start to tremble, not just from the cold but fear he was angry.

You keep your mouth shut, knowing you would screw up and say something stupid or insulting. He embraced you into a hug, making your lips part so you could gasp. Sans hugs you close, head dipped onto your shoulder.

"I-I was so afraid you wouldn't show up again!" He lifts his face to yours, smiling so big you thought his cheekbones would crack.

"I missed you." He puts his forehead on yours, closing his eyes and enjoying your warmth.

You end up crying, hugging him back with the same passion he gave the first time.

"I'm sorry- I'm so sorry."

He pats your back, his cheerful smile just making you feel worse. You knew that smile hid the horrible truth.

"Papyrus missed you. He was so torn up after you just disappeared without a trace..." Sans wipes away your tears with his thumb, noticing the shades on your head, but not saying anything.

"He needs to know your back!" He looks over to Muffet's, letting you know he was over there probably drowning his sorrows.

Sans pulls you into the warm home, closing the door.

"He should be home any minute now. Welcome home, (Y/n)!" He gives a friendly smile, leaving you to do whatever you wanted.

You walk over to the couch, flopping down and sighing. You take the shades off your head, setting them on a side table.

"It's been forever since I've slept on something comfortable." You chuckle, spreading your arms out wide to get the whole effect.

Sans peek around the corner of the kitchen, seeing you enjoying your home again. He knew Papyrus' attitude would change drastically. He would be happy again.

You sit up at hearing the door open. The hairs stood on your arms and the back of your neck. You see Papyrus bend down to get through the door, making you laughing under your breath. You forgot how tall he really was.

"Hi Papy!" Sans greets from the kitchen, looking over to you and winking.

You roll your eyes as he giggles and leaves to his room. Your eyes lock with Papyrus' and color starts to rise up your cheeks again. Without a word being said, you grab the front of his hoodie and yank him down into a hug. He hugs back without hesitation, loving having you back in his skeletal arms.

"Sorry dear, I was late for dinner..." You mumble onto his chest, trying to ease the tension.

His bones rattle as a chuckle breaks away the thick atmosphere.

"Yeah? I didn't notice." He comments back, making you sink into his touch even more.

You pull from his arms, grabbing the sides of his face and kissing him quickly. You put your forehead to his, smiling through the tears.

"I'll try not to be late next time."