Moving Day

Yn's POV

I woke up with Diggy's arms wrapped around me. I looked over my shoulder and saw that he was still sleeping. Quietly, I got out of bed and went into DJ's room. He was also asleep.

I went into the bathroom and closed the door. I stared at my reflection. My nose was really swollen, both eyes were blackened, both lips were busted, and my cheeks were bruised. I can't believe this happened to me again. I sat on the bathroom floor and cried.

This is something that I hated about myself. I was a huge crybaby. I was overly sensitive and the smallest of things made me burst into tears. I've been like this since I was younger and until this day I've never understood.

I sat on the ground and sobbed lightly, trying not to wake Dig and DJ up. Then, I heard a knock on the door. "Who is it?" I answered, trying to hide the sadness in my voice.

"It's Diggy. Everything okay in there?"

"Yeah, I'm fine" I said wiping my face.

"Can I come in?"

"I guess."

He came in, closed the door, and sat across from me on the floor. He looked me in the eye. "Yn, you don't have to pretend like everything is okay around me."

I nodded. "I know, Dig."

"So, can you tell me where it all started?"

I sighed. "He's my boss' twin brother. He came up to visit his sister and that's how I met him."

"When did you guys start dating?"

"He took me on a date a day after that. He made me feel so special, Dig. I haven't felt like that in a long time."

He looked kind of jealous. "He never seemed crazy to you at all?"

I thought for a second. "On the date, he got a little upset about me wanting to pay, but he didn't yell or anything. And when we went to the mall, he got frustrated and squeezed the hell out of my hand when I told him he didn't have to pay for everything. And three days ago, he got upset when I was texting you. He thought I was cheating on him." I started crying again. "I feel so stupid."

"Yn, you're not stupid. You're smart, independent, loving, and most importantly, beautiful. On the inside and out."

I shook my head. "I'm not beautiful. Look at me! I look a mess."

"You're always beautiful in my eyes, Yn. No matter how bad you think you look."

I managed to smile. "Thanks, Dig." I wrapped my arms around him tightly.

He let go of me. "First thing's first, we have to get you and DJ moved in. I'll handle that today. While Corahn, Nate, Taylor, Minnie, and I are moving you out, you're going up to your job and quitting."

"What?!" I screamed. I loved my job with all of my heart. I shook my head. "No. I'm not going to quit."

He sighed. "Yn, I'm making more than enough money to buy all the hospitals you want. There's no need for you to work. Besides, you need to lose all connections with your boss. Her twin obviously isn't safe, and she could possibly be the same for all we know."

I sighed. "Fine. I'll go up there today."

He nodded. He was about to walk out but then turned to me. "Yn, there's something important I have to tell you."

"What is it?"

Just as he was about to speak, the doorbell rang. "I'll tell you later."

I nodded. I went into the bedroom and picked something to wear out of the bag. I chose a pink hoodie, blue jean pants, and pink shoes. After doing my normal routine, I found a pair of sunglasses and put them on to cover my black eyes. I walked out of the door and went on my way to work.

The traffic wasn't as bad as it usually is. I got there and went straight into Tammy's office, hiding my face so I wouldn't be questioned by others. I knocked on her office door. "Come in" she answered.

I walked in, with my head still down, and closed the door. I sat in the chair directly in front of her.

"Yn? You were supposed to be here at 6:15 today! It's 10:00. Do you know how unprofessional this is?! And take those sunglasses off and look at me when I'm talking to you!"

I lifted my head up and took the sunglasses off. Her face immediately got softer when she saw my face. "Look, I'm sorry" I said. "But I didn't come here to get yelled at. I came here because I need to quit."

She walked over to me and examined my face. "Who did this to you, Yn?"

"Look, it doesn't matter. I-"

"It was Justin, wasn't it?" she said as a tear came down her face. "He did this to you."

I looked shocked. "How do you know?"

"Yn, I told you to be careful. He has bipolar disorder. The smallest of things can trigger his anger. This isn't his first time doing this to someone."

"You knew and didn't fucking tell me?! My life and my son's life were almost taken away from us last night! Why didn't you tell me?!"

"Because my life was on the line, too!" she said. "He broke into my house one night and threatened me to be nicer to you or else he would kill me! If I told you he had bipolar disorder, he would've known it was me and killed me!"

"That doesn't mean you didn't have to tell me! You could've found a way to secretly do it and I would've made an excuse to break up with him! My son witnessed me almost get my life taken away! My four year old son!"

She sat back down. "Yn, I'm so sorry I didn't tell you earlier. I just-"

"Look, I really didn't come here for all of this. I quit. So, when can I get my last paycheck?" I said, getting back on the main purpose of me coming up there in the first place.

She sighed. "Today." She handed me the paycheck sitting on her desk. "I really am sorry, Yn. Honestly."

I ignored her and walked toward the door. "Can you at least tell me where Justin is?" she asked.

I paused and turned back to her. "He's in jail, Tammy." I said. She put her face in her hands and started sobbing. I turned back around, put my sunglasses back on, and walked out of her office. I continued to walk out of the building with my head down.

Diggy's POV

I was with Tay, Min, Nate, & Corahn trying to pack Yn and DJ's stuff up in her old apartment. "Damn, I never knew two people could have so many close" I said, packing up DJ's closet.

Minnie laughed. "All Yn does is shop. Especially for DJ. She makes sure he stays flee."

Taylor nodded. "Yeah. She's a damn good provider for that little boy."

Minnie and Taylor started packing up Yn's closet and dressers. Corahn was taking out furniture and Nate was outside loading boxes into the moving truck he rented.

After a few hours, everything was packed into boxes and inside the truck. When we got to my house, Yn's car was outside. We brung all the boxes upstairs and decided to put the extra furniture in storage.

"Thanks for everything, you guys" I said to them.

"Anything for family" Minnie said. Everyone else nodded. They came inside and got something to drink.

"Where's Yn?" Taylor asked.

"Yeah" said Minnie. "Her car's outside but I haven't seen her once. Or DJ."

"My mom came by and picked DJ up this morning after Yn left to quit her job. Yn is upstairs in our room."

"What?! Why did she quit?" Tay asked.

"I knew it was gonna be too much for her to see her boss everyday since that was Justin's twin, so I told her to."

"Well, you have a point" Minnie said.

"Tammy was a bitch toward her anyways" Tay said.

"You guys can go upstairs and talk to her if you want" I told them. They nodded and ran upstairs.

Minnie's POV

We ran upstairs and knocked on the door. "Come in" Yn said. We walked in and saw her laying on the bed facing the opposite wall.

"Hey girrrl" I said.

She turned to us, leaving us with a shocked look on our face. Justin definitely left damage on her face. "Yn, are you okay?" I asked.

She rolled her eyes. "Please don't come in here with the pity train, you two. I know I look horrible."

Tay shook her head. "Yn, we're just trying to make sure you're okay."

It really hurts me to see her face all bruised up like this. "Yn, I'm sooo sorry."

She shook her head. "Don't be. Why should you be? You're not the one that beat the hell out of me."

"Well, all of your stuff is moved out of your apartment" I said, trying to change the subject.

She gave us a fake, weak smile. "Thanks, guys. I appreciate it."

"Is there anything you want to talk about before we go?" Tay asked.

She shook her head. "Nah. I just want to be alone right now." She turned back to the opposite wall with her back toward us.

We walked out of the room, closing the door behind us.

Diggy's POV

"How was she?" I asked as I saw Taylor and Minnie come back downstairs.

"Horrible" Minnie asked. "She barely looked at us."

"She hasn't been like this in a long time" Taylor added. "She could be slipping back into depression."

I thought about all the words they had just said for a long time. "Can we talk later?" I asked all of them, basically asking them to leave.

"I guess" Minnie said shrugging her shoulders. They all left. I locked the door and ran upstairs. I knocked on the door. "Can I come in?" I asked.

"Yeah" she said.

I came and saw Yn staring at her reflection. I walked over to her. "What are you thinking about?" I asked.

"Life" she answered.

"I know it's hard for you right now, Yn. But I'm here for you. And I told you already, only death will make me leave you guys again."

She started crying and turned toward me. She gave me a big hug. "Why do you still want to be with me, Diggy? I look horrible and I act horrible toward you."

"I really care about you, Yn. The fact that you were beaten just makes me want to protect you even more. I want to be there for you and DJ. I want us to be a family, Yn. I don't care how bad you look or you think you look. I care for you both, Yn."

She cried even harder.

I embraced her and kissed her forehead. I missed having her in my arms. From now on, no more slip ups. I'm going to be with Yn and DJ as a family. Period.
___________________________
Vote 👍, Comment 💬, & Share 📱📲