CHAPTER 24

AYUMI P.O.V.

I smirked as the small neon yellow ball shot over the net. As I expected the older Echizen was already by the ball gazing at it seriously with his cat like hazel eyes. I smiled as the ball span as it hit the ground before it skidded towards the net before it slowly stopped as it hit the pole.

"Reverse twist serve!" I heard Eiji-senpai cheer from the outside of the court. I smiled and turned my gaze towards the gate where people were standing their jaws dropping to the ground in astonishment.

I smirked confidently and nodded at Ryoma who was also smirking as he drank a can of his favorite drink, grape ponta.

People were murmuring to each other, look of surprise clearly visible on their young faces. Though many of them also seemed confused, not sure what just happened. My bright eyes shifted to group of quiet teens.

Yukimura-San stood in front of his team, all of them were mirroring the other team's expression. The dark blue haired teen's eyebrows were raised while he had a smile smile on his lips, he and his team looked quiet impressed.

On the other hand, unlike the Rikkaidai team, a certain Shitenhouji red haired freshman was jumping up and down while cheering loudly with excitement.

"Oi!" The loud voice that belonged to a Ryoga made me snap my attention back to him, I eyed the slightly irritated adult and sheepishly smiled, "That's not fair!" He wined, though he still had a pleasant smirk on his face.

I shrugged my shoulder, "Ya'know, life isn't fair." I laugh and bounce a new tennis ball on my racket.

Ryoga childishly pouted, "But you used one of your favorite from the beginning, I'm getting old, I can't suddenly just play," he complained as he playfully swung his racket around. I chuckled at his comment and shook my head.

Sheesh, he's only few years older than me and Ryoga, he ain't old enough to complain about age.

But it'll be funny if I joked about it.

I stopped bouncing the tennis ball and started to twirl my racket around my wrist in a smooth circular motion, "Hm, I could tell. Is age making you this rusty, I played with seniors better seniors than the you right now Ryoga."

Ryoga's hazel eyes narrowed at me as he smirked cockily.

I tensed slightly and brought my lower lip into my mouth bitting it. I understood he wasn't hitting the ball back on purpose, he was obviously observing my serves. From past experience and knowing the older Echizen I knew how easy my favorite serve was to him.

He was the one who created the serve with me in the beginning anyways. His body already has the move memorized.

"Alright! I'm ready now, serve!" Ryoga yelled as he held his racket over his shoulder.

Slightly intimidated I nodded my head, making my hair that was tied into a pony tail sway on my back.

Throwing the ball into the air, my back arched slightly as I my arms swung forward hitting the ball with a hard nice powerful swing. The neon furry ball shot over the net before hitting the ground with a hiss.

My light colored eyes watched as the ball spun on the ground with incredible speed.

So Ryoga, which is it going to be? Twist serve, or reverse twist serve?

A confident smiled graced my face as the ball shot up, shooting towards Ryoga's face. Though it quickly disappeared as I watched the Echizen take a step back before swinging his racket hitting the ball.

Huh, good, so he really isn't getting rusty. As the ball hit my side of the court I immediately hit it back with a regular swing. For a minute or so we continued to have a rally, both of us seemed to have silently agreed we were going to let our muscles warm up.