Chapter eight~

Zoro's pov

I woke up with a blanket on top of me. Must've been Sanji, I looked over to Sanji who was in the couch next to the sofa, he was looking down, he looked as if he was in deep thought. I shifted into a different position pretending to be asleep. I quietly listened as my back was facing to him while he began mumbling words.

"Bastards..." He began as I heard him clench his trousers. "Bastards.." He repeated as I flinched. "Fourteen years... Since someone cared... And it all because of you... Dad... You gave me away too to this other man.." He began as I frowned. "He did this... But not just him.. You too.. I know you will eventually find me.." He mumbled as I heard soft sobbing, I winced a little, not knowing exactly what he was talking about. I slowly stood up as he stood up not seeing me, I followed quietly as he walked into the bedroom where he woke up. I peeked over the wall to see him on the bed petting Leo. I guess he found his owner, he seemed to be purring and looked very happy. I smiled softly before walking away. Well I'm glad that Sanji is safe now... I will protect him no matter what! He went through a lot already! I need to keep him safe and ask how he got these 'beatings' from. I sat on the couch, I saw him come in with kitten in his hands.

"Oh... You're awake!" He mentioned before sitting on the opposite side of me in the other couch not far from the one I was sitting on. I sighed as he placed a questioning face on.

"I have a question.."

"Y-Yes...?" He stuttered.

"Where did you get all these beatings from?" I hesitated.

"Huh..? I don't know what you're talking about..." He lied.

"Look, Sanji... Don't play dumb... Tell me."

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"Yes you do. Now tell me."

"No."

"So you do know."

"..." He didn't answer, the kitten jumped off his lap as he looked down.

"Please tell me."

"No! If I said no it's a no!" He shouted casing me to flinch before frowning. He stood up and started walking away. I stood up and followed him, before he knew it, he was pinned to the wall. He winced in pain as his back hit the wall.
"What do you want?!" He hissed in annoyance.

"Tell me. NOW."

He only looked down and whimpered.

"I don't want to."

"NOW!" I hissed causing him to whimper. I heard small whimpers as he looked up with tears slipping down his face.

"I-I cant!"

"Why not!"

"They'll kill me!" More tears slipped down his face.

"Who?!"

"I can't say!"

"Then tell me who it was that did all this!"

"No!"

"I need to know if you want me to keep you safe! So tell me!" I looked at him in the eyes as tears escaped his ocean eyes.

"I-It... W-W-Was my f... F-Father.." He let his head fall down hanging on his neck. My eyes widen in shock.
"The whips were from when he gave me to this man in return for drugs.. He whipped me for an hour or so before I escaped when he dropped his key.. That's who did it. Since I was seven.. My dad killed my mother, the only person who cared for me. He then abused me until the age of 21, he gave me away to that man who whipped me before I escaped and you found me... That's what happened..." He mumbled before I let go of his wrists. He just stood there sobbing quietly while my eyes were wide. I hesitated and hugged him tightly. He hugged back and cried in my shoulder again as I stroked his blond hair as the locks ran between my fingers.

"Don't worry... I keep you safe... Forever..." I mumbled as he began crying more.

"I-I... T-Thank y-y-you... M-Moss head..." He managed before hugging me tighter. Poor kid... To be honest... It's nice having company.. I haven't had any in years.. Apart from school with my friends but I usually stay in the roof of the school alone looking at the sky, I live alone for a few years, since I was 13.. Because my parents abandoned me.. They left me the house and I had to get a job.. Well my friends support me, I only go to work once. And now I'm... 23. (Not Zoro's actual age but just pretend~!)Yeah.. I lived alone for ten years.. Quite a long time huh... But what he had was worse than I could imagine! He has been abused for 14 years!

"Was this 'abuse' happening everyday?"

He nodded in my shoulder causing me to grind my teeth slightly. He continued crying in my shoulder as I continued telling him that he's safe now.

"Sanji... Please! You're safe now and I won't let them take you away! I promise, so please don't cry anymore.. I'm here..." We both pulled away as he wiped his red and puffy eyes. I sighed before picking him up bridal style,

"W-What...?"

"You're going to sleep.."

"Fine.." He mumbled with a blush on his face while looking away. I carried him in my room, the room where he woke up, and set him on the bed before pulling the blanket over his bandaged body which was covered by clothes. I sighed again before walking away, I grabbed the knob and before I closed it.

"Sleep tight, Sanji.. Try not to think about it.." I mumbled.

"Thank you, Moss head..." He mumbled before shifting and closing his eyes. I quietly closed the door before exiting, I walked over to the sofa I slept on previously and let myself fall on it, I shifted into a comfortable position and closed my eyes thinking about Sanji before falling asleep..

                              Sanji

I'll keep you safe...