Taken

Yn's POV

*Two Days Later*

"Mommy, where are we going?" DJ asked.

"To Auntie Minnie and Uncle Corahn's house" I answered. "Minnie and I have to go to the store to talk about very important things."

"What specific type of 'important things'?"

I sighed. "You're too young to understand, DJ."

"Mom, I understand 7th grade math at the age of four. I understand way more than you think, trust me."

I chuckled. "I'm sorry, DJ. It's just too much."

He nodded. "I understand you, mom."

We pulled up to the house and Corahn immediately opened the door. DJ ran out and gave him a big hug. Minnie walked out toward the car.

"You two have fun" I called out to them.

"We will" Corahn said. "Have fun and don't spend too much."

Minnie smiled. "I love you, baby!"

"I love you too" he said before he walked back into the house with DJ.

I pulled off and headed toward the mall. It was silent the whole ride there. I didn't speak up until we arrived inside the mall.

"So, how have you been, girl?"

She smiled and looked over at me. "Yn, I've been so happy. Plus, I have some big news."

I smiled back at her. "Diggy and I do, too. But, you go first."

She nodded. "Okay. So, guess who's going to have a baby?"

I smiled at her. "Oh my goodness! That's amazing!" I gave her a big hug.

She laughed. "Aw, thank you so much. So, what's the big news you wanted to tell me?"

I let go of her and looked at her again. "I guess God blessed us both with a child. I'm pregnant, too!" I said with a big smile.

She looked at me wide-eyed. "Oh my goodness! That's wonderful" she said, hugging me again. "I bet Diggy is so excited."

I shook my head and let her go again. "I haven't told him just yet, but I'm sure he'll be just as excited as I am. It's just a huge coincidence how we're both best friends and pregnant at the same time."

She nodded. "I haven't told Corahn yet, either. And I honestly think that wasn't a coincidence, just faith."

We got to the mall and I parked the car. I smiled as we walked into Charlotte Rousse. "I'm just so happy, Minnie."

"Me too. I mean, I'm going to be a mother!"

I wiped a tear of joy from her face. "I'm so happy for you, Minnie. Honestly, I am."

She nodded. "Thanks, and congratulations to you too, Yn." We got what we wanted and purchased everything.

We walked into Body Central. "So, tell me, Yn, how does it feel being a mother?"

I looked over at Minnie and smiled. "Well, it's just such a joyful time. I promise you, it's filled with it's ups and downs but everything's worth it. In the long run, you'll hold your baby in your arms and think 'Wow, I'm a mother and this is my child. There's nothing anyone can do about that.' Just knowing that it's your child, it's just the best feeling ever."

She smiled and looked down at her stomach. "Wow, I'm still in shock about this. I'm nervous, though."

"You'll do great, I already know."