Chapter 9

I know you all hate me by now for leaving you guys on a cliffhanger, but HERE IS CHAPTER 9!!!!Thanks to everyone who helped get this story to 1000 reads!!!! Now I'm gonna say the rest of the story is gonna be just Hazel, Leo, Annabeth, and Percy, since they are the four main peeps in this story. I m sorry no more piper, frank or Jason POV but they will still be in the story!!!! Okay enough talk: Chapter 9!!!

Chapter 9

Hazel

The wind whisteled thorugh Hazel's ears and she could barely hear Jason shout to attack. Hazel had experienced Venti before, but never this many. Thunder cracked and the rain pelted her eyes, making it almost impossible to see.

"Percy!" Hazel cried trying to shield her eyes.

"On it!" He replied. He raised one hand and suddenly it was like a dome surrounded them. Hazel looked around. It was still raining outside the ship, but where everyone else stood, it was completley dry. The Venti were easily visble now, there misty forms not even touching the grounds. Hazel spotted a few that looked almost-human. One wore a cowboys jersey and had a deep tan. It glared at Piper.

"Long time no see Piper!" The storm spirit growled.

Piper clenched her teeth and angrily replied, "Dylan." Obviously Jason had come in contact with this particular spirit because when Dylan mentioned Piper's name, he got into his battle stance. He pulled out his golden coin and flipped it, instantly turning it into a sword. Annabeth and Piper both pulled out a dagger to defend themselves, while Frank drew his bow. Percy was standing near the edge of the ship where he tried to get a good look of how far up they were. Hazel guessed at about 5,000 feet. Percy would have to make do with the little power the rain water gave him and his pen Riptide. Okay, Hazel thought, We can do this. It's six against- how many storm spirits were there now? At least 5 dozen were surrounding the ship and more were on the deck. Hazel pulled out her spatus and waited for what to do next. For a few breataking seconds, only the sound of the rain filled the air. Then, Hazel heard Percy yell, "Now!" She charged and instinctively duct, avoided a hit, and stabbed a storm spirit. It dissolved into a shimmering gold dust. One down, only like a million more to go, she thought. She whirled around and took down two more after launching her spatus at them. She saw Annabeth and Piper performing some kind of sequence of battle moves where one would distract a monster and the other would take him down. It seemed pretty effective until one of the spirits caught Annabeth off guard. It grabbed hold of her and lifted her a few feet into the air.

"Annabeth!" Hazel screamed. She began running towards her but a flash of black and purple blocked Hazel's view. It only took a few seconds for Percy to run through the monster with Riptide and catch Annabeth from falling.

"Thanks," Annabeth panted.

"No problem," Percy replied as he set her on the ground. About ten spirits surrounded Piper, Annabeth, and Percy, but with all that battle skill, Hazel figured they'd be just fine. She turned and franticaly searched the deck for Jason and Frank. Jason was busy taking on three storm spirits by using a dodge and stab scenario. Frank was using his bow to take down any storm spitits that got close. Hazel ran to help Jason, when suddenly the ship began shaking violently. She wobbled a few inches until she stabled of herself on one of the railings. The rain instensified outside their protecive bubble and thunder and lightning battered it, as if it were actually trying to break through. The storm spirits who were caught outside the barrier that seperated the rain from the Argo II, banged violently against it, trying to get in. Hazel knew it wouldn't last much longer and after that-well she didn't want to think about it. While she was too busy thinking, a storm spirit snuck up behind Hazel and crouched to attack. She turned to see it pounce but get taken out by a giant ball of fire. She looked behind her and saw Leo, his hands flickering with red-hot flames. How did he do that?! Hazel thought.