◇Chapter 9◇

The dialogue box was right. The house was indeed, cute and tidy, and it was just a part of the living room.

There was a staircase leading to the basement. There was also a small bookshelf to the right corner with a calendar placed above it. The room to the left was the actual living room, while to the right was the way to the bedrooms. The girls explored around, looking at the small but cute little house Toriel lived in.

"This is my house, as you can see," Toriel stated. "Please make yourselves comfortable."

A chimney was evident with another shelf of books beside it. A comfortable armchair was placed near the chimney, and a dining table is also seen at another side of the room. The kitchen was small, with the neccessities needed for cooking. Flora thought of cooking sometime.

The bedroom was small for them, but they could manage. Knowing the Winx can miniaturize, they'd probably sleep somewhere else in the room. Tecna however had a few sleeping bags, so miniaturizing wasn't needed. Finally everything was settled, and the Winx relaxed. They were all dressed in their pajamas.

"Finally, we can sleep!" Stella whined as she flopped down onto her pillow. "I've had enough walking and falling. Right now, I want to sleep."

"Same goes for me," Musa said as she fixed herself in her sleeping bag. "Now that I think about it, we all look like cozy burritos."

The bluenette was right. They were either on the floor, or on the bed, with blankets wrapped around themselves. The Winx laughed at the fact.

"Well, we should all take a nap," Bloom said as she turned of the lamp. "Sweet dreams, everyone."

Everyone fell asleep at that point, having their well-deserved rest.

~~~~~

Bloom awoke in a different place. She could not recognize where it was, but it felt calming to be there. The fairy looked around, and saw two children--a human and a goat child--standing in front of a statue holding an umbrella. A sweet, melodic music box played. Bloom felt nostalgic, remembering her adoptive parents.

"Hey -----, look!" The goat child said to the human, pointing at the statue. "The music comes from there!"

The other child looked at where the goat child was pointing at, and listened closely. "You're right... that's amazing!"

Bloom smiled. It felt heartwarming to see the two, listening to the music box as the melody echoed throughout the room. She noticed that the children had rather similar clothes. Could they be siblings... adoptive siblings? She wondered, then remembered Daphne.

Remembering your family who love you to no end... you're filled with determination.

~~~~~

The first thing her senses caught was butterscotch, and it had a hint of... cinnamon?

She got up from her makeshift bed and looked at the plate. A butterscotch-cinnamon pie was sliced to eight equal pieces. Everyone had a slice with one extra, so Bloom thought that the other was for an emergency healing situation. She created a box to fit it in, and placed it in her bag. The fairy also noticed that half of the group had gone out, while three others slept. That would be Stella, Musa and Aisha. Chuckling, Bloom got up to see the others in the living room.

"Hey Bloom," Roxy was the first to greet her. "How was your sleep?"

Bloom smiled, remembering her dream. "Great."

Toriel paused reading her book with Tecna, having heard their conversation. She put down her reading glasses and said, "That's good to hear. I don't know how you manage, but it's good to hear that you all slept well. Would you like a slice of butterscotch-cinnamon pie?"

She moved her hands to show the same pie Bloom found earlier on the table. "I figured I should make two to celebrate your arrival with the other girls, so I'm holding off snail pie for tonight." The goat mother chuckled. "I must also add that Flora is a great cook and a fast learner. I shared to her my recipe for the pie."

Bloom looked at Flora, who was meekly eating a slice of the pie. She shyly smiled, then resumed eating. The fire fairy gave a small smile, then took a plate from the kitchen with a fork to eat a slice herself. A few minutes later, the three sleeping girls were already up.

"Ah, that was a really good sleep," Aisha said as she yawned a little. "I smell pie."

"Well deserved pie for all of you," Toriel smiled, looking at the Winx. "Come now, eat!"

The rest of the Winx enjoyed their small meal from Toriel. If they were honest, butterscotch and cinnamon were actually a good combo, especially for dessert. After that, they decided to stay a while and chill out.

...

Roxy, Flora and Stella were currently in the balcony. Bloom and Aisha decided to re-explore the Ruins, while Musa and Tecna stayed in Toriel's house. Right now, Roxy was wondering about the faded ribbon and the toy knife.

"I don't know why, but I feel like I'm drawn to these," the pinkette stated as she tried wearing the ribbon. "Like it used to be a part of me."

Stella took the ribbon from Roxy's hands and tied her hair with it. "Maybe it's because you like it or something."

Roxy shook her head. "No, it's different. It's like I actually own them, when I never had one in the first place."

Flora thought for a while, remembering the different colors of their SOULs. "I think it has something to do with the SOULs we have. No, our attributes."

Stella finished tying Roxy's hair. She used the faded ribbon to tie the pinkette's hair into a high ponytail. "What do you mean?" The blonde asked.

"Remember what Isabela said a few days ago?" The nature fairy recalled. "Red is for determination. Who knows what our color means."

Finally, the sun fairy recalled. "You're right. I wonder what's mine." She said as she summoned her SOUL, and a yellow heart appeared in her hands. "Yellow, for brightness?"

Flora and Roxy giggled. "I don't think so, Stella." Roxy said. Stella sighed, and unsummoned her SOUL. At that point, her phone rang. She took it from her pocket and answered. It turns out, the caller was Bloom.

"Bloom! Finally," the blonde exclaimed. "What's up?"

"We encountered Migosp and Loox. We also got some more GOLD," the other fairy stated from the other side. "We're leaving. Get ready."

"Yes! Alright, Bloom." Stella answered. "See you soon!"

Click.

Flora and Roxy looked at Stella with anticipation. "What did she say?" They both asked in sync. Stella grinned and answered, "We're going! Come on, let's get the rest of our stuff. We're officially heading out!"

The two fairies nodded as they followed Stella back to the house, meeting Bloom and Aisha in the process. Reuniting with Musa and Tecna, they prepare themselves as they begin packing. Bloom also decided to give everyone their slice of the pie she found, with th extra one with her. Finally, they're all ready to go.

"To the rest of the Underground, we'll go!" Bloom said, now ready for anything that could come to her and the Winx.