Cut

Prompt 25: The personification of Maine's and Alden's regret.

🍏🍏🍏🍏🍏🍏🍏🍏🍏🍏🍏🍏🍏🍏🍏🍏🍏🍏🍏🍏🍏🍏🍏🍏

He heard the bell chime from the door of his tattoo shop, he didn't see the person who came in when he looked up. But he saw someone talking to Marj, his receptionist, and her back looks very familiar. He stood up and approached the lady. The dandelion tattoo on her back more prominent with the black crocheted crop top that she's wearing.

"Maine

"Maine." He said, almost like a whisper. He was taken aback when she turned around and he saw an entirely different woman. She didn't wear heavy make up and there were no more piercings on her nose and lips. She looked happy, and peaceful.
"Hello, RJ! How have you been? It's been what? 3 years?" She spoke so gleefully he could hear her words hop and skip.
"I've been great!" He lied. "What can I do for you?"
"She specifically asked for you, RJ. I was about to call when you approached us." Marj interrupted.
"Well, I only trust you to do my tattoos. No one else. It would mean so much if you would do it again this time." Maine grinned.
He agreed to do it and led her to his work area. Maine excitedly held out her arm and he saw the scar on her wrist. She pointed on the scar and began talking.
"I want you to cover the scar with this." She handed him her phone to show him a photo.

"And right below, I'd like Athena Celestine 07

"And right below, I'd like Athena Celestine 07.16.2015 to also be on there. Typewriter font." Her voice was breaking as she was saying her baby's name. THEIR daughter's name.
"I realized that it is time for me to move on, RJ, that I'm already done sulking. Cee would've liked to see us happy, you know. So by having this tattoo, it will be a permanent reminder of what should've been. That yesterday, you've given me someone I could call my own. But she's just gone too soon." RJ didn't realize that he'd been crying too. It was his fault why Maine had a miscarriage and he left her hanging, leaving her mourn for Cee's loss by herself. Which made her slash her wrist one night when everything is just too much to take in. That is why he didn't have the gall to show his face to her the past 3 years, hadn't even visited Cee's grave eversince.
"I'm sorry, Maine." He apologized over and over again, while holding her hand so tight he never wanted to let go.
"Don't be, RJ. I have already forgiven you. I am happy where I am now. I will be leaving for New York next week, for the New York Fashion Week. And since my parents are already living there, I might be staying there for good."
It didn't take long for RJ to do the tattoo, but he sure had a hell of a hard time doing it. When it was done, Maine stood up and was about to leave. RJ held her hand and asked her, "Are we going to see each other again, Maine?"
"In time, RJ. Goodbye, for now."

"When it comes to being lucky, he's cursed
When it comes to loving me, he's worse."
-The First Cut is the Deepest

🍏🍏🍏🍏🍏🍏🍏🍏🍏🍏🍏🍏🍏🍏🍏🍏🍏🍏🍏🍏🍏🍏🍏🍏

A/N: Medyo nahirapan ako sa prompt dahil sa word na regret. Pag regret kasi para sakin kailangan nananapak ng puso yung drabble dapat. Aheheheh. Sakin lang naman yun. Kanina lang, I was listening to Sheryl Crow and the song The First Cut is the Deepest became the prompt for the prompt. Do I even make sense? Hahahah
I have this very funny story. Years ago, I went to get a tattoo. I wanted to have a matryoshka doll be inked on my back like this...

O diba? Ambisyosang frog ang lola niyo hahahaha

O diba? Ambisyosang frog ang lola niyo hahahaha. Okay tuloy ang kwento. Ayun na nga, eggzoited pako nun. Nakaupo nako, ready na ang lahat. Sows! Nung pinaandar na yung machine at nung narinig ko yung buzzing sound, I panicked and chickened out. Hahahaha. Josko anobayan.
Marj is another MaiChard fan friend of mine. She now lives in Canada and we constantly communicate through our aldubbers98 FB group chat. Heheh
Shoutout to covertmaichardfan
Thank you for your kind words. God bless you.
And I mentioned crocheted crop top in the drabble, I am still trying to muster enough patience to make one. Nag iipon ng patterns, d naman gumagawa hahahaha. Mas maiintindihan ko kasi yung video tutorial so naghahanap pako.
Ctto ulit for the photos.
And you, yes YOU. Thank you for taking time reading this and I hope it's not sabaw or something. At mas mahaba pa yata ang A/N kesa sa content mismo, sorna. Hahahah Okay, I'll stop na.

❤💋 Sacha