Saving Daniel

Yn's POV

"No! No! No! No!" I shouted.

Suddenly the doctors rushed in. I fell to the ground and began crying my eyes out. A security guard came in and carried me out of the room.

"No! Put me down! I have to see Diggy!" I kept yelling and punching him as hard as I could on his back in between sobs. He carried me into the waiting room and slumped me down on the chair.

I began crying harder and harder. One of the doctors came in and told everyone else what had happened. I cried even harder, and I felt my heart stop.

FLASHBACK

I tried to scurry to my locker and try to make myself as unnoticeable as I possibly could. I then heard a very familiar voice that I could recognize from anywhere. It's Minnie, my BFF.

"Hey giiiirl" she said in a very excited tone.

I gave her fake smile and turned toward her. "Hey, wassup Min?" I asked trying to sound as perky as possible.

Isn't it funny how you're supposed to confide in your best friend about everything going on in your life, & Minnie doesn't know anything about my life? Every time she saw the bruises on my face and body, I would just make up some lame excuse. Dont get me wrong, Im gonna tell her, just not right now...

"There's this new kid um, what the fuck is his name?" She asked aloud, saying random names aloud. "Danny, Doggy, Diddy, oh wait, Daniel, but everyone calls him Diggy." She said all of this in so much excitement but I have no idea why. "He's super cute but seems really shy."

I gave her a 'Get To The Point, Min' look before turning around & completely giving up on the subject.

She looked kind of upset and disappointed that I had shut her down like that. "What's wrong with you?" She asked, desperate to know what was bothering me. "You haven't been the same lately & all Im trying to do is be a good BFF & you're shutting me down."

"It hasn't even been a full three days yet and you're already trying to hook me up! Just leave me alone! Im not ready! " I screamed, remembering those were the same words I had screamed at Jason. I winced at the thought.

Minnie looked so hurt, even I wanted to cry. She turned around and walked away, tears streaming from her eyes. I feel so horrible. I started to chase after her to apologize when the first bell rang.

"Ugghhh" I said in frustration.

I began running in the opposite direction when I bumped into someone.

"Oh my God, Im so sorry" I said, picking the books up that had fallen out of our hands. I looked at him. He's definitely fine as hell.

"It's cool" he said giving me a slight smile.

"Im Yn" I said reaching my hand out to shake his.

"Daniel" he said while shaking my hand.

We gazed into each other's eyes for a few minutes until I realized I had to get to class.

"I have to go" I said.

"Umm, yeah me too" he said.

He followed me to class until I realized we had EVERY class together. Wow.

END OF FLASHBACK

DJ was crying in Angela's lap. Angela looked as if she'd seen a ghost. Nessi looked so defeated. They both started crying at the same time.

Russy came over and sat by me. Then, I realized that everyone was crying. Mrs. Justine even fainted.

"You know, I never thought I'd lose my brother" he said as tears were free falling from his face.