Chapter 13

Chapter 13

Annabeth

Another Chapter! In less than two weeks! :o Anyway-

Colin: I have something to say

Me: Shut it! I'm talking!

Colin: But-

Me: Not now!

So this next chapter took me a while and I didn't want to make it too long so that' why I cut it off, but the next one will be up soon. On with the story!

Annabeth stared in awe at the mess that lay in front of her. She’d beaten Percy in the race he had instigated, and she planned on waiting for him in the kitchen. But as she looked around, she decided that maybe that wasn’t such a good idea. Jason was on the ground scrubbing the floor with a sponge while Piper was tossing out, what were those? Muffins?

“Morning Annabeth,” Jason said without looking up.

“Uh what-”

“Happened?” Jason finished. “Piper tried to make breakfast.” Annabeth stifled a laugh and Piper looked up glaring.

“Oh, come on Piper,” Annabeth teased, “I was just kidding.” Piper blew a piece of hair out her face.

“Yeah, I know. Not your fault. Leo’s the one who came in here and hit Jason in the head with a muffin,” Piper said.

“As I recall, that was you who launched a burned pastry at my head,” Jason smiled.

“Well it wouldn’t have hit you if Leo hadn’t ducked.” Upon further notice, Annabeth did notice a slight purple bruise on Jason’s forehead. Muffins as weapons, she thought. Who knew? Annabeth heard Percy coming running up the stairs and thought it was the perfect opportunity to teach him to never try and race her. She took one step to the side until she was leaning on the side of the door frame and Froom! Percy came flying through the doorway, losing his grip on the floor as he skidded along the coating of flour on the ground.

“What the!” he yelled. He threw his arms in the air trying to regain balance, but they were of no use because in seconds he went crashing into the counter, taking a whole bottle of opened orange juice down with him. Percy landed on his back and sent a plume of flour dust into the air. Annabeth, Jason, and Piper all busted out laughing instantly.

“You..know…hahaha…we should market breakfast foods…as weapons!” Piper said in between laughs. Percy sat up and glared daggers at Annabeth, who looked back innocently, trying to hide a smirk.

“Oh so that’s how you wanna play it, huh?” Percy said. The way he spoke would’ve been intimidating if it weren’t for the orange juice dripping down off of his hair. He hopped up, grabbed the bowl of flour, and began throwing it at Annabeth. She didn’t dodge quickly enough because soon her curly blonde hair was completely white. She grabbed the nearest bowl and began flinging pancake mix in every direction, and that included hitting Jason and Piper.

“Whoa!” Jason yelled. “Watch it, man! I’m an innocent bystander in all of-” A sudden glob of mix hit him smack in the face. “Oh that so tears it!” He ducked and looked around for any kind of “weapon” but all he saw was a carton of eggs. Perfect! He grabbed the whole container and threw them in random directions hitting Annabeth, Percy, and (though he’ll never admit it) Piper as well. Annabeth laughed as she avoided a flying egg. She hadn’t had this much fun since Percy had left! She flung more pancake mix and was aiming for Jason, who was about to sneak out the doorway. She aimed perfectly, but Jason ducked out of the doorway and the mix hit the side of the wall. Annabeth saw Frank and Hazel standing in the door way, looking like they’d just seen a ghost.