// chapter seventeen

People in the area begin to exit but there were still a few number of guests in here. The place begin to cool down as the crowd decreased.

But there I was, sweating as hell as if I just rested from running 10km. My whole body felt like waterfalls to be exact.

I felt embarrassed and uneasy as of the moment and taeyong didn't notice it for he is too busy talking to his family. I was actually left alone at the table.

Those people who walk by would either hypocritically smile at me or eye me from head to toe which I find kind of funny because knowing that high-class and rich people could actually feel insecure to a middle-class and a simple girl like me.

Taeyong finally returned to our table and attended to me. "It's going to be okay. You're okay right?"

I immediately answered him by shaking my head. He rolled his eyes at me, tugged my wrist and dragged me out of the venue.

We left the place without any words.

His aunt, who has been constantly and secretly back biting me halted us from going out but taeyong insisted that we should leave and that he should return me right away.

They allowed us to get ourt and as expected, they started to buzz like bees, talking about me.

"It's still early, want to go somewhere?"

Taeyong paused from walking when both of us stood beside his car. "No thank you. my mom will be looking for me" i answered, pulling the handle moment taeyong pressed the key that automatically unlocked every door.

Both of us entered the car and positioned ourselves.

"But I made a deal with your mom: i promised her to return you before midnight and it's like 8pm"he explained, starting the engine.

"Fine" i answered, folding my arms accross my chest.

Taeyong gave me a reassuring smile and glare and stepped on the gas. He swiftly drove our way to somewhere unfamiliar and out of the blue, my phone rang, indicating that someone is calling me.

I quickly checked who it was. It might be my mom.

But my eyes gaped momentarily when I read in my mind Joseph's name.

The first thing I did before i could even dare press anything on the screen was look at Taeyong, who was by the way looking right ahead of the road.

When the traffic light went red, he accidentally stepped on the brake even though we are far away from the vehicle in front of us thus startling the shit out of me.

Taeyong notice the continous buzzing and ringing of my phone. He wrinkled his forehead and darted his eyes to me.

"Like are you going to answer that?" He said with an annoyed voice. i didn't realize that I was already staring at my phone.

Taeyong surreptitiously inclined his body to read the label on the phone and I felt him shrug in his seat.

He abruptly took my phone away from my hand and answered the call. He shushed me by covering my mouth with his hand and then a voice was heard from the phone.

He then set the call in speaker mode.

"Han?"

Hearing his voice relieved yet worried me. My whole body trembled the moment I was able to process the whole situation.

"Hello?"

"Yeah hi this is Lee Taeyong"

"Oh... Wrong number..."

"this is Hana's number."

"Where is she?"

"Beside me"

"Give her the damn phone"

"Why would I?"

"Wait, are you her new guy?"

"Yeah I am. Sup?"

"Who. . . Just . . . Give it to her"

"Nope"

"I don't know what the fuck is wrong with you but you better give her the phone"

The traffic light signaled us to go. Taeyong placed my phone infrot of us and he continued

"What if I won't"

I tried to steal my phone away but Taeyong would hit me in my hand with his. And you don't know how painful it is my friend. It's like you're being shot with an IV.

"Na Joseph right?"

"I'm her boyfried so give it to her"

"Oops. Ex boyfriend"

"i've had enough of your silly games Lee Taeyong. Give it to her. For the last time you fucktard"

"Me? A fuck tard? The last time I checked it was you. You cheated on her. Admit it"

"How did you even get that? Are you like a fucking stalker or something? What makes you so sure about that moron"

"Because I am a guy and I know our nature too damn well Joseph. It's ok. Your secret is safe with me. Bye"

-CALL ENDED-

When he ended the call, i took my phone right away and redialed joseph's number.

"What the heck is your problem Taeyong?"

"What the heck is My problem? What the heck is your problem! Why do you want to talk to him? Huh?" He snapped, trying to get the phone out of my hand.

"taeyong! Eyes on the road!" I shouted.

"I won't! Not unless you give me your phone!"he responded, looking directly at me. I let out a groan and luckily another red light ahead of us was seen.

"Look Han, you shouldn't be wasting your time on that dick head!" He responded, furrowing his brows.

"You're not the boss of me" I managed to unbuckle my seat belt and unlock the door open. I quickly walked out of the car, cold and shivering. I redialed once more joseph's number

The moment he answered my call, taeyong had already snatched my phone away and kept it inside his pocket, secretly long pressing the power button to turn off my phone.

"Ugh! What the hell is going on with you!" I stammered, walking away from him bit before I could even distant myself from him, he had already held my hand and gave it a tighter grip.

He then pulled me back to the car. I tried to set myself free but he was too strong for a wince human like me.

"Stay in here. If you try to run away, I swear imma do something really really bad to you once I find where you've gone"he demanded, once again driving.

I muttered profanities as I groaned in frustration.

"I HATE YOU" i said, exaggerating every stress and every syllable in the sentence.

"I saved you from that dickhead" he responded.

"You're the dickhead" i whispered.

"Just... Calm down okay. Tonight has been a rough one and we're gonna ease ourselves somewhere peaceful okay? Just for once, please act like  a human for goodness sake"