OCFS - All I Have To Do Is Dream

Dream, dream, dream, dream
When I want you in my arms
And I want you and all your charms
Whenever I want you all I have to is dream
Dream, dream, dream

Hearing the song played on the radio gave me a nostalgic feel. I remember our occassional roadtrips and our car-aoke and a half gallon of ube ice cream made it even more special. This was one of our favorite songs to sing.

When I feel blue in the night
And I need you to hold me tight
Whenever I want you
All I have to do is dream

I remember how you proudly took as many pictures as you can during  my piano recitals. I will never forget my 10th birthday. A week before that, you asked me what I wanted for my birthday. I answered I wanted a piano. When I woke up, on my birthday, I saw a very beautiful yellow baby grand in our living room. It was one of  my treasured gifts from you and Nanay.

I can make you mine, taste your lips of wine
Anytime, night or day
Only trouble is, gee whiz
I'm dreaming my life away

You've always told me that there's always a time for everything.  A week before highschool graduation, I had my first heartbreak. Though embarassed, I still wanted to talk to you about it. I'm glad I did, and I learned a lot. I learned a lot from you, Tay.
When I graduated from college, you introduced me to Chard, one of the junior architects in your firm. Kunyari pa si Tatay na itetrain daw ako ni Chard, but you were playing matchmaker then. Again, I'm happy that happened. Sabi mo, you see your younger self in Chard. Though I already found my king, I will always be your princess Dei.

I need you so, that I could die
I love you so and that is why
Whenever I want you
All I have to do is dream
Dream, dream, dream

Here I am, sitting on the piano stool. It's your birthday today and I miss you terribly, Tatay. I could never think of a beautiful tribute than to play our favorite song on the yellow baby grand. Happy birthday, and I hope and pray that you enjoy your special day in heaven. I love you and thank you for everything.

🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷

A/N: Finally! Hay! Today's my Papa's birthday and emo mode na naman ako today. When I was younger, sinasama niya ako pag may pinapabili si Mama, aabutin kami ng tatlong oras bago kami makarating sa bahay. Ube yung favorite flavor niya ng ice cream. My parents gave me a piano on my 10th birthday. Kanina when I woke up, I picked up my ukulele and played and sang the song. And I cried, kasi namimis ko ang Papa ko.