~Ending 1: Papyrus~

You lean onto him, running your hand behind his back. He watches you intensely, wondering why you gave in so quickly.

"Not a chance, creep." You mumble, raising your hand up and stabbing him in the side.

He let's out a gasp of pain when you push him away with your good leg. He trips on the rug falling back holding the wound you created. You grunt in pain, getting off the bed and trying to limp out of the room.

"By the way," you look back at him, pushing open the bedroom door.

"Skeletons can kiss better than you." You chuckle, throwing the knife next to his head.

"He'll just keep going insane. Might as well end it all. He won't remember you. No-one will." He hisses.

"I'll do what I can when the time comes. For now, I just want to see them." You limp out of the room, slamming the bedroom door closed.

A few seconds of catching your breath, Asgore comes stumbling into the room.

"Are you okay my child?" He asks in a panic, making you smile.

You ignore his question, grabbing one of his big hands, your eyes shining with gratfulness.

"I must thank you for taking care of me. But I need to leave!" You plead, biting the inside of your cheek.

"But your leg..." He looks down, seeing you clutching your side to make the agonizing pain fade.

"Do you have any crutches I could use?"

He taps his chin, raising a hand before walking over to his room, you presumed. While he went to see, you silently hope Papyrus and Sans are okay.

You're taking a risk. You know that. But honestly, those two are the only real family you have. Your sister is a insensitive jerk, and your family up top didn't care if you died or suffered. Papyrus and Sans loved you more then life... well, they did. They don't know you in the slightest bit now.

Before you could start feeling sorry for yourself, Asgore comes back holding only one crutch. You sigh when he gives it to you.

"I only he one. Sorry, (Y/n)." He apologizes, watching you get used to the feeling.

"It's fine! I have to go now!" You push past him, limping over to the stairs.

He lifts you up in his arms, carrying you down to the door. You lean onto his chest, knowing you couldn't screw this up now. One mistake and Sans will be like this forever. You can't reset now. You can't reset ever again.

Asgore felt your extreme uneasiness when walking up to the big purple door. He sets you down, helping you balance.

"Be careful. I wouldn't usually let anyone go, but by the look in your eyes, I know I can't keep you." He smiles warmly, opening the heavy door for you.

"You're the kindest monster I've ever met. I can't express how much I owe you, but I have to do something before it's too late." You turn away, not daring to look back as you traveled into the bittercold snow.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

You tumble forward, collapsing into the snow in front of the gate, breath shallow. Your crutch layed beside you, becoming frosty from the cold.

The sound of swaying trees made you feel calm, like nothing was wrong. Your cheeks burned red, the cold licking at your fingers and turning them blue-ish. You knew everything was real this time. The air you breathed, the feeling of freedom. It wasn't just some nightmare trying to deceive you and say it was a dream.

You turn to face the trail that you stumbled down, seeing your footprints being covered up with more pure white frozen water. The stick you stepped over had already snapped, making your heart swell.

Papyrus walks up, a shadow of emotions casting over his face. You just smile, holding out your hand. Tears gathered in the bottom of your eyes knowing he didn't remember anything.

"The name is (Y/n)." You hold out your hand, waiting for him to return the gester.

He bends down in front of you like he used to, grabbing your pale, shaking hand. You watch him smile back softly, throwing away the cigarette. He leans forward, placing a kiss right above your nose.

"How could I forget my dorky girlfriend?" He grabs your other hand, seeing your eyes widen.

"But it wasn't real, how do you-"

"Connected minds don't forget anything, not even if everything was a dream."

You retract your hands from his hand place them behind his neck, pulling him into a hug, happy he remembered you. You still weren't sure how he could see your dreams or even be in them, but it didn't matter to you. Maybe it was all an illusion and you were going completely crazy.

"I thought I had lost you and Sans..." You pull away, pounding on his chest to make him get the point of your worry.

He doesn't flinch, patting your head and lifting you up out of the snow. He leaves the crutch behind, knowing you wouldn't need it. Not anymore.

"Nah, you're stuck with me and my awesome brother."

You smile lovingly, leaning your head onto his chest, feeling content for now.

"How did you get into my dreams?" You ask, feeling like he could somehow read your mind now.

He closes his eyes, breathing out the air he didn't need. You watch his facial expressions as he thought about what to say. He leans his head down and kisses you softly, winking afterwards.

"Just because you were silently sleeping doesn't mean I was, you know."

Your eyebrows furrow, confusion swirling in your shining eyes that had color again. He teleports to the another side of the gate, dropping the subject.

"Now, let's go save my brother from hell, shall we?" He tips his head, eyes drooped like normal.

You clench your fist, nodding in determination.

"I promised him, didn't I?"

He sets you down, pushing you forward so you could greet Sans for the third time. He watches you smile when Sans comes running up, like looking actually happy.

He was just glad to have you back in his arms. After all the tears, the bloodshed and pain, you always came back. But this time, he surely wouldn't have remembered if it weren't for a close friend.

Pulling out the necklace from his pocket, he encloses his boney fingers around the sparkling piece of jewelry you hated so much, chuckling under his breath.

"Thanks, (Y/m/n)."