// chapter twenty

Mom and I had a marthon of woman to woman talk for the first time the whole day.

I found how she and dad met, how they became friends and how I was brought to this world. She had to go through the details when she narrated her experience, bearing me while shedding too much blood.

And finally we arrived about the issue between Joseph and I. i told her everythingshe needed to know thus ending me with a decision of not going to LA anymore.

i guess taeyong was right. He really was accurate even if we turn the world upside down.

And maybe, i should at least teach myself to become independent. It's never righteous to depend your life to others. Why? Simply because they are humans. And we all know how people easily come and go. Life is that crappy.

No one is ever going to stay by your side; not even the ones that love you because the day will certainly come when they'll leave this universe.

Taeyong and I have not talked or seen each other lately and I'm kind if worried actually ; not seeing him is makes me uneasy and aflutter.

And it's like I'm too attached with him, which is no supposed to happen.

I fought with myself  the whole evening whether to contact him or not.

I just really hope that nothing happened to that douche bag.

I hunched, sitting on my heels on my bed while placing my phone directly in front of me; constantly and patiently waiting for any notifications from him.

I placed my knees in front of me and wrapped my arms around it, moving back and front, still expecting for a miracle to happen and by miracle I mean a call or text, still from Lee Taeyong.

After a long argument with my mind, i finally managed to courageously press his phone numer on the screen.

Calling Lee Taeyong...

While waiting fo him to answer my call, I was beginning to feel restless. I bit my fingernails while staring at the screen, indicating the th phone is ringing.

Phone ringing...

Call Answered...

"finally you called."

The moment i heard his voice, i hearkened with both of my ears, drew the phone nearer.

"Yeoboseyo?"

I startled after feeling chills when his voice turned thicker and deeper.

It sounded like as if he's in pain; as if he just finished from ululating.

It was the kind of tone that I don't get to hear every day. It's something I've never heard from him.

i think it's not the perfect to annoy him.

"So you're going to call but you're not going to talk?"

"Ani.you okay?"

"Ofcourse I am. You miss me?"

"No!"

"It's just that.. It's surprising of you to not call or annoy me for the whole week."

"Sorry. I got a little busy."

"busy? Of what exactly?"

"Something you won't understand. Anyways, why'd you call?"

"I wanted to annoy you—"

"TAEYONGA, HERE ARE YOUR RESULTS—"

-CALL ENDED-

I panicked when he unexpectedly ended the call.

How dare he hang me up!

I hastily redialed his number and unluckily, he was on the other line.

Song Hana Messaged Lee Taeyong

Hana: Taeyong-ssi. What's going on? Where are you?

Taeyong: Sorry. Can't answer your call rn. Dad's got visitors. :> Talk to you later. Don't worry, i'll text first.

Seen 10:21pm

As much as I want to ask him further but I think now is probably not the right time.

I sighed deeply, cursing profanities all by myself.

Han what do you think you're doing?!

"Snap out of yourself! You can't fall in love with that creep! He picks his nose in front of you!"

"Isn't that enough for turning you off!"

I somehow created a monologue scene with no crowd or audience and it kind of bugged me because the last time I talked to myself like this was when I confirmed that I have feelings for Joseph.

I slapped my cheeks with my hand, making sure I was back to reality.

I held both sides of my cheeks and  realized it's already past 12.

Was I really wasting my time talking to myself?????????