Lafayette (11)

So many angst™ -L

"Woohoo, first day!" Said no one ever. Well, maybe except for soccer moms and those kinds of people.

And Hercules, but he is being infuriating today, not the least of which includes a complete overdose of cheery sarcasm.

I rub my temples wearily. "Mon ami, please. You're giving me a headache with all that happy."

"Happy? Don't you mean happiness?" Hercules grins at me, knowing that I slipped up.

I shoot him a glare. "You know I'm still a bit rusty."

"That's an understatement." It appears that his cheerfulness hasn't disappeared yet.

I feel my heart drop a bit. I had thought I was getting better.

He throws his arm around me. "I'm joking, Laf. Come on. Let's go celebrate. We made it through an entire day of school already!"

"A drink?" I ask hopefully. "Then maybe we can get Alex to make out with someone. It's... Initiation, we'll call it, when he's drunk enough."

"Oh, I was hoping it'd just be the two of us. But bringing Alex and the others is all cool."

"No, no," I rush. "I'd rather go with just you."

"Are you okay? You seem a little... Antsy today," Hercules finally says, giving me a concerned look. "We can stay home tonight and just watch movies. With wine for celebration, but mostly cuddling on the dorm couch."

I try not to let it show how much I want to do that. "Whatever you wanna do, love."

"Well, on one hand, who doesn't love the drunken atmosphere of a bar? On the other hand, I think I love you more than anything that bar could provide. So... Just us sounds great." He grins.

"You're so sweet, mi amour."

"I got nothing on you."

I roll my eyes at him. He pecks me on the cheek as a response. "What can I say? I am a very honest person."

I peck his lips in response, shoving down things that want to come up. Stupid thoughts.

"So, movie night at the dorm? And I'll text John to spend the night with Alex and no random appearances... He does that every so often, you know."

"Does what?"

"Shows up at our dorm with no notice." Hercules sighs fondly at the memory of John showing up at one in the morning.

Different interpretations of this come up in my head, but I shake them away. Hercules raises an eyebrow, giving me an interested look again. For that one second, he doesn't seem nearly as cheerful. Then, he smiles hesitantly at me again.

"Let's go watch our movie," I say suddenly.

He nods. "Okay, let's go. Got any movies in mind, Laf? You always have the best options."

I shake my head and shrug. "Eh. Not really anything in mind."

"Um..." He takes a long pause, thinking of all of the possibilities. "Let's just browse Netflix until we find something then."

I nod and lead him to the couch, hand on his wrist. I snatch the remote before he can, and power in the tv. "What genre?"

"Anything that doesn't have something to do with school," he groans under his breath. "Because everyone knows that school is so exciting."

"Okay, agreed." I flick through the possibilities, waiting for something to strike me. But I'm not even really thinking right now, my mind is in another place.