Chapter 12

Back from vacation ._. It's been like 4 months since I updated. uh he he I can't really explain this one. I get distracted really easily. Anyway I've got Hercules music playing over the speakers and am hoping for an epiphany for a great story line. Oh oh oh and I figured out how I'm gonna handle this whole Leo/Sammy thing so GET EXCITED BECAUSE IT'S ORIGINAL. Anyway on with the story! 

Chapter 12

Hazel

Hazel hated when she had nightmares, and tonight was no exception. She dreamed she was back at  Camp Jupiter. It was dark, and the only way she could see anything, was the light shining down from the moon. Hazel was near Frank's old room. She walked around it a few times to see if anyone was there, but it seemed that she was the sole person in the camp. But when she made her way toward the door, she heard soft whimpering. She peered in through the doorway, and her heart nearly lept out of her chest. It was her, only not her, because she was standing right there. Her other self was on the ground of the cabin, hugging her knees and sobbing. 

"Um, Hello?" Hazel said cautiously, but the girl on the floor didn't even notice. She bent down and waved a hand in front of her, ah, dream-self, and was surprsied that her hand went right through herself. She straightened back up, puzzeled. "Alright, then." But then the other Hazel looked up and stared right through her. She followed the line of sight and spotted the object of interest. It was Frank's old bed, excpet it was stripped of everything: clothing, pillows, even the few personal items he had adorned his bunk with. She looked back at herself crying. The girl on the floor stood up and walked towards the bunk, passing completely passing through Hazel on the way. She kneeled down by the bed and unzipped her jacket. She pulled something out of the inside pocket and kissed it. Then she spread it neatly on the bed, stood up and left, without saying a word. Hazel carefully walked over and studied the item on the bed. She scrunched her eyebrows together trying to figure out what it was. And then her heart wrenched in two, and twisted inside of her. She felt like the wind was just knocked out of her. No, no! It wasn't what she was thinking! That was impossible! But Hazel knew nothing else could match the fabric spread neatly across the bed. The fabric that now looked charred and black with ash. The fabric that was wrapped around Frank's stick. Hazel took a few steps back recoiling in fear. Voices began ringing in her head.

There is only darkness ahead young child.

You thought you and your friends could destroy me?

Oh, Hazel, you mother wold be so disappointed.

"Shut up!" Hazel screamed. "Get out of my head!"

But I can't, I'm always here. I'm a part of you. Just like your brother.

"You leave him out of this!"

Hazel? Hazel? Listen to me! It's a trap!

"Nico? Nico I'm here! Are you alright?" Hazel asked frantically.

I can only talk for a few seconds. Please Hazel listen to me. Don't come looking for me. She only wants to trap you. I'll be fine, just please stop trying to rescue me! 

Hazel felt like a knife was being turned in her heart. Nico sounded so scared, so alone. The desperation in his voice was tearing her apart.

"Nico, I-"

Hazel! You have to promise me you won't do this! Stay away! Go to to Greece and end this! Promise me you'll let me go.

"Nico-"

Please! Promise me! And then there was silence.

"Nico? Nico! Answer me! Don't leave me! Nico!" Hazel screamed at the top of her lungs.