Ch. 8: First Kiss

Natalie's POV
••••
I felt myself begin to wake up as I fluttered my eyes open. I was back in Michael's bedroom laying on his bed. What happ- oh yeah. They found me again.

I tried to stretch when I realized that I couldn't. My eyes wandered until I noticed that my arms were tried to the headboard.

My thoughts instantly went to the worse. They're going to kill me. They're going to kill me. They're going to kill me. They're going to rape me and then kill me.

That's when the door opened and all of them walked in. As they got closer I started to pull at the ropes that were tied around my arms.

"Don't do that. You'll hurt yourself." Michael told me, looking me straight in the eyes as they turned a bizarre golden color. Suddenly I stopped tugging at the ropes and just stared into his eyes. I don't know why, I just felt like a had to listen to him. Oh yeah, mind control.

"Natalie why did you run away?" Luke asked. I just kept my lips sealed and kept my gaze at my legs. I wasn't going to tell them anything. I felt like Calum was going to try to read my mind so I just thought about walls.

"Cal, can you read her mind?" Ashton asked. "No, she blocked me out." Calum sighed. "Well, since you ran away you obviously can't be trusted alone. That's why till we can trust you again, one of us is going to be with you at all times, 24/7. No exceptions."

I still don't even bother to look up at them. I hear several pair of footsteps exit the room and feel the bed dip beside me. I looked over at saw that it was Michael. "What are you doing?" I asked, rudely. "You heard what Calum said." He chuckled.

"Can you please cut these ropes. My wrists really hurt." I begged. "Alright." He sighed, taking out a pocket knife and cut the ropes off, trying to make eye contact with me but I refused to look at him. I immediately rubbed my wrist, noticing a red rope burn mark forming. "Thanks." I mumbled.

"Why did you run away? You can tell me. You know none of us would ever hurt you. Do you hate us?" Michael told me, wrapping an arm around me and pulling me close to him. "I don't hate you." I say, still not making eye contact with him. "Then what's wrong?"

"It's not what's wrong. It's what he did." I tell him.

"Who?" He asked.

"Ashton."

"What did he do?"

"He killed Jade."

Right when I said that, Michael froze as tears formed in my eyes. That's when I looked into his eyes and once he saw that I was about to cry his expression was full of guilt.

"How did you..." He trailed off, unable to finish his sentence. "When you said that you forgot your phone in the kitchen and I went back downstairs to get it, I heard Ashton say it." I say as tears started to fall down my cheeks. "I'm so sorry. You weren't supposed to know."He said, pulling me even closer to him as I rested my head on his chest and continued to cry.  "Why would he do that? She meant the world to me." I tried to somehow stop crying but I couldn't.

"Shh. Shh. It's okay. Just let it out." He whispered, stroking my hair. I couldn't help but continue to bawl out my eyes for what felt like hours but was probably only minutes.

Once my crying eventually stopped, I looked back up at Michael and he stared back down at me. "Please don't cry. It hurts me to see you cry." He whispered. I chuckled and said; "Try to be in my shoes and not cry."

"I was in your shoes." He told me. I gave him a confused expression and he chuckled. "I lost my girlfriend. Well I guess you could say my ex-girlfriend."