◇On Hiatus◇

You've checked your notifications. Finally, the author of this book has updated! You think. I've been wondering what the Winx are going to do next...

You read the chapter title. You're wondering as to why it's titled "On Hiatus." Upset and curious at the same time, you decided to read what this has to say. Maybe this is an author's note... you groan in frustration as it loads

And here you are, wondering why in the world would Isabela write a chapter that's basically breaking the fourth wall right now. How could she predict what you're doing? Can she predict where you are right now? Who knows, maybe the author herself has a sixth sense. She had been in your position as a reader, after all.

Suddenly, light shines through your device. You drop it accidentally and cover your eyes from the extreme lighting, and as it dims down two--actually, three people--had appeared. They look at the surroundings first, then wait for you to put down your hands.

"You won't be blind, dearie," a voice of a thirteen-year old spoke. "Tecna's spell worked. I think we have to work on the light thing."

The techno fairy scoffed, "It brightens the screen to alarm them that we're arriving."

A smaller child interfered, "Girls! The reader's attention is at the three of us now."

Your eyes are wide and your mouth is a little open. In front of you now stands Tecna in her Season 5 casual clothes rather than her Season 7 uniform, a thirteen-year old girl in a spotted pink dress, black jacket and boots, and the child in the striped sweater shirt and blue pants that you were too familiar with: Frisk.

 In front of you now stands Tecna in her Season 5 casual clothes rather than her Season 7 uniform, a thirteen-year old girl in a spotted pink dress, black jacket and boots, and the child in the striped sweater shirt and blue pants that you were to...

"Greetings, reader!" The girl in spots began. "I'm MagicalIsa26, and my companions here are Tecna and Frisk, as you already know. We've come to tell you something about this book. And please, do keep this in mind as we have come from a literally different timeline. The longer we stay, the more we are tearing at the fabric of reality."

You just stared at the trio, bewildered. Had these three really come from the Magic Universe? Also, is that... the author herself?

Isabela chuckled, seeming to have read your thoughts. "I am the MagicalIsa26, silly! If I wasn't, I probably wouldn't have gone through transformations and saved the Underground with Frisk before, much less arrive here!"

Okay, now you are s h o o k .

Tecna cleared her throat, reminding the raven of their true reason to appear in front of you. Frisk also faces her with a look of disappointment. The girl chuckles nervously, then her face reverts to a somewhat serious expression.

"Anyway, I came here to apologize for the sudden pause of updates," she resumes, looking down in regret. "I somewhat lost inspiration already, considering that school has been stressing me out as an eighth grader, or second year high schooler in the Philippines. I know you have some complaints, but please hear me out."

Frisk decided to continue for her, saying, "And due to her business, she can't seem to find the right time to write down an ideal chapter. Her mind has been blank lately due to the current projects she has to do, not to mention, she is now one of the candidates for honor! She'd been trying to reclaim her position as Outstanding Student, and it would be nice if you give spare her some MERCY. She is trying her best to do everything already."

"And if you think she's lazy, think about it first," Tecna takes over. "She's only lacking time. She's also trying to relax and take it easy. Isabela may not be the best but she does not go down without trying. She could be as lazy as Sans, but at the same time she could put all her effort like Papyrus, given her inspired determination."

Isabela stepped forward. "I'm doing my best. As of now, I've just finished my exams and still preparing for the final projects. After that, I can update almost everyday, knowing that the remaining time will be used as preparation for Recognition Day---the most special day of the whole year, at least, to me."

You pause and think for a moment. "Well, do you have any better news other than this book being on hiatus for a while?"

The raven beams with enthusiasm. "Why, yes of course!" She gleefully answers. "I decided that I should revise the book a little. I know that this has gone barely halfway but I promise you, once I get the chapters done I will remake it right away! I know that you all deserve quality content!"

"She's also using Microsoft Word," Tecna adds, "like a real author should."

Isabela elbows the pinkette playfully. You can tell that she is close with the two, but closer to Tecna.

"Well, that's all we have to say," Frisk concludes. "Please, have patience in this book, and faith in the author. She's working hard, and thinking carefully. She has enough inspiration to be determined and do anything in any way. After all, that is her soul virtue."

Her soul virtue? You ask. Isabela has a soul virtue. Wait a second...

Isabela takes a look at her pink watch. As if on cue, beeping sounds begin from the object. A phone alarms Tecna as well, reminding her to open the portal back to their timeline. She takes out a small circular object similar to a compass, opens the lid and presses a button.

"Time to leave," the raven says in a sadly-joking manner. "If you have any questions, you should ask right away because this portal isn't going to hold for five minutes."

You've had a nagging question that came in your mind since they even got here, so you managed to finally voice out: "Did you literally just break through interdimensionally and out of your own timeline just to tell me this?"

Tecna gives a side smile, shrugs, and glances at Isabela, signaling for you to ask her. The pinkette leaves with Frisk, and before the author follows, she turns to you with a smile.

"I like to give people surprises," she chuckles. "I've been here long enough, so tah-tah! Have a great day, reader!"

She disappears into the portal and it instantly closes. You blink, asking yourself if that really just happened.