Ch. 20: What Do We Do Now?

Calum's POV
•••
"We'll be back after the commercial break." The interviewer smiled before we went to commercial.

"5 minutes till you guys preform." One of the managers told us, leading us backstage and towards our dressing room.

"How's Natalie doing?" Michael asked me. "How the hell am I supposed to know?" I asked.

"Can't you see what she sees?" He asked. This is true, I just never use this ability.

Once we're in the room alone I close my eyes and think deeply about Natalie. Normally I can see what she can see but for some reason I couldn't. It was just pitch black.

"That's weird." I say to myself, opening my eyes. "What's weird?" Luke asked. "I couldn't see anything. It was just black." I tell them. "Maybe she was sleeping." Ashton suggested. "No. Then I'd be able to see her dreams." I say before my phone starts to ring. I pull my phone out of my pocket and read the caller i.d. Louis Tomlinson.

"Guys hold on." I say, answering the phone and putting it on speaker. "Hey Louis." I say. "Hey Cal. Are you other lads there with you?" He asked in a nervous tone. "Yeah why?" I asked.

"Well..

•••
Louis' POV
•••
As Liam and I stepped out of the coffee shop, I started to get a bad feeling. I wasn't really sure about what it was about but I just knew that it was something serious. "Lou you okay?" Liam asked, taking a sip of his coffee.

"I don't know. I just got a really bad feeling." I say, sensing a heartbeat. I try to identify the person by looking through their eyes. I know that that sounds a bit weird but it really isn't. See I have the ability of mind reading and with this ability, it gives me another power to see what a person is seeing.

The person was cornered in a hotel room by Jc Cayley. He was approaching the person with his fist balled and that's when I heard a scream. "S-stop! P-please." The voice sobbed.

"Liam it's Natalie! She's alone and Jc is there!" I tell Liam, panicked.

"Fuck where is she?" Liam asked. "A hotel room. But I'm not sure where it was." I confessed.

Liam's eyes flashed bright green for a second and then back to their normal brown. "I know where it is. The West Point right in the middle of the city." He says. This is what made Liam one of the most powerful in our group. He had several bizarre abilities. He had the ability of healing, teleportation, and an x-ray(-ish) kind of power.

"Well lets go then." I say before we both use our vampire speed to speed to the hotel in a matter of seconds.

"Which floor?" I asked Liam scanning the hotel, Liam did the same. "Floor 14, Room number 17." He tells me.

I already know what I have to do. Just close my eyes and wait for Liam to teleport us into the room. Normal people would keep their eyes open but I just get way too dizzy.

Suddenly I feel the ground shift the whole environment changes around me. I open my eyes and realized that we were in the hotel room.

That's when I see Jc towering over Natalie as he grabbed her by her hair. "Let go of me!" She kept screaming and crying.

"LET GO OF HER!" Liam shouted, running up to Jc and throwing him to the ground. I turned my attention back to Natalie and found her laying lifeless on the ground.

I went up to Natalie, swooping her up in my arms. Her body still laid limp but soft whimpers escaped her lips. In the corner of my eye I could see Jc and Liam fighting each other.

"You know what, I'm done with you two." Jc says before vanishing into thin air. One of his several stupid abilities.

"How is she?" Liam asked, standing by my side. "Not well. You have to heal her." I sighed, placing her down on the bed. "Please stop." She whimpered in her sleep.

I watched as Liam's eyes turned a light red, almost a pink color. He grazed his fingers along her arms, legs and neck.

"What if we weren't here in time?" I asked, looking down.

"Just be glad that we did make it here."

*** (i was going to end the chapter here but I decided to keep going :) )***

Michael's POV
***
We all rushed out of the elevator and towards the hotel room. Less than ten minutes ago we were at the studio finishing up the interview and once it ended we sped here.

I can't believe that dick was back! And he hurt Natalie, again! I swear the next time he's around I'm going to snap his neck with my own two hands.

Ashton swiped the key card and we all barged into the room. Everything looked just like the way it was when we left this morning but Natalie was laying under the covers with Liam and Louis sitting on the side of the bed.

Calum asked for Liam and Louis to wait and watch Natalie in case if anything else happened while we were gone.

I took a close look at Natalie and my heart shattered. She looked so weak and her had dry tear marks that were streaming down her face. "Thank you guys so much. We might have actually lost her if..." I started, unable to finish my sentence, thinking of the worst that could have happened.

"Hey don't think like that." Ashton says, comforting me. "But seriously thought, thank you." Luke tells them.

"It's no problem. But I did have to heal her. She's still pretty weak so just let her rest for a while." Liam tells us, emphasizing a while.

"What about Jc?" Calum asked. Louis and Liam both exchanged glances between each other before replying. "He got away." Louis sighed.

Suddenly my phone started to ring. There was no caller I.D but I felt like I had to answer. "Sorry, uh, give me a second." I excuse myself, walking into the bathroom and locking the door. I let out a deep sigh before answering the phone and bringing it up to my ear.

"Hello?" I say into the phone.
"Michael?"
What? I know that voice. But it can't be her, it just can't. 
"Aubrey?" My voice cracked and my lips formed into a smile.

"Mikey, I'm safe. I'm still alive."

••••
What do you guys think is going to happen? Also I'm debating on whether I want this book to have a depressing ending or a happy ending...
••••
October 25th, 2016
Word Count: 1125 words