CHAPTER 17

RECAP:

"Ayumi Gray, nice to meet you!"

Many of the male's eyes widen, hearing the familiar name.

"Ayumi you shouldn't have done that," Ryoma groaned smacking his face with his hand.

"W-"

She was about to ask but was cut off with a loud speaker.

"All high school students, please gather at the tennis courts!" the familiar voice caught Ayumi's attention.

She grinned happily picturing the owner of the voice. She was going to see her former coaches!

~*~

AYUMI P.O.V.

I grin happily and look at Ryoma. I take his large hand and grasp it tightly. He looked down at me with a confused smile but I continued to smile at him.

"Buchou! We should go to the tennis courts, I don't think the announcer would be to happy if we're late, since he's always so strict," I mumbled the last part.

I laughed shakily when I noticed Tezuka-Buchou stared at me with narrowed eyes. Did he hear me?

I quickly looked away and tugged on Ryoma's hand. I awkwardly stood there for a second trying to ignore all the looks that I was receiving.

"Come on Ryoma, where are the tennis courts located?" I questioned as I pulled him.

"Other way Ayumi," he muttered and pulled me the other way and took the lead.

I laugh at my mistake and let Ryoma lead me.

"WAAAAAIIIIIIITTTTTTT!!!!!!! Koshimae! I'm going with you guys too!" the boy from earlier yelled as he hooked his arm with mine.

He too was as tall as Ryoma and towered over my head. He grinned childishly at me and gleefully spoke.

"I'm Toyama Kintaro, from Shitenhoji, everyone calls me, Kin-chan so you should call me that too!"

I nodded and noticed how awkward I must look. My right hand was intertwined with Ryoma while my left arm was hooked with Kin-chan's arm. And they were much taller than me so...

"Koshimae! We need to have a game, I've become stronger than last time I saw you!" The red head exclaimed as he stared at my childhood friend with sparkly eyes.

Ryoma openly ignored him and continued to lead us to the tennis courts. I craned my neck and looked behind to see if the rest of the team was following us.

Tezuka-buchou was leading Seigaku while talking to Yukimura-san and Kei-kun, though I noticed they would glance at us every other second. And behind them all the other students, which I assumed as the high school students followed.

"Ne, how do you know Koshimae?" Kin-chan suddenly questioned making me turn towards him.

"Koshimae? You've been Ryoma that for a while but..."