Chapter 10

Ugghh..it's been such a long week! Mid-terms and basketball and i just recently recovered from a concussion plus a total sleep intake of 6 hours...oh well. So sorry it's been so long since I last updated, *sighs* but finally: Chapter 10!!!

Chapter 10

Percy

Percy blinked open his eyes and sat up. A shot of pain in his right leg reminded him of the night before. He rubbed it, trying to subside the throbbing, but a long purple bruise told him it wasn't going to heal for quite some time. Percy hopped out of bed and took a quick look at himself in the mirror. His hair was ruffled and messy, and his shirt was now on sideways, probably explaining  the night of restless sleep he'd had.  He heard his stomach growl, reminding him that he hadn't eaten since the night before. So, finally giving in, Percy slipped into a pair of sneakers and walked up the stairs to the mess hall, messy appearance and all.

While on the way there, Percy passed by Annabeth's room. He didn't know what time it was, but he figured Annabeth was still asleep. She could sleep through anything. Percy carefully knocked on the door and whispered, "Annabeth? Annabeth you awake?" There was silence on the other side of the door, so he tried again. "Annabeth are you in there? I-" but he was cut off when the door was pulled open. There stood Annabeth, her hair in a mess of tangles and bags under her eyes. Percy had to admit she still looked beautiful even if she just rolled out of bed.

"Morning!" Percy whispered sheepishly. Annabeth rolled her eyes.

"You never fail to find new ways to annoy the Hades out of me, do you seaweed brain?" She joked. Annabeth examined him from top to bottom. "Sleep in, did we?" Percy looked down at himself and realized he still looked a mess. He mentally face-palmed himself knowing he probably looked like a complete idiot, but Annabeth just laughed. Percy couldn't help but smile every time he heard her giggle like that. "You can come in you know," Annabeth said, "It's not like my mom is here." Percy playfully shrugged his shoulders and stepped in through the doorway. The room was neat and tidy, and painted a light shade of gray, like the color of Annabeth's eyes. A few designs were printed on the wall, one being, of course, an owl. Some papers were scattered on the floor though, and they looked like they had some designs for new buildings. Annabeth kicked them out of the way and slumped down on the couch that sat adjacent from her bed. Percy went over and set next to her, wrapping his arm around her shoulder. Annabeth leaned in and placed her head on Percy's shoulder and sighed.

"What's wrong?" Percy asked, knowing something was obviously up. Annabeth looked up and Percy gazed into her stormy-gray eyes.

"Nothing's wrong," she replied. Percy tried to stifle a laugh.

"Okay now I kinda feel insulted that you would think I am that dumb." Annabeth's eyes turned from tired to annoyed and she gave him that I-would-so-beat-the-hades-out-of-you-right-now-if-you-weren't-my-boyfriend look. He laughed again. "Okay sorry, sorry. It's just I know there's something up the minute you say 'nothing's wrong'." Annabeth let out a sigh of defeat.

"I don't know Percy. It's just, I think all this 'Mark of Athena' stuff is going to my head. I mean, I don't even know what it is or what it does!" Percy felt bad he didn't know either. He hated seeing Annabeth upset like this.

"Hey," he said, leaning on her head, "It's going to be okay, we're going to find Rome, save Nico and-"

"And that's another thing! What are we supposed to do when we find him? My vision showed Nico and it was Gaea who had him, Percy. Not some monster that we can easily take out and call it a day. How are we supposed to fight her?" She sounded like she was on the verge of tears. Percy was a little taken back by her tone. She was never usually this hard on herself. Percy sat up and looked Annabeth straight in the eyes.

"Annabeth, you keep using words like 'I', 'me', and 'my'. We're in this together. All seven of us. Don't you think for one minute that you're going to fight this battle alone." He smiled and she did, too. Hopefully, Percy thought, It'll stay that way. Suddenly there was a knock one the door. Annabeth sighed and began to get up, but Percy kissed her forehead.

"I got it," he said. Percy opened the door to reveal Leo standing there grinning.

"Hey, Anna-oh. Percy? What are-" but his eyes were drawn to the person behind Percy sitting on the couch. "Oops, sorry. I didn't mean to interrupt!" He joked.

"Can it, Valdez!" Annabeth growled. Leo put his hands up in defeat, revealing the gauze from his injury.

"Alright, Alright. Just seeing where you guys were. We're all up in the mess hall eating Piper's first attempt at making breakfast. Let's just say I'm glad I installed that automatic oven," Leo smirked. The corner of Percy's mouth twitched as he tried to conceal a smile. He wanted to be irritated with Leo for barging in, but he guessed he wasn't the best at keeping a straight face.

"Fine, fine. We'll be up in a few minutes," Percy finally gave in. Leo grinned and left leaving a very somewhat annoyed Percy behind.

"Sometimes I just don't know about that kid," Annabeth huffed. Percy smiled. She was cute even when she was mad.

"Oh, forget about it," Percy laughed. "Come on, Wise Girl, let's go get some breakfast. I'll race you!" And like a child Percy flew out the door and up the stairs with a very determined and smiling Annabeth right behind him.

Basically that chapter was just a bunch of fluffy nonsense, but I have a writer's block (don't eat me) and I kept getting requests to have more Annabeth and Percy. Comment and review and I'll make you brownies! :D