Prompt 4

Prompt 4: Write about Maine & Alden joyously venturing to "war" when they have all the peace they need at home.
🍓🍓🍓🍓🍓🍓🍓🍓🍓🍓🍓🍓🍓🍓🍓🍓🍓🍓🍓🍓🍓🍓🍓🍓

I can't believe I let Mr Inso talk me into joining this quiz bee without thinking that I could possibly be competing against Maine. And we are now on the last round and only one of us could win this. RJ said to himself, thinking about his mother's hot off the oven chocolate chip mint cookies that he should've devoured on already if he just stayed home today.
I can do this! Hinga, Maine! Jusko bakit ba ang gwapo niya? Eeeekk! He's wearing the slouchy beanie I crocheted for him. Ikaw na yata ang mananalo, bibi boy, lucky charm yang sombrero mo e. Woy, Menggay! Wag mo muna isipin yang boypren mo at mahal kapa rin niyan kahit talunin mopa yan. What is kalma? She said to herself, as she mouthed an I love you to RJ then winked at him.
Mr Inso announced. "Alright this is the last round. You will be given 30 seconds to give the answers. And you are unbelievably having a tie, 100 points each. The one who gets the last round will have 100 points. Get your tablets ready. Same mechanics, yellow background will be Faulkerson's and the white one's Mendoza's. Are you both ready?" RJ and Maine both nodded.
"Give us five examples of collective nouns for animals."
Both were typing seriously on their tablets, checked for the spelling just to be sure.
"30 seconds is up, please show us your answers."

"Brilliant! We would like to see if you could give us more

"Brilliant! We would like to see if you could give us more. Go!" Mr Inso beamed.

"Interesting! An aerie and a convocation of eagles

"Interesting! An aerie and a convocation of eagles. We are learning so much here. Indulge us, Mendoza and Faulkerson, please show us more. 30 seconds!"

"Very good! A charm and a glittering of hummingbirds! Alright, settle down everybody

"Very good! A charm and a glittering of hummingbirds! Alright, settle down everybody. This will be a tie breaker, since you'been showing us different collective nouns of the same animal. Ako ang magbibigay kung anong animal yun and you give the respective collective noun. Of course, yung mga animals na merong multiple collective nouns. Are we good?" They both nodded to confirm.
Mr Inso: Zebras
Maine: Dazzle
RJ: Zeal
MI (slow clapping while shaking his head): Ang galing!
Next one is...
Rhinoceroses
M: Crash
R: Stubborness
MI (dumbfounded): Yung totoo?! Alam niyo ba na ito ang category sa last round at pinag aralan niyo talaga? Ito na ha...
Ravens!
M: Unkindness!
R: Storytelling!
MI: Ayoko na! Sige last nato ha? Just give us one example that you think we haven't heard before. Then the audience will be the judge who will get the last round.
RJ and Maine spoke at the same time and the whole school auditorium erupted in laughter at their answer.
"A NAG OF WIVES!"
Well, ang ending both of them won. After the quiz bee, they left the school together. They passed by RJ's house to quickly get a batch of his mother's chocolate chip mint cookies then they went over to Maine's house to celebrate their victory over bowls of laksa that her Ate Niki cooked. They had the cookies for dessert.

🍓🍓🍓🍓🍓🍓🍓🍓🍓🍓🍓🍓🍓🍓🍓🍓🍓🍓🍓🍓🍓🍓🍓🍓

A/N: Again, yung title meheheheh. Sobrang na inspire lang talaga ako na makita ulit si Bibi Boy Aldrrrrren sa primetime TV. So here's a drabble.
I came across a congregation of alligators and a congress of orangutans on FB, excuse the pun, and I found them hilarious. So I Googled collective nouns for animals and my fascination for them increased. A pandemonium of parrots and a cackle of hyenas are among my favorites. 😊 and oooohh, an escargatoire of snails. One more, one more, an intrusion of cockroaches (excuse the pun again ahahah). Char lang po yung a nag of wives ha? I just read it somewhere. Sana walang mao offend. I'm a wife too, and I sometimes nag. Hihih
Ma'am Ellen, salamat. Sa totoo lang po, naaalala ko Mama ko po sa inyo. I hope to meet you in person po, soon. God bless you always po.
And the beautiful people reading my drabbles, maraming salamat.
Emothyonal ako dahil kahapon kopa gusto i-publish ito pero di ko alam kung bakit ayaw. Saka dahil kay Dodong Lakan. Honggwapo naman kasi talaga. Hahahahah
At dahil ang arti arti ko, para sa inyong lahat po Ambon by Barbie Almalbis.
Happy weekend, everyone. God bless us all.

❤💋 Sacha