Chapter 7

Hello fellow Heroes of Olympus fans!!! So this next POV is Leo (hooray <3) and our heroes are off to Rome to find Nico who is being held captive by Gaea. Enjoy!!!!

Chapter 7

Leo

If Leo wasn't nervous before, he was now. Another gut-wrenching prophecy that could proably get everyone killed? Definteley, that's just what he needed. He made a mental note to thank the gods later. Everyone was silent. Annabeth had turned pale and her boyfriend Percy didn't look like he was doing to well either. The gifted son of neptune's flaw shall help the quest or doom them all? Well that's great, Leo thought. Not only do we have to worry about another prophecy, but, now we have to make sure Percy doesn't end up doing something to kill everyone.

"The Eternal city?" Leo finally broke the silence. "Does that mean we're going to Rome?" He looked at everyone. Piper and Jason looked a little shaken up, while Percy and Annabeth still looked like they were in a trance. Frank was staring at Hazel, who looked like she was about to have a heart attack.

"It's Nico," Hazel's voice quavered.

"What?" Percy and Frank both uttered at the same time. Aparently they knew who this 'Nico' person was.

"The seven shall resuce the son of death!" Hazel repeated, now frantic. "He's-he's in danger! We need to find him!"

"Hazel, calm down," Percy told her, "We'll find him. But first we need to figure out where he is okay?" Hazel calmed down a bit, but was still shaking in fear. Leo felt bad he didn't know her well enough to comfort her. Well, that and the fact that she was acutally really pretty. Leo kept getting distracted by her golden eyes that reflected the light and made it look like they were glowing. Her curly brown hair sat at her shoulders, framing her face. Hazel looked up at Leo and he quickly turned away, embarrased that she'd seen him staring. He knew that Hazel already had something with Frank, just by the way they looked and talked to each other.

"The prophecy says thatt he seven shall rescue the son of death," Percy pointed out. "We already know six."

"Wisdom's daughter," Piper repeated, leaving out the 'walks alone' part, "I guess that makes you the seventh, Annabeth." Annabeth gave a weak smile, but had a look on her face like she was hiding something.

"The Mark of Athena burns through Rome is the next part," Jason pondered. "What do you suppose that means?" Leo saw Annabeth's fists clench and her expression went rigid.

"Annabeth you okay?" Percy said taking her hand. Annabeth looked from Percy, then to everyone else and sighed.

"Listen, I've got something to tell you guys. But, it's not going to be easy." She slowly pulled up her sleeve and Leo's eyes widened at the sight of what was on her shoulder.

"Annabeth." Percy gasped, "What-Who-How?" There was the shape of an owl with the greek omega sign surrounding it literally bruned into her skin.

"This is the Mark of Athena," Annabeth said firmly. "I didn't know what it was at first," she nodded towards Jason and Piper, "But the same night I got it, I had a dream. My mother-Athena- said it would help and guide me in times of danger. I'm not sure what she meant, but-" her voice drifted off as the news soaked in.

"Does it hurt?" Leo asked.

"Leo!" Piper hissed.

"What? I'm just-"

"No, it's okay," Annabeth continued, "No, it burns once in a while, but it's fine."

"But burns through Rome?" Percy said. "Annabeth you don't think that this-Mark-that your mom gave you, could be-bad do you?"

"No," Annabeth replied, "She said it would help me. It couldn't be bad!" But Leo could tell Annabeth had some doubt, too. Leo knew the next part everyone was thinking about now: While death brings sorrow along the way. He was all up for going to Rome with all his friends and rescuing this "Nico" kid, but if meant losing one of them...

"So what do we do now?" Leo asked. Everyone looked at each other, expecting the other to answer.

"Well," Jason spoke up. "Looks like we're heading to Rome."

"Right on!" Leo said, trying to lift the mood.

"Alright then," Percy said, "So we'll need to get permission  from one of the praetors to leave on the quest.  Annabeth," he said turning towards her and smiling, "you and I can take care of that. I'll introduce you to Reyna. Though I can't promise it will be an enjoyable experience." Annabeth laughed an kissed Percy's cheek.

"Jason," Piper said, "we''ll need to message Chiron back at Camp to let him know what's happening."

"Sure thing," Jason replied. He reached in his pocket and pulled out a gold drachma. "Iris messaging. What would you do without it?" Leo didn't need  glasses to see what was coming next.

Frank looked worn out, like hearing the prophecy had taken a lot out of him. "I think we should start gathering some supplies, Hazel. We don't want to leave un prepared."

"Okay," Hazel agreed, "I'm sure they have plenty of stuff to spare." Leo watched as everyone turned with their partners to go and prepare for the quest.

"Okay, I'll just go check the engines or something," he voice drifted as the others left him standing on the Argo II alone.