Chapter 8

No need to fear Chapter 8 is here!!! (wow did I really just type that?) Anywaaayy, this next POV is Annabeth and then to Jason as our heroes are on their way to Rome to save none other than Nico himself!!! Okay so like I promised the next chapter is slam packed full of action and you get to see everyone in battle for THE FIRST time!!!! Woah!!!! So comment and vote if you like it and stay on edge for the next chapter!!!

Chapter 8

Annabeth

Percy and Annabeth made their way back towards the Argo II. Percy had introduced her to Reyna, which in her opninon, couldn't have been worse. The minute they walked in to talk to her, two gold and silver dog statues growled and began arching their backs to attack. Reyna had introduced her lovely pets as Aurum and Argentum. Apparently, they were like her personal body guards, but to Annabeth they seemed like just another reason to get out Camp Jupiter as quickly as possible. After that, Reyna didn't even want to hear about anyone leaving camp to go on a quest, let alone have Jason go on a quest after he'd just gotten back. It took a lot of convincing and promises that Jason would return back to camp safetly to finally convince Reyna to let them travel to Rome.

"Well I think that went rather well, don't you?" Annabeth said. Percy wrapped his hand around hers.

"What are you talking about? I think it went great!" He responed sarcastically. Annabeth laughed and swung Percy's hand back and forth as they walked. It felt amazing to finally have Percy back after almost eight agonizing months; to finally be able to look into those deep, sea-green eyes again and know he remembered her.

"So I've been thinking," Percy began, "Once we get to Rome, where do we start? I mean we know Nico is in some kind of trouble, but we have no idea where to even start." Annabeth had been thinking about that, too. Here were seven teenagers about to embark on a life-threatening mission, and they didn't even have a game plan.

"I'm sure we'll think of something," Annabeth replied. As they walked, Annabeth thought more and more about the mark now permanently burned into her arm. What if Percy was right? What if the Mark was bad, after all? But, Athena herself told Annabeth that it would aid her in time of need. Why would it be bad? As the questions filled her head, so did a voice.

"Join me Annabeth Chase. I see your future. If you do not join me, you and your friends will die in vain. You can not stop me."

"Annabeth?" Percy suddenly stopped walking, "Annabeth, what's wrong?" But,That was the last thing she heard before blacking out.

Annabeth saw darkness. It surrounded her, like a blanket of never-ending night. Then, things became clearer and Annabeth found herself inside a large building with no roof because when she looked up the stars shone brightly above her. It looked to be like a large circle that was at least 300 feet long.  The terrain she stood on was plain sand that seemed to be moving. Annabeth looked around and saw in the dim light the moon provided, a figure, about 5 feet tall, that seemed to be literally sinking into the ground. It looked like it was struggling to escape, but was stuck. As the thing's head jerked one way, Annabeth caught a glimpse of an unmistakable mop of coal-black hair.

"Nico?" she heard herself whisper. Nico was too busy trying to stop himself from being sucked into the ground, that he didn't notice Annabeth standing there. Annabeth began running to help him, but a booming voice shook the ground, knockin her to her feet.

"Do not struggle Son of Hades. It is of no use. You will not escape. Once the earth has fully claimed you, I will have the ability to once again control death and my army will rise. It is a shame your friends won't be here to save you, though. With you and your sister on my side I would control death as I pleased."