Lafayette (42)

Lafayette is either really super literate or the meme lord and i can never decide which -L

"Wake up!" I scream, sprinting from room to room and banging a spoon with a pot. "It's Christmas time my friends!"

    I get to Herc's room and drop my pot to pounce on him. "RISE AND SHINE BABE!"

    "It is way too early for this." He smiles at me nonetheless, eyes bright.

    "You guys made me wait until seven am, so that's exactly what I did," I explain, crawling off. I continue my shepherding until everyone is downstairs. "Let's open gifts!"

    "You are way too excited about this," Alex quips, but his eyes don't leave John. A shy smile is on his face, but every time his boyfriend glances at him, he looks away.

    We start to pass out gifts, each person getting at least one. Which is definitely good because I didn't get everyone gifts. I don't think anybody got everybody gifts.

    "Aaron, why don't you open first?" Ang asks.

    He grins but shakes his head. "Nah, I'll go in the middle. Going first is a lot of expectations."

    "For God's sake," Alex groans. John nudges him playfully. "Why don't you go first then?"

    He looks at the pile. "I feel like half of these gifts are jokes... I'll open yours first then!" Alex looks through his absurdly large pile until he finds the one from John.

    Dramatically, he picks at the tape. "Gotta be careful, you know."

    The moment the wrapping paper is off, and it takes forever, Alex's eyes light up and he pounces on his boyfriend. "Oh my God, thank you so so so much!"

    "No problem baby," he smiles happily and kisses his nose.

    "It's a journal," Alex squeaks, hugging it to his chest. He tucks the fountain pen behind his ear. Then, he goes and kisses John strongly, much to the protest of Peggy.

    "Okay, so that was fun. Next?" Angelica grunts.

    Peggy shoves a package towards Angelica. "Well, Bossy Pants, you can go next."

    Angelica opens it and snorts. "You didn't have to give it back." She holds up the crop top.

    "I figured it'd make a Christmas gift easier to get and cheaper." Aaron smirks at Angelica.

    "Yeah yeah, okay. You next, buddy."

    He rolls his eyes and snatches a gift. He affectionately grabs his girlfriend, pulling her close. "Let's see this." Gently, he opens it to see everything in it.

    "Look, I got a watch-"

    "So you can spend the time to procrastinate," Thomas snickers.

    Aaron narrows his eyes. "And a photo album, which is amazing, Jenna."

    Jenna's cheeks heat up, and she ducks her head. "I'm glad you like it."

    He smiles at her. "Of course I love it."

    Jenna pecks his cheek and hugs him, making happy little noises.

    "Cough, PDA, cough," Peggy dramatically says under her breath.

    "Who's next?" Jenna asks.

    Everyone shrugs, enjoying watching others' reactions more than opening their own.

    "I'll go," James offers softly.

    Silently, a smirk spreads across Maria's face. "Going to open your Tommy boy's gift? Huh?"