Jenna (19)

Very short but whatever -L

I'm practically bawling, and Aaron's just holding me. I mean yes, I'm silent, but I'm still as loud in my pain as any scream.
"I-I don't want-" I stutter, tears flowing into my mouth through the corners.
He shushes me, rubbing my back. "You don't have to say anything... I get it... You're okay."
I nod my assent, leaning into him as I let my tears flow.
He never complains. He never tells me "enough." He has always been there. And I realize then, he's the one I want. He's the one who can love me the way I wish I could be loved.
"A-Aaron?" I ask quietly.
He pauses a little. "Yeah?"
"I..." I've never been one to hold back. That shouldn't change now. "I think I love you."
"Really?" I can practically hear the smile in his voice, the smile he reserves for me. Not the fake, political one.
"Actually, I'm sure. I love you, Aaron Burr. And I'm sure of that fact like nothing I've ever known before."
"I love you too, Jenna." Aaron hugs me a little tighter, and then he gently flips me around and wipes away my tears. He's still grinning at me though.
I sniffle, but can't help smiling back. "You're a dork."
"But I'm your dork." He places his arm around me.
"You're my dork," I nod.
Aaron hugs me against his chest. "You make everything feel like it will be alright."
I nuzzle into his chin. "I want everything to be alright. You just tend to be the one who makes it happen."
"I can't agree with that... But I won't argue with you on this."
"That's because I'm right," I sniff indignantly. "Oh. We should probably get to class, or we'll be late."
"If you're not ready to go, we don't have to, Jenna," Aaron cautiously says.
I sigh. "I have to go tonight or else he'll come after you guys. I'll break up with him after that."
"Can... Can you do it alone?" His voice has dropped in volume. "I don't want you to face him alone. He's... There is something very wrong with him."
"Babe, I know. But this has to be done, and if you come..." I shudder thinking of what might happen to Aaron.
He shakes his head. "If he can do something to me, he can do something to you. If I'm not allowed to be there, at the very least let me stay next door with Alex or something. So I'm close enough to come and help you. You don't need my protection... But I will gladly help you, my Jenna."
I smile. What did I do to deserve him. "Thank you," I whisper.
"It's never a problem with you."