Not What I Expected: Part 2

Yn's POV

*Thursday, AKA The Next Day*

I woke up and immediately checked on DJ to make sure he was okay. After last night, I just had to make sure nothing happened while we were asleep. I walked into his room and saw him asleep, lightly snoring.

I walked into the kitchen and fixed breakfast. I made rice, eggs, bacon, and biscuits. Once everything was ready, I fixed DJ's plate and woke him up.

He walked into the kitchen and began eating. He barely said a word. I spoke up first.

"DJ, I'm so sorry you had to see that last night." I said, holding back tears.

"It's okay, mommy. It's not your fault."

"Yes, it is. I should have made sure Justin was safe enough to bring around you. Now I know he's not and I won't make the same mistake I did before."

He nodded.

There was an awkward silence between us, that never happens. I decided to change the subject. "Are you excited to go over to your dad's house tomorrow?" I asked him.

He smiled and continued to eat his food. "Yeah. We're gonna have a lot of fun."

I nodded. "Again, I'm sorry for not telling you sooner."

He nodded. "It's okay. I'm not mad about it anymore."

I smiled. "Good. Because I hate when you're upset with me."

"I know, mommy."

We continued eating our food. I turned on the radio and Dig's new song Great Expectations was playing again.

I turned it up. "DJ, do you hear your dad?"

His eyes grew bigger. "That's my daddy on the radio?" he asked. "Cool!"

After we both finished eating, I washed all the dishes. "Come on and start getting ready, DJ. I have to go get a new phone."

Since that bastard Justin broke the other one, I thought to myself.

Justin's POV

I really hope Yn doesn't think this is over with. No one gets away with lying to me. We were only together a few days and she tried to cheat on me already. Not anymore.

I hopped in the shower. After 20 minutes, I got out and wrapped the towel around my body. Ignoring my bottle of medication I had left out on the kitchen sink, I walked out of the bathroom.

I guess telling Yn I had bipolar disorder would've been pretty important. But, most girls don't want to go out with a guy that they think might kill them.

I had always blamed my parents for my disorder. Even though neither one of them have it. It's stopped me from doing so much. I either want to kill myself or other people.

And right now, Yn is the only one I want to make miserable. She's gonna regret ever trying to cheat on me.

Diggy's POV

*The Next Day*

I woke up bright and early and made sure I had everything ready for when DJ came over. I showered and ate a bowl of cereal.

After that, I went to different stores and got toys and all kinds of snacks and kids movies. Then, I went to the furniture store and got a mattress and bed for DJ to have. I also went to get some blue paint, paint supplies, and pictures to hang up on the wall.

With the record deal, I got tons of money. So, I went and bought a huge house. I have 5 bedrooms, three bathrooms, two living rooms, a big basement, and a huge backyard. I have so many extra bedrooms for when guests came over. I have one bedroom that isn't furnished yet furnished yet, which will be DJ's room. I even have extra rooms, just for fun. For example, the home theatre and outdoor and indoor swimming pool.

While at the furniture store, I bought a flat screen TV, just for DJ's room. I also bought a blue toy box to match the room and for him to put all of his toys in. Then, I bought him a small couch for when he wanted a few friends over and a small chair and desk for when he had to do homework.

Once I got home, I called Comcast to come over and set up the cable for his TV. Then, I realized that I needed some one to help paint and set up everything. Only two names popped into my head: Corahn and Nate.

I called Corahn first.

"Hello?" he answered.

"Wassup, bro. I need your help."

"Do you really?" he said with sarcasm. "Nah. I'll pass."

"Come on, man. I need you & Nate to help me set up DJ's room. He's coming over tonight."

The line went silent. He sighed. "I guess, man."

"Thanks, bro" I said. I gave him the address to my house and hung up. Next up, Nate.

"What is it, Dig?" he answered, without even saying hello.

"Bro, I need your help."

"Nope. I'm busy" he said.

"Look, Corahn and I are setting up DJ's room because he's coming over tonight. We need help. Don't do it for me, do it for DJ."

He sighed. "Fine, Dig. Where do you live?"

I gave him my address and hung up. I started bringing everything that I had bought in from the car. Just as I had brung in the last bag of snacks, Corahn and Nate showed up at the door. I let them in and we immediately got to work.

They both decided to paint while I sat up the desk and the chair. We all worked in complete silence until I spoke up. "So, how have you guys been."

"Dig, just cut to the chase" Corahn said. "What made you even come back?"

I sighed. "To remember where I came from and to see all of you guys again."

Nate shook his head. "What made you leave, Dig?"

"Life. It was too much to handle and I was a punkass back then. Trust me, I didn't leave because Yn was pregnant. I'm fact, when she told me, that was probably the best thing I've ever heard. I left because I couldn't have our family together because I blew it. I left because I love Yn with all my heart, and I knew she wouldn't want me again. I mean, how would you feel if Minnie or Taylor, the loves of your lives, didn't want to be with you because you did something stupid?"

They stopped painting and the whole room was silent. They continued to paint without answering my question. "Exactly" I said. I continued to set up the desk.

"Dig, it was hard on all of us when you left" Corahn said.

"You left us without a clue." Nate said. "We didn't know where you were, who you were with, or if you were even still alive."

I nodded. "I know, and I'm sorry. I just... needed time to think. I just hope we can be cool again. Like how we used to be."

Corahn walked over to me. "Yeah, we can" he said, giving me dap. Nate walked over to me and looked me in the eyes with a straight face. His face slightly softened as he said "It's good to have you back, Dig" and gave me dap.

We continued to work on the room.

*11 Hours Later*

Well, the room is finally finished. The paint is dry, the pictures are on the wall, the bed and desk are put together, and the rest of the furniture is in place. I called Comcast over to see where they were and they were on there way. I checked my watch and it was 6:00.

"You guys, can you stay here while they're setting up his TV?" I asked.

"Damn, Dig. We been here all day!" Nate said.

"I know but I have to go and get DJ and they aren't even here yet."

Corahn sighed. "I'll stay. It's not like Minnie wants to see me anyways."

Nate nodded his head. "I'll stay, too. Taylor has to work."

I nodded. Time to go pick up my son. First, I have to go get something special for Yn.

Yn's POV

I sat on the couch and programmed everybody's number into my new phone. It was 6:15. DJ was in his room watching TV. I was about to go and get some juice when the door was suddenly kicked open. I quickly turned to see Justin standing there.

"Justin, what the hell are you doing?!" I yelled as he started walking toward me.

"Shut up" he said.

"Justin-"

"I said shut the fuck up!" he yelled as he picked up a lamp and threw it. It was shattered into a million pieces.

I jumped at the noise and backed away. I found myself backing into the wall and not being able to go anywhere else. I felt helpless and surrounded.

A smirk formed across his face as he got closer and closer to me. "So, you thought you would cheat on me?" he asked.

"I never cheated-" then I felt a hand come across my face at full force. I was knocked on the ground. I felt my nose and saw that I was bleeding.

I started crying and tried to crawl away but he grabbed onto my leg. "Where the fuck do you think you're going?!"

"Let me go!" I yelled trying break free. I got up to my feet and tried to run away but he pushed me. I fell against the wall and felt my nose bleed even more. He started walking toward me again. "Please don't do this, Justin" I said, crying.

"Leave her alone!" DJ yelled.

I turned to see him standing in the doorway of his room. "Go back into your room, DJ. Everything's okay." I tried my hardest to comfort him.

Then, I saw Justin walk toward him. I got up off of the ground and jumped on his back and started choking him as hard as I could. "Hide, DJ!" I yelled. He ran into his room and slammed and locked the door.

Justin pushed me off his back and pinned me to the ground. He started punching me and slapping me repeatedly. I felt myself blacking out.

Then, the pain stopped. I heard a lot of bumping, though. Then, I heard a really familiar voice yell "Don't fucking touch her again!" I sat up and saw Diggy punching Justin. After over 15 punches, he got up and stomped him.

Justin was knocked out. Diggy ran over to me. "Yn, are you okay?"

I had a bloody nose, two black eye, two busted lips, and my cheeks were bruised. "I'm fine. How did you know to come" I said, feeling dizzier and dizzier.

"I didn't. I came early to talk to you and then I saw the door was kicked down. I could see what was going on right after that."

I sat there and cried. I wrapped my arms around Diggy and squeezed him tightly. We sat there hugging for about five minutes. Then, Diggy spoke up. "Where's DJ?"

"In his room" I said. I pointed in the direction of his room.

"Go and get him. I'm 'bout to call the police on this nigga" he said.

I walked over to DJ's room and knocked on his door. "DJ, open up. It's mommy" I said.

He slowly opened the door and peeked through. He opened it up all the way and hugged me tightly. "I was so scared, mommy."

"Me too, baby."

A few minutes later the police came to the apartment. They started questioning me. I sat on the couch waiting for the officer to start.

"Miss, what's your name" Officer Jacobs asked me.

"Yn" I answered.

"Okay, Miss Yn. How old are you?" he asked.

"20."

"What happened?"

"I was about to go and get some juice when my door got kicked down. It was Justin. We've been dating for a few days, but two days ago, he got mad because he thought I was cheating on him with Diggy. He lashed out, but not like this. He threw a lamp and then started hitting me. My son came out and he was about to hurt him, too. I had to tell him to hide. Justin started hitting me again and then Diggy came."

"What's your relationship with Diggy?"

"He's my baby daddy. He came to get DJ for the weekend."

He nodded. "Well, you won't be seeing anymore of Justin anytime soon."

I nodded and walked over to my landlord who came up. "I can't stay here anymore, Mrs. Riles. It's too dangerous."

"You can't just up and leave, Yn."

I thought for a second. I was about to answer when I was cut off by Diggy. "She can stay with me. I'll pay for next month's rent. She's right, it's way too dangerous for them to stay here."

Mrs. Riles thought for a second. "Okay. But I need all of the money next week. Rent is $900"

Diggy pulled out his money and gave her a huge wad of cash. "That's $1,400. Keep the change."

She nodded. "Well, everything is fine now. Everything must be moved out within two weeks."

He nodded. I went to pack a small bag and laid on the couch, waiting for them to finish interrogating him. Once he was finished, he picked me up bridal style and carried out me to the car with DJ carrying his suitcase and my bag right next to us. He then drove off from the apartment.

Diggy's POV

I'm glad I came when I did. If something would've happened to Yn, I don't know how I would've lived with myself.

We got outside of my house and I called Nate to open the door. Once he did that, I carried Yn inside the house and laid her on the couch while Corahn showed DJ his new room. Corahn quickly came down and joined us.

"What the fuck happened?" Nate asked.

My jaw clenched. "That nigga, Justin. He broke in and started beating on her."

Corahn shook his head. "Damn, that's messed up."

Yn sat up. "You guys, can you bring me a glass of water and a cold towel?" ,she asked.

Corahn got the water while Nate got the towel. I sat there and held her hand. They came back with everything. It was 7, so they said goodbye and told Yn they hoped she felt better soon and left.

"Where are the rooms at, Dig?" she asked.

"Upstairs" I answered. "You can sleep in my room if you want."

Yn's POV

I went upstairs and showered. After that, I put lotion and deodorant on, brushed my teeth, and put my pajamas on. I looked in the mirror and cried at my appearance. I looked horrible. I put my hair in a bun and walked out of the bathroom.

I checked on DJ and he was asleep. Then, I walked into Dig's room. He was in the shower so I just laid on his bed and waited. 15 minutes later, he came out with only his boxers on. He came over to me and wrapped his arms around me. We cuddled the whole night.
___________________________
Soooo, what did you think about that? One comment that stuck out to me was from @Crooked_Smile__. After this chapter, I'm sure you were probably upset, disappointed, or both. However, within these next few chapters, you'll see why I made the story turn in the direction that it's in now. Trust me, everything will fall into place. Thanks for all the love everyone.

Vote 👍, Comment 💬, & Share 📱📲