Alexander (1)

-C

For all the rumors about New York, it's completely stunning me right now. Just to gulp down the fresh-ish air makes you feel like a new man! And I totally am a new man...I'm in college now. Man, that makes me feel old...

    The college looks like a pretty good place to live. Dorm 180 sounds like there's going to be a lot of other people...Not at all like my hometown of in the Caribbean. It was so small that everyone knew everyone else...Though, that might be nice. Not to have all of those facts hanging over you again...

    I really need to pay attention.

    My eyes eagerly scan the terrain until I find a good place to start. I would put down my suitcases but...I don't have that much stuff. Or money...So, I'm going to wear this sweatshirt for fifty years. It's the best plan possible.

    Wow, the college is like a mini community. With a coffee shop, or a bar, I'm not quite sure, called the Place to Be. The dorms are all on the left side. The 'Commons' is on the right side with all of the classes as well. There's a library! And a...Bank-like thing going on in front of me. Wow. I wonder if I get money from there. When I get money.

    As I stroll into the Place to Be, I try to seem like I belong there. I hunch my shoulders slightly, letting the heavy weight of my backpack weigh me down. The smaller bag still hanging in my left hand almost falls instantly on the ground. Whoa.

    It's definitely a coffee place, which is why it's so confusing it smells like alcohol. They have a weird thing going on. All kinds of patriotic things hanging. American flags through the ages hanging, portraits of the most important people. A picture with the British king crossed out and with so much graffiti, it's almost impossible to make out.

    That's when I crash into a kid in front of me.

    "Ow..." My eyes drift upwards, and I immediately know who it is. I've seen his photo online! "Pardon me, are you Aaron Burr, sir?"

    The boy in front of me turns on his heel, trying his best to still look dignified after I almost knocked him down. He's doing surprisingly well. "That depends. Who's asking?"

    This is definitely Aaron Burr. Otherwise, he would have just said no. I wouldn't say he's tall. He's not too short. I'd give the younger boy...An inch on me. He looks really sharp with his dark skin, shaved head, and intense eyes that almost seem demonic...Which is probably something that I shouldn't say to him. That might be smart.

    "Oh!" That should probably be one of the first things I say, shouldn't it? "I'm Alexander Hamilton, I'm at your service, sir!"

    He's practically laughing at me. That isn't cool at all. It's not like I'm trying to be funny. Maybe he doesn't get humor? After all, this Burr kid doesn't seem like someone who would.

    I'll be civil though. "So..."

    Drat, no idea what to say next. All I know is that he's practically the God of Knowledge here. He didn't graduate early, but he's a year younger than me...So, he must have. I'm just a puny freshman, and somehow, he's way younger than everyone here.

    "Hi."

    Wow! This is going so well! Maybe I should just keep talking? Yeah. That sounds like a smart idea...

    "Anyway! I've heard about you! You're supposed to be so awesome, not that you're not awesome, but hey. I don't know you too well. Anyway, I heard about you when that one guy, handles money or something, was insulting me or whatever reason. Saying I probably can't handle money. He seems to think I'm stupid, but I'm not. How'd you do it? Become the favorite of everyone when, you know, they're all jerks?" I give him my most charming smile after that rant.