clash

Tucking the last packet of medicine into your satchel, you made your way over to the car to wait for the others. It was quiet and the soft breeze was a welcome change from the usual sweltering heat. The groaning sound you'd become far too accustomed too echoed from inside the building, and you hesitated whether to go back in or not. You heard a yell and the sound of glass smashing. Running to the door, you saw the last walker being stabbed by Daryl. 

"Everything okay in here?" Nobody answered you, instead turning their attention on one of the new arrivals that had come along for the run. Daryl walked up to him, shoving him harshly against the wall. 

"What the fuck was that? You tryin' to get us all killed or somethin'?!" The new guy looked away from Daryl, dropping his bag. It was then you noticed a bottle of vodka poking through the top and you took a few steps into the store. 

"I'm sorry man, I just wanted to share it with my lady. Celebrating finding a safe place, you gotta be able to relate." He shot a look in your direction.

"We'd never risk someone else's life for the bottle," Michonne muttered coldly. Daryl let him go, backing up a few steps.

"Lighten up man, we're all okay, maybe you should grab one for yourself and you can lighten up a bit. You and your girl look like you haven't had fun in a while," he leant down and picked up a bottle of whiskey beside him, holding it up to Daryl. "Makes it easier to get her to say yes." He winked at you. Daryl scoffed at the man, shaking his head as he took a step closer. 

"That how ya treat women?" The man laughed and started opening the bottle.

"Hey look, someone's gotta teach them to behave." The guy raised the bottle to his lips, but Daryl knocked it away causing it to shatter on the floor with the other broken bottles. He grabbed the guy by the shirt, throwing him to the ground, and landing a blow square in his jaw. The guy struggled on the ground before landing a hit to Daryl's lip. You took a few steps into the store as Daryl landed a few more punches on the guy, blood dripping down his face from various locations.

"Let him go, we can sort him out back at the prison." Michonne said as she took a few steps closer, but the fight didn't stop. 

"Daryl!" He looked up at you, hand covering your mouth as you watched the two. Daryl paused, before standing and kicking the guy in the side. The guy drew his legs into the fetal position yelling expletives at the rest of you. Daryl ran a hand through his hair and made his way over to you.

He grabbed your arm gently on his way out the door, dragging you outside. He stopped a few feet from the door and turned to look down at you. You raised your hand to caress his cheek. He sighed and pressed his forehead to yours. You pulled away, inspecting the damage the guy had done to Daryl's face. It was minor compared to what the guy had endured, but regardless, you pulled out a bottle of water and reached behind Daryl to pull the bandana from his back pocket. Wetting it, you dabbed at his face. You turned when you heard yelling and saw Michonne pushing the guy towards the car, slamming the door as she slid in beside him. The two of you followed them to the car, and you got in the drivers seat. As the engine roared to life, you glanced at Daryl who was leaning back with his feet on the dash, before hitting the gas.

Soon after arriving back at the prison, the guy and his 'lady' left. You stood in the field watching them walk down the road till they disappeared. 

"Sorry I lost m' temper before." You turned to look at Daryl, shielding you eyes from the sun. 

"Don't apologise, I was about to tear him a new one myself." Daryl raised his eyebrows at you before smirking. 

"Aye calm down princess, no need for ya to go round fightin' people." You rolled your eyes, walking up and lacing your hands together.

"I'm going to go take a shower, perhaps you'd care to accompany me?" You smiled sweetly up at him, before placing a kiss to his jaw. You turned to walk up to the cell building, him close behind, an arm wrapped tightly around your waist.

"Daryl, I need your assistance. It's important." You both stopped and looked up at Carol, as she waved for Daryl to come over. He groaned and you turned to look up at him. 

"Hmm, too bad, guess i'm gonna have to get all wet by myself.." He narrowed his eyes at you as you pushed him in Carols direction. He turned and shot you a glare as you blew him a kiss.