Chapter 26: Found

Nancy and I stood behind Jonathan. He started making his way to the porch outside, when a light by his driveway flickered. I asked him where it was going, and he told us both that he didn't think that that was the monster. We walked back inside and sat around in Jonathan's living room. 

"Do you think we killed it?" I asked Jonathan.

"I hope so."

    I was next to Jonathan on his couch thinking about everything. I was really grateful for the people in my life and I hope they stick around. Nancy, Jonathan, and I talked for a few minutes joking and trying to make light of the situation although we were still worried. We all waited around for some sort of sign like someone knocking on the door or the phone ringing, but nothing just yet. Jonathan expressed how worried he was for his mom and held onto my hand. The thought of anything happening to her would kill him. They are so close. 

"How's your mom?" Nancy asked me. Our dad's were friends ever since we became friends, so Nancy had a general idea of what happened to her.

"She's as good as she can be."

"Do you visit her a lot?" I didn't really understand why Nancy was going on about her, but she was probably just trying to find something to talk about.

"No, but I'd like to see her on Christmas." I looked at Jonathan who gave me a supportive smile. 

   The phone rang and Jonathan practically tripped over his own two feet, as he ran to pick it up. I heard Jonathan say "hello", waiting for him to say something else. I couldn't hear the other line, but Nancy and I shared a concerned look. I read Jonathan's face like a book and could tell this call was important. His eyes started to water and a smile broke out onto his face as he hung up the phone. 

"They found him. Alive." 

   I ran over to Jonathan and hugged him harder then I had before. I could feel his tears in the crook of my neck, realizing how happy and relieved he has. I kissed him on the cheek, and let Nancy give him a hug as well.

"He's at the hospital right now." Jonathan grabbed keys and bolted out the door. Nancy and I followed him, as the car sped to the hospital. 

"Is your mom okay?" I asked him to double check.

"Yeah, it was her on the phone."  

"Thank God." 

  The hospital wasn't far, so we arrived in no time. The three of us ran inside. The security guards looked very concerned by our eagerness, but Jonathan asked for what room Will was and was told immediately.

"Your friends can't go in just yet, just family for right now." The secretary told us. I looked over at Jonathan and nodded to him, for him to go in without us.

  As soon as Jonathan walked out of the waiting room, all of Will's friends arrived as well. I was greeted with hugs and hello's from Dustin, Mike, and Lucas. They were tired and seemed to have fought a battle of their own, when I quickly noticed that Eleven was not present.

"Where's El?" I asked them. They looked down as I felt my insides turn to shreds.

"She's gone in the upside down." Mike painfully answered.

  I closed my eyes and concentrated on trying not to make a scene. Even though I was never close to Eleven like Mike or the boys, I still thought about our little connection in my head. She felt safe with me, which was huge for her since bad people were after her. She asked me if we were friends and we were. I had lost a friend, and it hurt like hell. I opened my eyes to three sad boys. Mike walked closer to me as he reached for a hug. He knew my pain was real and similar to his. A group hug formed, as Dustin and Lucas joined us, but it just wasn't the same without Eleven in the middle.

  Everyone sat in the poorly lit waiting room giving the Byers' the much needed alone time, this included Hopper, Nancy, sleepy Dustin and Lucas, Mike, Mike's parents, and even Steve came in to check on Nancy. I watched him say hi to her, as they excused themselves to talk privately outside. When they both came back in, his face changed to a saddened look. It was not pity, but respect. He did not say one word to me, but I knew his bad ways would stop or least I hoped.

  The door connecting the waiting room from the hospital patients opened. Jonathan stepped in, looked at me and nodded over to Mike. Will wanted his friends and his friends were dying to see him. Mike jumped out of his seat, shaking Dustin and Lucas awake. They ran out of the door. I stayed in the room smiling for the boy's happiness. Nancy and Steve stood up, approaching me.  I could feel my stiffening of fear, but maybe that was just a bad habit.

"I know you probably hate me after everything, and rightfully so. I'm sorry. I messed up and I was wondering if you wanted a ride home since Nancy and I are leaving." Steve offered. I wasn't sure how I felt about his apology, but I looked at the door where Jonathan did not stand. He needed to be with his family right now, so I took the ride home. 

  I walked behind Steve and Nancy who's arms were linked together. I opened the back car door and slid in the seat behind Nancy. No one spoke or said anything, but I was comfortable with that. Steve pulled into my driveway behind a car that I thought could be my dad's. I thanked Steve and Nancy, shutting the door, and walked into my house. All of the lights were on and I saw my dad sitting on the couch, quiet and alone. 

"Are you okay?" My dad embraced me as he asked me a question that would take a long period of time to answer.

"I'm okay. How come your home right now?" I asked, still in his arms.

"Someone called me and told me that you were involved in the finding of Will. They said you were at the hospital with them." 

"Yeah I was." I told him, leaving the hug and going to bed for the night.

**I'M SO SORRY THIS HAS BEEN LATE AND SHORT! I've just been trying to get into a routine at school, but once I do that I will find and make time to write. Thank you guys for over 11k views. I will never not be grateful for the comments and support. I appreciate your feedback and interaction sooo much. More to come soon**