Chapter 11

I can't even begin to say how sorry I am for leaving suddenly and not updating Things have been, well, CRAZY, lately, but I'm finally back! So where to go from here? As of right now the seven are on there way to Rome to save Nico. Like I said, things have been nuts and lately time and sleep are a thing I've been seriously lacking in so I promise I will try to update as soon as I can. Thanks for being patient and so.......CHAPTER 11!!!!

Chapter 11

Leo

Leo smirked as he ran up the stairs away from Annabeth's room. Oh, how I love messing with people, he thought. He hopped up the rest of the stairs and entered the kitchen, or what looked more like a breakfast torndao had spun through. Batter was slopped over a few steel bowls and flour covered the floor. The stove was smoking as Leo saw Piper run and rip open the door to the oven. She pulled out what he guessed were supposed to be muffins

"I could be wrong," Leo said causing Piper to jump, "But I think they're supposed to be a bit more on the light side." Piper stared him down, and even with a frilly apron on and being covered in pancake mix, she still looked pretty threatening.

"I wouldn't make jokes if I were you, Valdez. These muffins are hard as rocks and from here I'd say I be able to throw three before you even know what happened." Leo rolled his eyes and playfully blew on his nails.

"Me? I have razor-sharp reflexes. I'd be out of the way before you even-" But Leo's felt his eyes widen as he saw a muffin flying at him with vengance. He ducked behind the counter and turned to see the muffin fly through the air and hit Jason in the head as he walked through through the door. The sudden force cause Jason to slip on some flour and fall to the ground. Leo burst out laughing and continued everytime he looked at his flour-covered friend.

"What. Was. That?" Jason said as he picked himself up off the ground. Leo was going to explain but could find no extra air to speak as he continued to laugh. Piper ran over and stabled Jason on his feet.

"I kind of threw a muffin at Leo. I guess I missed," she explained.

"You think?" Jason said as he shook his head. Leo pulled himself up with one arm on the counter and the other around his stomach.

"Well," Leo began, still trying to hold back another laugh, "I don't know about you guys, but I think I'll skip breakfast." He smiled and ran out of the kitchen before Piper could grab another muffin. He paused and peeked around a corner to make sure she hadn't come after him. Taking in a deep breath, Leo made his way back towards his room. The hallway was quiet and he figured Annabeth and Percy were up in the kitchen dealing with Piper's mess. He turned a corner a felt himself slam into a tall figure and soon he had a faceful of cloth. Leo stumbled back and stared at what he'd ran into and realized it was Frank, who looked like he'd just seen a ghost.

"My bad, hey are you okay?" Leo asked. Frank's eyes were darting from side to side and he looked unaturally pale.

"Me?" Frank stuttered. "Uh, yeah fine. Hey have you seen Hazel." He spoke so fast that Leo had to take a second to decipher what he had just said.

"No, not since yesterday. She's probably still in her room if you-" Frank walked around Leo and turned the corner at a frantice pace. Leo blinked his eyes to make sure he didn't imagine what just happened. Well that was really weird, he thought. He shook his head and continued making his way back to his room. The door to Leo's room was partly open, but he didn't take notice and shut the door behind him. He went to grab some gears he'd been messing with the night before when he felt something roll under his foot and before he knew it, his leg went out from under him and he fell to the ground with a thud.

"Ok, ow!" He said as he rubbed his leg. "I swear if I fall in this stupid room one more time-" His eye caught something, probably what he fell on, in the middle of the floor. It was a small spiece of wood, no longer than his arm, that looked like it had some charcoal on the top. "What the?" Leo said out loud as he picked up the piece of wood. The tip looked like it definitely had been burned, but other than that, it looked like a normal stick.

"Okay then," he said. He opened a drawer under his bed and tossed the stick in, wondering how it had gotten in his room in the first place.

DUH DUH DUH DUH.....It's short, but I don't have a lot of time. Comment and review please? I can't promise brownies, I still haven't made the other ones :)