Eliza (9)

Woohoo! ELIZA AND JOHN MY PRECIOUS!!!! -L

We half-heartedly chased Madison, but then remembered that Alexander and John were supposed to be stopping by soon.

John: Still welcome?

Me: Of course! Come on by.

Maria scoffs. "They are going to be so impressed by the cleanliness of our room compared to theirs."

Angelica glances around our room. "I gotta go finish my work. Anywho, I got to go."

"Bye!" I yell, shoving her out the door.

Maria chuckles. "Stay away from Thomas, he does seem ready to punch your lights out."

I turn to her. "He's in a bad mood. There's no reason to be angry with Angelica."

"No, I know that. I'm afraid some of us are smarter than Thomas though," Maria laughs even harder.

I can't help but join in to that. We all know Thomas is a genius so...

There's a knock on the door, quiet and relaxed. "Hey, Liza! We're here!"

I smile and stand up, brushing my skirt off. I saunter over to the door and swing it open, revealing a smiling Alexander and a beaming John. Leave it to John to light up the atmosphere with his smile. That's what we all knew him for, anyways.

Maria lets out a huff on her bed, flopping back. "Wow. I don't even get a greeting? I'm so sorry to bother you, sirs." She rolls her eyes again before contently settling in deeper, her blankets practically swallowing her whole.

Laurens waits for permission to enter.

"Oh you goof, come in!"

He kisses my hand and walks over to Maria's bedside. "Apologies, my lady. I'm afraid my eyesight must be faring badly, for I saw you not!" He dramatically grovels, causing me to giggle.

Pretending to consider it, Maria finally nods. "I guess that will suffice as an apology, good sir. But next time, I must insist upon a proper greeting, John."

He lowers his eyelids a bit. "Yes, Lady Reynolds."

I groan. "You guys are so weird. And Alex, seriously, stop trying not to knock stuff over, you're three feet away from any surface."

"Oh, uh... It's because I'm not worthy to touch of milady's belongings." He grins brightly at me.

I quirk an eyebrow. "Is that so, Mr. Hamilton?"

"Please, Lady Schuyler, call me Alex. 'Tis what my friends call me." He dips deep into a bow, looks up, and slyly winks at me.

I find heat in my cheeks. What. Am. I. Doing. "Well, Alex then, be not so cautious when you tread in my presence. For I am a merry soul, who doth giveth grace as one might pass the table salt. Be happy, my friend, live not in fear."

"Well, Lady Schuyler, I could not claim to a life of fear... For purely being in your presence makes my knees go weak and my senses go numb. You are truly the brightest thing in the room, and I would hate to disturb anything from being distracted." He still takes my advice though, acting a little less cautious and out of place.

"You flatter me greatly, sir. Yet, if you are to request I call you by your name, I insist upon the same for myself. I am Eliza to you, my dearest Alex."

"Ha! I know her full name!" calls Maria.

"You totally ruined what was going on there, Lady Reynolds," Alex comments without tearing his gaze away from me whatsoever. Maria shrugs.