CHAPTER 10

ONE WEEK LATER

AYUMI P.O.V

I laid motionlessly with exhaustion on the ground surrounded by the regulars in the same position.

"Saa, I don't know why your all so scared of drinking Inui's juice," Fuji senpai questioned with a smile coming in last place.

Inui senpai frowned and gave Fuji senpai the juice, "You did it again Fuji, you did this on purpose,"

Fuji senpai smiled again and took the glass willingly, "I wanted to try this one," he answered tipping the glass filled with purple liquid in his mouth.

The rest of the regular and I stared in horror. I remembered what the members all said when I made the regulars.

<<FLASHBACK<<

I was getting dragged in confusion by six of the members leaving Fuji-senpai, Tezuka Buchou and Inui-senpai talking.

They stopped when we turned the corner of a building.

I got my arms free from their grasp and cross my arms, "What was that for?" I questioned, one of my eyebrows raised.

"Well, before we go through anything, congratulation on making it into the regulars!" Oishi-senpai said, forcing a smile on his face.

I gave a small nod of thanks towards him before walking to Ryoma who had his hands in his pocket. He turned me around and wrapped his arm around my waist, hugging me from behind.

"So, I understand you dragged me here for a reason, and it just be pretty important since it's making you guys all look blue," I concluded seeing them all start to sweat.

"Ayumi, like I said before never drink or eat anything if Inui-senpai gives you it, remember when I told what happened to me," Ryoma sternly said looking at me.

Not really understanding anything I nodded seeing how all the regulars present at the moment looked desperate.

=FLASHBACK END=

"Ah! It's good!" Fuji-senpai smiled wiping his mouth, "Did you add some kind of fruit Inui? I could taste something fruity."

I frowned waiting for Fuji-senpai to faint like Ryoma explained when someone drank the Inui juice. When nothing happened I slowly stood up and walked to where the two of them were talking.

"Sasuga Fuji, I've added apple, grape, and mango," Inui senpai convered.

"Ano, Fuji senpai, is it really good?" I questioned ignoring the looks all the other regulars were desperately giving me.

"Saa, I think I liked this one the best so far," I nodded and looked at the purple drink, "Would you like to try some?"

I hesitantly looked at the drink once more and slowly took it out of Fuji-senpai's hand. Bring the glass to my lips slowly-

"Ayumi!" I hear Ryoma try to stop me but I already tilted the glass making the liquid slide into my mouth.

My eyes that I closed when I took the sip opened, and my eyebrows furrowed in confusion, I smack my lips together to understand the taste.

"It's not that bad," I mutter. The image of what Kevin drinks popped in my head. Definitely better than what the blonde drinks.

"WHAT?!" I hear everyone scream. Eiji-senpai snatches the drink out of my hand and sniffed it. With shaky hands he hesitantly brought it to his mouth but stops.

"I can't do i-UGH!" Ryoma who got pushed by Momo-senpai bumped into Eiji-senpai making the drink slip into his mouth.

Eiji-senpai froze and slowly turned blue before falling onto the ground.

"Eiji!" Oishi-senpai scream as he held the unconscious cat like teen up dramatically.

Everyone snapped their attention towards me in horror, "You said it wasn't bad!"

I frowned, "It wasn't bad, I've had worst before," with that everyone paled, "When Kevin gave me his drink I was put into the hospital for a week from food poisoning,"

Ryoma frowned at that with Momo-senpai, "Kevin Smith, as in the Kevin who got beat by Echizen and always comes to visit once a year?"

I nod, "yeah, never try his drinks if you don't want to die," I shuddered at the thought. Everyone was looking at me in sympathy. Oishi senpai was panicking over Eiji senpai while everyone chatted lightly.

"What is going on here?" A strict voice said making us freeze.

"Buchou/Tezuka!" We all yell as we see his stoic form.

He gave us all a stern look making few of us flinch, "Five laps,"

I sigh and take off, already understanding the concept of the whole thing after a week. Keeping a nice pace I concentrate on my breathing, I suddenly feel a presence on my side and look to see Ryoma and Fuji-senpai.

"Hey," I greet as I keep running. Ryoma grunts while Fuji senpai gave me a smile.

On my last lap I slightly pick my pace up, Ryoma who has always been competitive sprints next to me, Fuji senpai who noticed this picked his pace as well.

We all finish at the same pace.

"Go get changed and ready for class," Tezuka Buchou tells us. I sigh and wipe the sweat that was starting to form on my face.

I wave at everyone before walking to the empty girls tennis changing room. The girls tennis weren't as competitive like the boys so they didn't have morning practice. And to say honestly they sucked.

Taking my time taking a shower, and washing all the sweat off I walk out of the shower with an towel.

Wiping my long dark hair taking out all the excessive water, I added the gardenia oil conditioner into my hair before slipping into the clothes I readied earlier. My thigh long black socks were the last to be put on before I looked at herself in the mirror. Brushing my semi wet hair and lightly curling my eyelashes and adding mascara I walked out of lockers with the school and tennis bag on my shoulders.

Ryoma was casually leaning against the wall drinking his grape ponta. He threw me a can which I easily caught. Reading the label I smiled.

"I know you still like peach ponta," he smiled as he walked over to take my tennis bag off my shoulder.

"Thanks," I mutter before we started to walk off to home room, "We have English the first period," I comment making Ryoma groan.

I laugh and take a sip out of ponta, "Shimizu sensei's class is so boring," Ryoma complained.

I look at him slyly, "You shouldn't be complaining you just sleep in the class."

He gave me a cocky grin, "I don't need to take that class anyways I'm already fluent in English."

"That the same for me but I still listen to her class,"

Ryoma suddenly laughed, "I remember at the beginning of the year she made me read a chapter out loud after she saw me sleeping. She didn't know I lived on US most of my life and was fluent," I giggled imagining Ryoma reading with a smirk on his face, "And then she got mad and said 'Take a shit in your seat and don't sleep this time,' I had to correct her right in front of the class humiliating her."

I was cracking up by now, "Oh god, I could so imagine that! Haha!"

Ryoma joined me in laughing as we walked into the class already filled with students. Everyone looked at shock at Ryoma. Ryoma who noticed this quickly composed himself but snickering lightly.

"Glad you could make it Gray-San, Echizen," Kurayama Sensei said as he looked at us.

"Good morning sensei!" I chirp and walk over to him to give the note Ryuzaki sensei gave us.

He scanned it through before looking at me, "I see, your on the male tennis team now Gray-San! good luck with all the practice and competition," he said as he patted me on the head.

I smiled and bowed before walking to my seat where Ryoma was already sitting.

"Kurayama has taken a liking to you," Ryoma whispered with a grin.

I nod happily, "Yeah he kinda reminds me of my coach in America,"

"Hm, Kurayama's a good teacher, could be scary as hell when he's on your bad side but he usually takes liking to athlete."

I nod and stare bored at the paper on my desk before pulling out a paper to doodle on it.

"Hey Gray-San," a voice called making me look up. A small crowd of girls and guys were surrounding Ryoma and my desk.

"Yes?" I smile and look at them.

The girls squealed lightly making me smile more hesitantly, "Are you getting used to all your classes?" One of the girls questioned looking at me with an hopeful look.

I nod, "Yes, everyone's been helpful and Ryoma here always showing me around," I share all my attention to Ryoma but sweat drop when I see him sleeping.

"Well, that's good, I've heard your in the tennis club, but I haven't seen you around," another girl questioned.

I hesitantly smile, "Yeah, Ryuzaki sensei offered me to be in her teams so..."

"Wait, is the rumor of a girl defeating the whole tennis club and the tensai Fuji and data player Inui true?" A guy questioned making me start to feel sweat.

"Ah..."

"Hwua," Ryoma yawned, "Can you go somewhere else your disturbing my sleep, and to answer your question Ayumi here is that girl," Ryoma was scratching his head lazily a small tear forming at his eye from the yawn.

Everyone looked at me with wide eye, "Sugoi! That's amazing, Ayumi-sama!" The girls screamed making me frown.

'Ayumi-sama?'

"Thank you?" I muttered making the girls squeal and run off to their seats while the guys gave me a flirty smirk before walking away.

"Haaaaa," I sigh and drop my head onto my desk, "So tiring," I muttered making Ryoma chuckle.

>>FAST FORWARDS>>

"Echizen wake up!" Shimizu sensei yelled as she threw the chalk at Ryoma's head, but missing making it hit my forehead square on before dropping onto my desk.

"Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry Gray-San!" She squealed an apology.

I gave her a tight smile, "It's 'k I'll just answer for Ryoma," I quickly stand up and pick my text book.

"Romeo and Juliet took place in an Italian city called Verona. The time setting is in the mid-1590 during the Renaissance period. It is a tragic drama written by William Shakespeare, where the two main character Romeo and Juliet die, a play that says 'Love conquers all'." I summaries in perfect English that would put even the president into shame.

Shimizu sensei looked at me with wide eyes, "T-That was wonderful Gray-San! please take a shit," she said with an very heavy Japanese accent. I chuckled lightly realizing she said 'shit' instead of seat just like Ryoma said.

"Teacher, I'm sorry to correct you, but it is seat. Not 'shit', that term is mostly likely means crap or poop," I correct politely.

Shimizu sensei nods looking a bit embarrassed but continued the lesson not calling on Ryoma or me anymore.

As the bell rang a group of people surrounded me again, "Ayumi-San your so good at English please tutor me!" Few of the girls yelled making me grimace lightly.

"I'm not that good, I'm don't have enough knowledge to tutor any of you, I'm sorry," I politely decline and drag Ryoma out of our classroom to get ready for Gym.

"You already have fans," Ryoma snickered giving me a sly look.

"Shuddup, you shouldn't be talking, you have most of population of the female in this whole school in your fan club."

He rosed his eyebrows at me, "Just you wait, you'll probably be having the whole school in your fan club, I just have the females, but that's different for you. Even females would go after you." I frowned because I knew he was right. At one point I needed to be homeschooled because how obsessed fans got.

"Anyways I'll see you later," I mutter going our desperate ways so we can go change. The first thing I see when I open the gym was a brunette about to punch a girl who was cowering away. I quickly noticed she was one of the girls who were at the tennis court watching the match yesterday. Reflexively I grabbed the girl who was about to throw her fist.

"What are you think your doing?" I calmly asked looking at the girl.

"Get lost, she spilled her drink on me!" The girl hissed with crazed eye.

I turn my attention towards the now sobbing girl, my eyes soften taking in her form, "Are you ok sweetie?" I questioned looking for any signs of injury. She answered me with a small nod making me turn my attention back to the girl who was fuming.

"Violence is never a way to end something," I mutter still keeping a firm grip in my hand.

She glared at me, "I just got this shirt yesterday from Daddy! It's worth more than her life!"

I suddenly laughed out loud, "Nothing has more worth then a life, even a scum like you," I glared at her, "And I hope I'll never have to see you trying to hurt anybody," with that I let go of her fist.

She glared at me before stomping off taking few of the girls watching with her. I quickly knelt next to the still sobbing girl wrapping my arm around her shoulder.

"Are you hurt anywhere?" I questioned.

The girl hesitantly looked up, her eyes still filled with tears. I gave her an encouraging smile which she tried to return.

"N-no."

"Good, can you get up?" I questioned which she gave me an nod as an answer, grabbing her hand and helped her stand up, "Who was she? She had such an attitude."

The girl nodded, "Yeah, she's Kanon Fujiwara,"

My eyes widen a bit, "As in the Fujiwara company that owns the tennis shop company all over Japan?"

The girl nodded, "Hm I have a contract with the Fujiwara business, a nice boss, but I don't know how a brat like her would be related to such a kind man," I mutter and turned my attention back to the girl with twin tails in a braid.

She suddenly bowed, "Thank you Ayumi-San, my names is Sakuno Ryuzaki."

A light bulb light in my head, "Related by Ryuzaki sensei by any chance?"

She nodded once again, "Yeas, she's my grandmother."

"Well Sakuno-chan, if that brat ever bothers you again come to me, I have blackmail material!" I happily chirped, before gasping, "Oh, we need to go change before we're late."

We both scrambled into our PE uniform. I frown in distaste, "Aren't these a bit too short?" I asked as I looked at myself in the mirror.

Sakuno frowned in agreement before dragging me out into the gym.

"Ah Kurayama sensei, I forgot you taught PE!" I exclaim and waved at him. He smiled before motioning Sakuno and I to sit down. I quickly spotted the mop of raven hair and sat next to him.

"Hey," I whispered in greeting.

He nodded at me, "Why were you so late?" He whispered back.

I frown, "Stopped a girl name Kanon Fujiwara from hitting Ryuzaki sensei's granddaughter, she was such an brat," a worried looked crossed Ryoma's face.

"Were you hurt?" I shook my head.

"No, but I found myself one enemy," I eye the the brunette a crossed the gym glaring at me.

Ryoma followed my eyes and looked at her, "Ah, she's one of the girl who always tried to flirt with the regulars, I think she was the captain of the female team, a third year."

I looked at Ryoma in shock, "You actually remembered a girl!"

He snapped his cat like eye at me, "No, Tezuka Buchou banned her from coming to our tennis courts, she was annoying."

I snickered lightly at that, looks like Tezuka Buchou doesn't like her.

Suddenly series of groans and complains were shouted making Ryoma and my attention go back to Kurayama sensei.

"Stop whining, now get ready for dodgeball, Echizen and Takeda your the team captain, chose the team!" Ryoma lazily stood up looking at me slightly with a smirk.

"Echizen you can pick first," the other boy who stood up, which I assumed as Takeda politely said.

"Ayumi," Ryoma easily said making me stand up. I grinned and high fives him before standing by him proudly.

I didn't miss the look of pure fury Fujiwara gave me. I returned her glare with a smug smile.

Ryoma and Takeda-kun took turns calling names out, or pointed because Ryoma he didn't remember names.

I silently cheered and patted Ryoma on his back when he kept ignoring the desperate look the brunette was giving him, and when she finally got called by Takeda, I snickered. Ryoma was grinning at my reaction.

"Immature aren't you?"

"Aw Shuddup," I playfully said hip bumping him.

"By the way those look pretty short on you," he said eyeing the shorts I was wearing. I frowned and nodded.

"Yeah I know, it either the principles just really perverted or the principle is really perverted." Ryoma rolled his eyes at me before taking his jacket jersey off and giving it to me.

"Wrap it around your waist or something, it's not as revealing, and the guys on our team won't get distracted," I smiled at his kindness. And he knew me too well, I love dodgeball, I'll most likely be in the very front of the court the whole game and he knew the guys would keep staring at my butt if I kept looking like this.

As he said I wrapped his jacket around my waist and stood next to him proudly. I noticed how Fujiwara was glaring at me, and when our eyes met she gave me a sickening sweet smile and moved her finger horizontally across her neck.

I rolled my eyes at her, the most stupidest mistake for her. Never to mess with me in dodgeball, you don't want me as an enemy and target you.

Kurayama blew his whistle catching all of our attention, "All right brats, take you mark, ready set GO!"

I ran towards the ball lined up in the middle Ryoma sprinting right next to me. We easily grabbed all six five balls in the middle. As soon as the ball reached my hand I threw it at Fujiwara aiming for her face.

Like I said, you don't want to have me as an enemy.

I didn't bother to watch her fall to the ground and threw the ball getting another kid out.

Suddenly the whistle blew making me stop from throwing the ball.

"Someone take Fujiwara to the nurse, she's completely out," Kurayama sighed and looked at me with a grin.

"Nice throw, Gray-San." I grin and gave him a thumbs up.

Ryoma was cracking up next to me, "I wasn't expecting this, you must really dislike her!"

"I don't dislike her! I just, um, she's not my friend?"

>>TIME SKIPS>>

Me and Ryoma casually walked into the courts. But a soon as I step foot in it I was bombarded with questions.

"Ayumi-chan!!"

"I heard-"

"Is it true?"

"Are you ok?"

"Are you injured anywhere?"

I frowned not being able to hear any of them because of them all shouting at once. And Eiji-senpai clinging onto me wasn't helping at all.

"ALL RIGHT NOW SHUT UP!" I screamed making them all shut up except Inui-senpai who only was muttering "Ii data."

"What's going on here?" I questioned rubbing my forehead.

Eji-senpai who was still clinging onto me cried into my leg, "We heard you got into a fight!"

My mouth dropped opened in shock, "What?!"

Everyone nodded and looked at me, "We also heard you knocked some girl out!"

I lightly smiled at that making them all gasp, "She did!"

Suddenly I was pulled away from Eiji-senpai into a warm hug. I felt a chin on my head immediately telling me who it was.

"She didn't get into a fight," Ryoma muttered in a low voice.

"She didn't?" Oishi sighed in relief.

"Yeah, but she did knock a girl out," Oishi snapped his attention back towards me.

"Dodgeball," I answer, "I knocked her out with a hit on the head, it wasn't even that hard."

Momo-senpai laughed and gave me an hide five but nervously laughed when Oishi glared at him.

"Baka," Kaido hissed making the two guys start a fight.

Everyone ignored them already used to it and looked at me and Ryoma. I sighed and pinched the bridge of my nose, I can't believe a rumor already spread after one week of attending school.

"Then how did the rumor about you getting into a fight spread?" Taka-senpai questioned looking a bit nervous. Suddenly somebody threw him a tennis racket in his hand making him yell, "Burning! Who cares about rumors?! Their stupid!"

I lightly laughed at that, "I stopped a fight, this girl named Kanon Fujiwara was about to punch Ryuzaki sensei's granddaughter, and I interfered."

People gasped looking wide eye.

"Ryuzaki-chan almost got punched?" Eiji-senpai gasped his eyes wide.

Inui-senpai stopped writing in his note book, "I have data from pervious time saying Kanon Fujiwara would cause more trouble by 100%, looks like my data was correct," he started to mumble more things before scrambling into his notebook.

Fuji-senpai patted me on my head, "You look injury free, that's good, you wouldn't want anything on a girls face."

Oishi senpai who heard this gasped, "Your not injured are you?" Oishi-senpai asked becoming the mother hen he is.

Shaking my head in a no I opened my mouth to speak but was interrupted by Tezuka Buchou.

"Why hasn't practice started?" He questioned as he walked up to the regulars.

"Tezuka~ Kanon Fujiwara caused trouble again!"

I watched our stoic captain's eyes narrow and harden, "What did she do?" He questioned.

"She almost punched Ryuzaki-chan, but Ayumi-chan stopped her!" Eiji-senpai cried and went to hug Tezuka Buchou.

Tezuka Buchou dodged him and looked at me, "Good job Gray, I hope your not hurt,"

I lightly frown and look at him, "Please stop calling me Gray, it makes me sound so foreign, just call me Ayumi, Buchou!"

He nodded stiffly, "Then Ayumi, is it ok to presume you'll be able to participate in practice today?"

I grin and flex my arms to show the non existing muscles, "Of course I am! I have no injuries and look at these arms I need to keep them in shape!"

Eiji-senpai and Fuji-senpai chuckled, "I don't see anything Ayumi-chan, I don't know how your able to return such a powerful shot."

I puffed my cheeks out, "I have muscle! You just can't see them!"

Everyone chuckled at that, even Tezuka buchou's corners of his lips moved up.

"Anyways who did you knock unconcious?" Momo-senpai who ended his fight with Kido-senpai questioned making me laughed hesitantly.

"Well, um,"

Everyone's attention snapped back towards to me, "Just say it Ayumi, she deserved it," Ryoma snickered as I glared at him.

I sighed and rubbed my neck uneasily, "Well I might had purposely aimed at Kanon Fujiwara's face and knocked her out?"

Everything was silent until those who aren't stoic and expressionless screamed.

"YOU DID WHAT?"

<^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^

OKKKKKAAAAAYYYYY THAT WAS A LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG CHAPTER!!! This is my little thanks giving gift to you all readers. A bit early but who cares!

Are you all ready to eat like pigs? Because I'm going to be a biiiiiiig fatty on Thursday, my schedule.

EAT

PLAY

EAT

GOSSIP

EAT

EAT

EAT

EAT!!!

I think you get it by now but immmmm going to eat!

Anyways I already decided to what to write in next chapter! A small idea!

You know how Ayumi was interested in Rikkaidai? Well I might make her visit them! You like?