The Man by The Pond

Prompt 23: A stranger was approached on the street and was asked to tell one thing they never told anybody. What do they share to Alden and Maine?

🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎

October 2016. It was their second day in New York for their month-long honeymoon. They started the day early, had breakfast at the Brooklyn Diner. RJ had Smoked Salmon Eggs Benedict, while Maine had Steak & Eggs with Three Cheese Mac 'n Cheese on the sides. After breakfast, he took her to the Lion Brand Yarn Studio in West 15th Street. She looked like a little girl inside a candy shop, looking around in awe at the widest selection of yummy yarns. She indulged herself by feeling the yarns in her hand, looked at her husband gratefully. He gave her a nod, as if permitting her to get everything she wants. She decided to get the bulkiest yarn she could get her hands on and the biggest crochet hook available and she found a very classy stork scissors that she wanted to add to her collection. How she loved multi colored yarns and for some reason she got 3 different colorways, she will be making scarves for herself and RJ. Bahala na si Batman kung anong gagawin niya dun sa isang colorway. They got out of the shop with Maine's smile so wide it would split her face, she's just so happy with her new purchase.
Bukas babalik ako jan. Heehee. She thought to herself happily.
They decided to go to Central Park. They passed by a pizza parlor and bought a box of pizza and 2 cans of soda for lunch. They settled by The Pond and ate their take out pizza while enjoying the beautiful view. When they were done eating, she took out her hook and yarn and started crocheting their chunky scarves. It was super chunky that she finished 1 scarf in 15 minutes. By the time she finished her scarf she noticed the man sitting alone by the bench near them.
"Love, tignan mo yung guy, parang ang lungkot niya." She told RJ. She took out the last set of yarns that she bought and started crocheting again.
"Hmm? Oo nga 'no. Parang ang lalim ng iniisip niya." RJ answered.
While she was crocheting, she tried to take a quick glance at the man still sitting there. When she was done, she turned to her husband.
"Tara, samahan moko. Lapitan natin siya." Her husband just smiled at her then stood up.
"Uhm, hello there, Sir. My husband and I noticed that you've been sitting here for a while and we thought you might be feeling cold. Here, take this." She said to the man, wrapping the chunky scarf around his neck. The man's eyes widened and seemed to be in awe at the sight of the couple. When he recovered, he smiled warmly at them and said,
"Alden and Maine." Which shocked them because he didn't look like he'a Filipino and they thought no one would recognize them here. The man could tell their surprised faces, he continued.
"I'm sorry, I have Filipino friends and I hang out with them and even watch your show. A lot of us here love you, you know. And we are elated that you got married." The couple smiled as they listened to the man, RJ asked him.
"What's your name, Sir?"
The man grinned widely and answered.
"My name is Keanu Reeves, and I am an AlDub fan. My friends are coming over in a few minutes, I would like you to meet them if you don't mind." The couple nodded in agreement. They were still trying to digest the information that The Keanu Reeves is a fan of theirs.
He held on to the scarf like it was the most precious treasure he had his hands on. Then said in a low and shy voice,
"And thank you very much for the scarf, Maine. Maine Faulkerson made me a scarf."

🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎

A/N: omg diko alam talaga bakit nadamay si Keanu Reeves dito hahahahah I. CANNOT. EVEN 😂😂😂😂
Again ctto for the photos.
When I saw Central Park's website, I just found The Pond a very relaxing place. And I chose NYC because Maine loves the place.
The Lion Brand Yarn Studio is gaaaahh 😍😍😍😍 I could just sit there and crochet all day.
The stork scissors is a gem, isn't it? I would love to have one just because... It's just so pretty!
I love KZ Tandingan's version of Tadhana. I love her voice!
Time to hit the sack. Thank you for reading. Good mornight!

❤💋 Sacha