Chicago Tribune

Feeling generous because of Christmas, so I'll update twice.
🎄🎁MERRY CHRISTMAS 🎄🎁

Yn's POV

*The Next Day*

I woke up with Diggy's arms around me again. I can definitely get used to this. I decided to mess with him while he was asleep. I started swiping my fingers up and down on his lips faster and faster. It was something I knew he hated.

He started shaking his head uncontrollably trying to move my finger. I started laughing. "I hate when you do that" he said with his eyes still closed.

I giggled. "I know you do. That's why I do it."

He opened his eyes and smiled. "DJ's going to be gone for the rest of the day with my mom. What do you want to do?"

I thought long and hard. "You decide."

He started laughing. "It took you that long just to say that?"

I giggled. "Shut up."

He laughed. "Let me get up and get ready. You can wear whatever you want. There's no specific dress code."

I thought for a second. "Do we have to go out? Can't we just hang out here?"

He gave me a confused look. "Why do you want to stay here? The weather is perfect for going out."

"No particular reason" I answered. I didn't want to tell him that I was still insecure about the bruising I had gotten from Justin. My face was a train wreck.

"Yn, this isn't about your face is it?" he asked. I didn't say anything. It was quiet until he spoke up again. "I already told you you're still beautiful, Yn. Why do you keep letting this get in the way of what you want to do?"

"I don't want to go out into this world full of judgements looking like I just got out of a fight with a boxing kangaroo" I answered. "You're a guy, so stuff like this probably wouldn't bother you. But it bothers me, Dig. It really does."

He sighed. "Okay, Yn. So what do you want to do while we stay here?"

I thought long and hard again. "I want to watch a movie" I answered.

"In the home theatre or just up here?"

"Either one works. What do you have?" I asked.

"A lot. All of them are in that pile over there. Go see which one you want."

"Okay. I'm going to take a shower and get ready first."

I walked into one of the guest rooms and grabbed a box that said 'Yn's Clothes'. I opened it and got underclothes, a turquoise tank top, blue jean shorts, and turquoise flats.

I hopped in the shower and washed my hair and body for about thirty minutes. Then, I brushed my teeth, put lotion and deodorant on, and then my clothes. I put my hair in a ponytail.

When I walked back into the bedroom, Diggy was sitting on the bed reading a newspaper. He had a really concerned, yet upset, look on his face. "Whatcha got there?" I asked.

I obviously scared him because he jumped. "Ummm.. nothing. It's nothing" he said, trying to hide the newspaper.

I lifted my eyebrow. "Really? Because it certainly did look like something."

He shook his head. "No, it wasn't. Trust me."

I nodded my head. "Okay. If you say it's nothing, it's nothing." I pretended like I was going to walk out of the room and quickly turned around and grabbed the newspaper from where he was hiding it. He tried to grab it from me but I quickly jumped out of the bed and ran into the bathroom, locking the door.

Diggy tried to open it and realized it was locked. He then started banging on the door. "Yn, open the door!"

I ignored him and read the cover of the newspaper:

EXTRA! EXTRA!: SuperDiggy! Up and coming rapper Daniel 'Diggy' Simmons, who made the songs 'Great Expectations' & 'Mama Said', saves supposedly new girlfriend, Yn, from crazy ex-boyfriend, Justin Combs. Sources tell us she was in an abusive relationship and he got mad and lashed out on her. Diggy was there to save the day. Pictures of Yn inside!

I opened up the magazine an flipped through the pages. Right in the middle of the newspaper was a two-page spread out on what happened and pictures of me. There was a picture of my face up-close after the attack and pictures of Justin actually attacking me. It even included how DJ was Diggy's son & how they just found out about each other.

Diggy was still banging on the door. "Yn, just open the door!"

I stared at the pictures and read the article in disbelief. I opened the door and Diggy finally stopped banging on it. "What the hell is this?" I asked holding the newspaper up.

He sighed. "Chicago Tribune found out about what happened."

I rolled my eyes. "I know that, Diggy. But how?" I thought for a second. "You didn't tell them, did you?"

He looked offended. "No, Yn. Why would I do it?"

"I just wanted to be sure."

"The police probably put out a report out to the public. I'm not sure if they were supposed to talk to us about it first, but if they are, they probably didn't talk to us about it because I'm becoming more known as a 'celebrity'."

I thought about it. "I guess that makes sense. Paparazzi could've found it about it some type of way, too." I looked back at the cover.

Diggy shook his head and lowered it. "You still don't trust me, do you?"

I looked up at him. "Dig, I-"

"It's okay, I already know the answer." He walked downstairs and I trailed behind him. He grabbed his keys and headed out of the door.

"Where are you going?" I called after him.

"To think" he answered. He started the car up and drove off. I just stood in the doorway, dumbfounded. Only the worse could come to mind. Should I really trust him? Does he really care about or even love us?Is he even coming back?

Tears welled up in my eyes as I closed and locked the door. I sat on the couch and turned on the TV. I was watching the news and then the story of Diggy and I came up. I sighed, turned the TV off, & drifted to sleep.

Desiree's POV

I looked at the cover of Chicago Tribune in shock. Are you kidding me?! He's found a new girl already?!

My mom snatched the paper from me. Yes, I have to live with her since Diggy kicked me out. She shook her head and said "Um um um. This is a shame."

"I know right! How could he have found a girl that fast?!" I exclaimed, shaking my head and rubbing my belly. She smacked me upside my head. "Ouch!" I exclaimed.

"I'm not talking about that! I'm talking about what happened to that poor girl. She must be devastated. Look at how badly she's bruised."

"I don't give a fuck and neither should you" I mumbled under my breath. She smacked me upside my head again. "Ouch!" I said again.

"Watch your mouth in my house!" she said.

I shook my head. "I'm 19 and you still treat me like I'm 2. I have my own job and pregnant for goodness sake!"

"Exactly" she said. "You're 19 and pregnant. You haven't even finished school, Des."

I shrugged. "I don't need school."

She shook her head. "Lord Jesus, take the wheel." She was looking toward the sky when she said that. "Because I feel my blood pressure rising. Give her some sense, Lord."

I shook my head. "I don't need to hear this" I said, struggling to get out of my seat because of my back that was killing me.

My mom shook her head at me again. "You haven't even experienced life yet, Des. And you're talking about bringing a child into the world. Hell, you don't even know who the baby daddy is!"

I finally got to my feet and started walking out of the kitchen. "Whatever mom" I said, rubbing my belly. I wobbled out of the kitchen and up the stairs. I'm due in five days. This will all be over soon.

Once I sat down, I started daydreaming about how my baby girl would look. I was interrupted when I kept getting horrible pains and cramps in my stomach. Then, I looked down and saw that my water had broke.

I started panicking. "Ummm... mom!" I yelled.

"What, Des?!" she yelled up the stairs.

I looked down at the puddle. "My, my water just broke!" I yelled back down. It was quiet for a second. Then I heard footsteps rushing up the stairs.

She went into my closet and grabbed the bag we had prepared for when it was time to go to the hospital. Then, she grabbed my toothbrush out of the bathroom. As calmly as she could, she said "Come on."

She helped me down the stairs and I yelped at how much pain I was in. My mom grabbed the keys and helped me into the car. I sighed. This is going to be a long day.

*13 Hours Later*

"You've given birth to a healthy, beautiful baby girl" the doctor said. "Would you like to hold her?"

I nodded and held out my arms. I held my baby and I was so happy. "Hey baby" I said to her. "I'm going to love you and take care of you."

"We have to take her to get cleaned and check and see if there's anything we should be concerned about" the doctor said, taking her out of my arms. "What would you like to name her?"

"Janay" I answered. I filled out the paperwork and got everything signed. I'm a mommy now. "Also, Doctor H?"

She turned around. "Yes?"

"I was wondering if we could get her tested... to see who her father is" I said, feeling embarrassed.

She nodded. "After she takes the tests, they will be sent to your house within a week."

I nodded.

Corahn's POV

Minnie still isn't talking to me. She brushed right past me and went into the living room. I followed her and tried to start a conversation.

"You need anything, baby?"

She don't respond. She just turned the TV on and started watching it.

"Minnie, this has gone way too far."

She turned the TV up louder and kept ignoring. I grabbed the remote, turned the TV off and threw it on the other side of the room. She rolled her eyes and tried to walk away.

I grabbed her arm. "Let me go, Corahn!"

"Oh, so now you wanna talk?"

She glared at me and tried to break free of my grasp. I didn't budge. I sat her down on the couch.

I felt my temper rise even more when she tried to get back up. "Sit down!" I screamed. She immediately sat back down. "I'm trying to talk to you."

She rolled her eyes. "What do you want Corahn?"

I felt my temper rise again. "Maybe if you would stop being so damn stubborn and just listen for once, I could tell you!"

I could tell she was getting mad because she hated to be yelled at. But did I give a fuck? No. "Corahn, listen-"

"No, you listen. I said sorry I don't know how many times and I'm not saying it again. I'm not yo average light skinned nigga, I'm not about to repeat myself over and over again!"

"Fuck you Corahn! I can't believe you thought I cheated on you in the first place! You know what-"

I cut her off by kissing her. At first she was shocked but eventually she kissed back. We took it to the bedroom and... do I really need to explain?

Yn's POV

*7:30 PM*

I woke up and Diggy still wasn't home. I'm really not sure what to think right now. I went to go get some juice. When I came back, I sat on the couch and watched TV. A few minutes later, the door started to unlock.

Diggy and DJ came in. "Mommmyyy" DJ yelled and ran over to me.

"Hey, DJ. Did you have fun with your grandma?" I asked.

He nodded. "Yes, indeed. Oh yeah, I can read chapter books now" he said with a huge smile. A four year old reading chapter books? Damn, my baby is so smart.

"Really? Wow, I'm so proud of you" I said as Diggy walked upstairs. I turned my attention back to DJ. "Um, DJ, go upstairs and take a bath so you can get ready for bed. Okay?"

He nodded. "Okay." He ran upstairs and I trailed behind him. He ran into the bathroom after getting his pajamas and ran tub water. After a little while, he turned it off and closed the door, indicating that he was about to get in.

I walked into our room and saw Diggy hanging his jacket up. I stood in the doorway and crossed my arms. "What? You can't speak?"

He sighed and turned his attention to me. "Not now, Yn."

"Then when Diggy? Because I sure would love to know when would be the perfect time to talk to you since it's all about you."

He sighed and didn't say anything. "What? Cat's got your tongue?" I asked.

He punched the wall, making me jump and creating a whole. "What the hell is your problem, Yn?! I try to do everything for you and I try to help you with everything and all you do is nag me about every got damn thing like it's my fuckin fault! I do everything I can for you and still don't even trust me!"

I was shocked. "First off, lower your voice and watch your language. Did you forget that our son was here? Second of all, I don't blame you for everything. And third of all, don't try to act like you've been here since day one, because you haven't. Do I have to remind you that you left four years ago?"

He looked offended, and even hurt. "Why do you keep bringing that up?! I said I was sorry!"

"Again, lower your voice. And saying sorry doesn't change the fact that you still did it."

He clenched his jaw, something I knew he did when he was pissed off or about to snap. "See what I mean? You keep bringing up old shit!"

"And again, lower your voice and watch your language. And I'm bringing up facts, Daniel."

He shook his head. He grabbed a pillow and a blanket. "Where are you going?" I asked.

"To the couch."

"Why can't we just talk about this as the grown ass people that we are?!" I asked.

"'Lower your voice and watch your language'" he said in a mocking tone. He went downstairs and I heard him turn the TV on.

I sighed. I went into the bathroom and took my shower. Then I did everything else I needed to do and put my pajamas up. I put my hair in a ponytail and checked my appearance in the mirror. My swelling on my cheeks and nose went down a little bit but other than that I still looked the same.

I went into DJ's room to check on him and he was asleep. I then went downstairs to get ice for my face. Diggy ignored me and I applied the ice to my face. I went upstairs and put it on my face until I eventually fell asleep.
___________________________
Sorry if that was short and boring. 😔😔 Oh yeah, and sorry for that wack ass title, too. Sorry any for typos. I promise it's going to get better. Anyways, I need to know your thoughts about everything so far. Vote 👍, Comment 💬, & Share 📱📲