◇Chapter 12◇

"Chilly," Musa first said. "This place could freeze you down to the bone."

Stella chuckled. "That would only happen if you weren't in the right clothes." The bluenette nodded in agreement.

Tecna looked around cautiously. She felt something watching them, but it was hidden. She just knew it, especially she was feeling the energy of the camera looking at them. Her eyes landed on the bush beside them, seeming suspicious. Intrigued, the techno fairy approached it and set aside the leaves.

She gasped. "A camera!" She exclaimed as the Winx's attention turn to her. "I found a camera! Something--or someone--is watching us."

Bloom walked to Tecna and looked at the camera hidden within the plant. "We must be careful, then," she stated. "Whoever they are, they might be plotting something against us. Keep your guard up."

"What if they're just observing us?" Flora asked. "Maybe they're just trying to make sure we won't do anything bad... like a genocide, as Isabela said."

Aisha shook her head. "We'll never do that," the brunette said. "Much less kill someone. We haven't done that, and we're never doing that. Right guys?"

The fairies nodded in agreement. Dismissing the camera, the girls ignore it and continue on the road.

The eerie silence was giving Stella the creepy feeling, while Flora was observing the environment around her. The trees seemed rather dead because of the temperature. Snow was literally everywhere, and the nature fairy even wondered if that ever melted. She just sighed, ignoring the current state of her surroundings. I will have to solve this later. She thought to herself.

The Winx kept walking ahead when they found a large tree branch. Flora approaches it first and tries to pick it up, but it was rather heavy. "We can't carry it," she said to the others. "It's pretty heavy." They all leave it behind, but later, a loud snap echoed behind them.

The branch was broken.

"H-How--What?" Tecna neared the branch and inspected it. "Just earlier, it was a tree branch. A powerful force could do this, but we're the only ones present... unless..."

The pinkette suspiciously observed the area. She couldn't find the person who could have done this. None of the Winx tried taking it... she noted. We'll just have to stay alert.

She went back with the others, walking up ahead. Not too long, the girls neared a bridge with what seemed like a gate with a wide gap. They were unsure what to do. As Aisha was about to cross, they all hear footsteps coming from behind. They all freeze.

No, not literally freeze like Icy was there. They just... stopped moving.

A shady looking creature trudged upon them, an intimidating aura spreading around him. An evil smile was evident on his face as he started speaking.

" H u m a n s . " He called out to them. " D o n ' t  y o u  a l l  k n o w  h o w  t o  g r e e t  a  n e w  p a l ?  T u r n  a r o u n d ,  a n d  s h a k e  m y  h a n d . "

And turn around Musa did. She also shook the creature's hand--

Pvvvvvvffffffft...

"What in Magix?" She exclaimed. "That's a really old prank, mister. Did you really have to make us feel scared?"

"Heh. It was always funny," he replied with a deep, calm voice. The monster came out of the shadows and appeared to be a stout skeleton, wearing a white shirt underneath a blue furry jacket. He also wore a pair of basketball shorts and pink furry slippers. He brought out his hand from his pockets to wave and say, "Hello. I'm Sans, Sans the Skeleton."