◇Chapter 8◇

"There is only one switch."

Six trap patches and an exit was in the room. There were seven of them, and Roxy decided to wait for them as they all fell into different rooms, and exit doorway in each one.

Bloom fell into a room with a carrot head. Meanwhile, Flora found a faded red ribbon. Tecna found the switch, Stella was in an empty room, and Aisha found the same carrot head. Meanwhile, Musa found Napstablook, lying down again on a patch of leaves.

"Oh, it's you," Napstablook softly spoke. "You're one of them, right?"

"Yes, and I don't mean you any harm," the bluenette replied with mercy in her eyes. "I want to help in any way."

"Oh, I'm hopeless," he stated. "I'm here forever."

Musa looked weirdly at him and said, "But ghosts could fly, couldn't they?"

"Wait, you're right." Napstablook agreed. "I'll try to move..."

At that point, he disappeared. Musa stared at the position where he once was, then proceeded to return to the floor where she came from. She saw Stella and Flora as she returned. Not a moment later, they feel a vibration and the spikes that blocked to the next room retreated into the ground. Tecna slid out from the exit, greeting Roxy and the other three.

"I found a faded ribbon," Flora stated as she held up a used, red ribbon. "The flavor text says that it would make you cuter and monsters won't hit you any harder."

"We might need it later," Tecna responded as the brunette kept it.

Meanwhile, Bloom and Aisha were fighting Vegetoids in different rooms. Bloom was close to sparing the monster, while Aisha was having some difficulties.

"Eat your greens," it said as it gave food-like attacks with green-colored ones. Aisha tried to take a hit from a green one...

And she healed 2 HP.

"Green attacks heal," Aisha muttered to herself. "Seems legit."

At last, the two fairies finished fighting and returned to the group. They progressed to the next room which had a rather complicated puzzle. One of them read the note which told them that the next room was just the same room they were in, but in another perspective. Tecna scanned the room, and proceeded to the next with the others.

Of course, they had gone into the next room, where you have to push the blue switch. Unfortunately though, out of curiosity Aisha decided to push the red switch and fell down into another room. Having seen a doorway, she went in and slid back into the first perspective room. She ran to the next, and see Bloom push the blue switch. The spikes ahead disappear, and they progress. I should wait next time, or I might die, she remarked herself.

After seeing girls fall and run back, they all finally got past the confusing puzzle when all the clues were on the notes on the wall. The seven reach a hall, with a path leading to Toriel's home and the other to a view of the Underground. Bloom decided to go ahead to the view, with the rest following her.

The first thing they see is yet another Froggit, and a doorway leading to the balcony. The redhead among them decided to approach and talk to the Froggit.

"I've seen Toriel today with groceries," it said. "But I was too afraid to get a closer look. She's rather intimidating, to be honest."

"Groceries?" Bloom quizically echoed, and the creature nodded. She was confused, maybe Toriel was preparing something for them? She shrugged, then went out into the balcony.

A view of the Underground is seen, with a toy knife lying on the sidelines. Everyone was amazed. The monsters, though trapped under the earth, had created a civilization. They wondered how it would be like once they got out of the Ruins.

And that gave all of them determination.

As they were about to leave, Roxy takes notice of the toy knife. She felt drawn to it, like earlier when she had seen the ribbon Flora found. She grabs it, then looks at the object.

Why do I feel like this is a part of me? She mentally asked herself, then kept it in her bag.

Finally, they all reach Toriel's home. Approaching the tree with fallen leaves, the girls wait for Toriel. They see her, about to call them as she notices them by the tree. She immediately goes to them and hugs everyone, glad they are all alive and breathing.

"I'm sincerely glad to see you all," she stated. "You seven managed to get here on your own, and without a scratch!"

Bloom smiled at the motherly concern of the goat-like creature. "We had encountered a few monsters on the way, but we were able to get here without the use of magic."

Toriel sighed in relief. "Well, I had prepared so many things for you! Come on, you must be tired from your long journey."

Indeed, they all were. The Winx were glad and followed Toriel in her home. But before she could even enter, Bloom noticed another SAVE sparkle in front of the house. She taps it and a dialogue box appears.

* Seeing such a cute, tidy house in the Ruins fills you with determination.

* File saved.

Bloom sighed in relief. It was good to know that there was a SAVE sparkle here. They wouldn't want to return and do everything again. She entered the house, joining the others as they got comfortable in their newfound home.