Under the Blanket of Stars

Prompt 5: Write about Maine and Alden obtaining a fortune cookie that they would never want to see come true.

🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺

It was their second anniversary. Rich took Dei to a romantic picnic dinner at a park in Tagaytay where they first met. Maine spread out the huge granny square blanket on the misty green grass, then arranged the Chinese take out they got on the way here. A whole Peking duck, egg drop soup, yang chow fried rice, a shao mai platter, asado and chow mein. Truly delectable and sumptuous! They had a very enjoyable and peaceful dinner whispering sweet nothings to each other, feeding each other, the cool night is just filled with their giggles and hushed voices. Dinner went really well. But Dei noticed Rich's playful smile whenever she gets a taste of the asado, but she just didn't mind it. After they cleared everything, they laid on the blanket hugging each other.
"Oohh, Hun, we forgot our fortune cookies." Dei said. Taking the fortune cookies and handed one to Rich. He opened the packet right away and frowned right after he read what was written there. Dei read what was written on the strip of paper and panic started to take over her body.

 Dei read what was written on the strip of paper and panic started to take over her body

Dei's fortune

She started talking to herself.
The Peking duck, of course it was a duck, not chicken! I saw nothing unusual on the soup. And the yang chow, scrambled egg strips, some green peas, spring onions, ground meat. And I was sure I saw lots and lots of shrimps on the shao mai platter. I sure tasted beef on the noodles. Ayay ka!
She slapped her boyfriend's chest.
"Why, you sneaky little... Anong meron sa asado ha? Bakit parang kakaiba yung lasa? Ikaw, anniversary na anniversary natin, ginu good time moko!" She told Rich angrily, which surprised the guy because he really had no idea what she was talking about.
"Pork asado yun, Babe. Di ba favorite mo yun?" He said softly.
"Eh, bakit tuwing susubo ako nun nakakagago yung ngiti mo?" She asked, glaring at him.
"Eh, sa nakakatuwa kang tignan takam na takam ka dun sa sinusubo mo. Ano bang problema mo, Dei?" He started raising his voice because he noticed that his shirt is now destroyed because of Dei's constant pulling. And by destroyed, warak talaga.
"Heto, basahin mo!" Shoving the little strip of paper on his face. He then laughed out loud after reading the fortune. Which irritated Dei more, then started pulling his shirt again.
"Ano ba? Will you stop doing that?! Tignan mo tong damit ko oh, sira na! Kainis wala pa naman akong extra shirt na dala." Rich said, giving Dei a death glare. Then after calming himself down, he turned to Dei.
"Babe, wala talagang chicken whatsoever dun sa pagkain kasi I didn't order anything na may halong chicken kasi di ba allergic ka sa chicken? Ang layo pa ng hospital dito, baka anong mangyari sayo. The last time you ate chicken was at your town fiesta and you had a hard time breathing after you finished 12 chicken wings in one sitting! Nakakatakot ka kaya nun, Babe, your eyes looked like they were gonna come out of their sockets. Akala ko mabiyudo nako nang di man lang kita mapakasalan." He tried so hard to stifle his laugh when he saw his girlfriend's guilty look on her face, which he found really adorable. What, with her lips pouting and her expressive brown eyes looking at him guiltily. He wanted to kiss her senseless right then and there. But Dei started talking.
"I'm sorry. Di ko talaga naisip yung allergies ko, akala ko niloloko moko. And I'm sorry about your shirt." She said, while resting her head on his bare chest. (Bare chest talaga kasi warak na warak na yung white v-neck shirt niya kakahila ni Dei.)
He sighed, "As much as I wanted to stay here longer, Babe, because I want to be with you and I want to kiss you under the cool Tagaytay night sky on our second anniversary. Pero nilalamig nako talaga, we really have to go." Then he tried to stand up, but Dei stopped him. She went to the car and came back with another crocheted blanket in her hand. She smiled as she said.
"Hunny, let's stay for a while muna. This is for you, happy anniversary. And thanks for the wonderful evening. I love you." Then she kissed him lightly on the lips.
"Ooohh, another blanket! Thank you, Babe. I truly appreciate your effort making these for me. I love you too." He then wraps the blanket around his body, feeling its warmth and coziness.
"Fresh off the hook! Just finished it this afternoon." She said proudly.

" She said proudly

Dei's gift for RJ

He then kissed her passionately under the blanket of stars.
She suddenly asked, "What's written on your fortune, by the way?"
He handed her the small strip of paper, which made her guffaw in laughter.

She suddenly asked, "What's written on your fortune, by the way?"He handed her the small strip of paper, which made her guffaw in laughter

🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺

A/N: ctto photos not mine, except the crochet blanket photo. I made that for my little girl almost 2 years ago.
This is connected to prompt 2.
And the YT video, I mentioned na #batang90s ako. American Pie also played a huge part of my teenage/college years, and the OST is awesome! 💛😘

❤💋 Sacha