◇Chapter 3◇

Long ago, two races lived among the Earth: HUMANS and MONSTERS.

One day, war broke out between the two races. After a long battle, the humans were victorious. They sealed the monsters underground with a magic spell.

Many years later...

Legends say that those who climb the mountain never return.

Will this group of fairies succeed, or will they fail in freeing them?

-◇◇◇-

"...guys!"

Bloom's eyes shot open. Aisha and Flora awoke next, and it seemed they were fine. The redhead looked to the source of the worried voice. It was Stella.

"Oh for Pete's sake!" Stella exclaimed. "Thank goodness you're all okay! I panicked when you all just fell in!"

Flora looked around, then to Stella. "We're fine, actually," she stated to the blonde. Then she looked at what she was sitting on. "In fact, I think these golden flowers saved us!"

Bloom looked at the patch below her. Seeing that these flowers indeed saved her and her friends from death...

It filled her with determination.

"Well, if it weren't for those flowers, the other most likely thing that will happen is that you three broke a few bones." Tecna guessed. "At least you're all fine for now."

The said three got up and dusted themselves as the other four detransformed back into their normal forms. They looked around for a way out of the room they were in, which was difficult, considering that it is unfortunately dark and the only light source came from above.

Unless...

"Hey guys!" Stella called. "You might be forgetting that I'm the fairy of the Shining Sun! I'll light this place up!"

"That's a great idea!" Bloom appraised. "Do it!"

The sun fairy created a ball of light, enlarging it. Later she lets it float and hover around the room, revealing a path to a doorway. The Winx and Roxy followed the magical bulb and looked at each other.

"There's no other way," Bloom announced, looking around. "Let's go."

The group entered into the new room. It was empty, save for the patch of grass in the middle of the room and another doorway up ahead.

Did I mention a golden flower in the middle of the grass...?

"Howdy!" A voice squeaked. The girls looked for the source of the voice. "Down here, on the ground!"

A golden flower stood, with six golden petals around its head. The head had a simple face; a pair of eyes and a mouth. Amazed, Flora approached the creature.

"How adorable, a talking flower!" the caramelette commented, sounding like she has not seen one before. "Were you born like this? Were you created by the monsters?"

The Winx were confused, considering Flora is a fairy of Nature and she probably had encountered many other mysterious plants.

"No and yes," the flower replied. "Anyway, I'm Flowey, Flowey the Flower!"

Flora smiled. "Nice to meet you, Flowey. My name is Flora, and these are my friends, the Winx."

The plant tilted its head, and for a split second, it cast an evil smirk. In another blink of an eye, it was back to its cheerful smile, but knowing that Bloom has an extrasensory perception, she could see through that smile and into the real intentions of this creature. She proceeded to warn her friends.