CHAPTER 19

AYUMI P.O.V.

"Whoa..." Ryoma and I both muttered as we stood in front of the metal doors of the elevator.

I traced my fingers over the designs slowly fascinated by them. Gears, clocks, and keys covered the bronze doors.

“How do we get in?” Ryoma suddenly questioned, I stopped scrutinizing the door and searched for a button. I frowned when I found none.

“What the heck?” Ryoma muttered as he traced his hands over the metal searching for the button.

My eyes widen when I saw one part of the door indented in a shape of a key. My fingers wrapped around key that was on my necklace I was wearing.

“Ryoma I think I know what I need to do,” I whispered as I struggled to take the necklace off.

I felt large hands stop mine, “Here, let me help,” Ryoma muttered. His warm breath hit the back of my neck making me shiver.

“There,” he said as he put the necklace in my hands.

I hesitantly looked at the key before comparing it to the missing piece on the door.

“Satoru-san you really went over board,” I whispered under my breath as I confirmed it was the same shape.

I placed the key to the indented area and pushed on it.

With a small *CLICK* the key perfectly fitted. I gasped as the key went inside the door and disappeared.

“What? My key,” I whined.

Suddenly the door made a loud groaning noise making Ryoma and I both gasp and jump back in fright. The gears on the door started turning until the elevator door opened.

Ryoma and I shared looks before looking back at the door in disbelief.

“I think your uncle’s crazy,” Ryoma muttered as he shook his head tiredly.

I nodded in agreement before walking through the door. Both Ryoma and I looked around. The elevator was made out of cylinder glass around the glass surround golden metal that wrapped around it like a bird cage.

“Ah, my key,” I yell in delight as I see my necklace in a small container above multiple buttons.

“I think it fell out of the hole from above it,” Ryome guessed, his golden eyes staring at the whole thing in interest.

I took hold of the key and frowned as the elevator door closed, “So every step makes something happen.”