Aaron (28)

Double-Update Friday!!! Aaron Burr and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day. -C

    I'm trying my very best to concentrate, but my eyes keep wandering to the clock. Jenna and James are both gone. Both knocked out by another bout of sickness. Thomas is the only one who gets it... But I'm not sure if he truly gets it.

    Jenna is the only reason I can get myself out of bed in the morning. Otherwise, I would curl up in a ball and never leave. To think that she's suffering and I have to be in class... It just makes me want to punch something. She is the only person I would actually fight for, I have to admit.

    Not to mention, this class is awful.

    Alex and John can be giant loudmouths, and George Washington would just bow down to it. Sure, John has days where he is quiet... Like today. However, right now? Alex can definitely talk just as much for the both of them.

    As Alex rattles on about something else, I slyly check my phone under my desk. A notification lights up the screen almost immediately. An email...? I tap it, and I start poring over it immediately.

    It's from Professor George the third. Why the heck would he be texting me? I can see both Alex and Thomas eying me in a way a predator would. I turn the phone to make sure that they wouldn't able to see who it's from.

    He wants to see me. After class. For some weird, internship thing? He'd choose me instead of Alex or Thomas or anyone else?

    Wow.

    It doesn't matter. He doesn't like my friends, and he treats them almost cruelly. I wouldn't side with him. All that would do is cause a lot more drama.

    I turn off my phone and try to return to the lesson. Angelica immediately distracts me with a questioning look. And I can practically feel Hercules' eyes burning into my back. Great. The two great spymasters are onto me.

    Alex is about to shoot up and yell something at Thomas. I can feel it. And Thomas did just insulted Alex's handwriting... Although it's very true. It's impossible to read.

I try to send Angelica a pleading look.

"Okay, just because I'm too brilliant to make it look pretty, like yours, which by the way, is ridiculous... Doesn't mean my handwriting is any less professional!" shouts Alex.

Great, too late. And John and James are the ones who usually calm them down. Guess what? They're both out of commission.

Thomas scoffs. "Aw, y'all think my handwriting is pretty?"

"Did you not hear anything I just said, doofus?" Alex replies, getting fired up.

Angelica snaps her fingers at Alex. "Hey. That's childish. What's this even about anyways?"

"He just insulted my handwriting," Alex moans. "And everything else I did today."

I glance at my own sheet of paper, my neat rows of readable handwriting abundantly obvious. He does realize that Thomas hasn't insulted him more than thrice today?

Without warning, John slams his head down on his desk.

I would gladly do that too, but nah. It would just be ridiculous. It's already been done.

Angelica raises an eyebrow. "Ok. Me too, John. Can we move on please?"

"Fine," whines Alex. Thomas just has that smug smile on his face... And Alex is going to pick another fight with Thomas about that.

I clear my throat. "Okay, let's just all calm down, guys."

Thomas and Alex both glare at me fiercely.