T.W/3/Wavering Mind

"Imai! Hello!!" His smile sheds this blinding light that makes me cover my eyes. I'm still feeling sick to my stomach but I brush it off.

Finally, I've met him. This so-called Mr. Boyfriend. The Chosen one. Lol, I can't refrain from making jokes about him. This is my mind afterall, I can think about whatever I want and no one knows.

"Mikan?" Hotaru fans her hand in my face and I step back, shocked.

"What?"

"Well... I was just introducing you to Nogi-kun." She frowned and I shot a glance at Nogi-kun.

"Hello, Nogi-kun. My name is Mikan Sakura. Imai's bestfriend." I couldn't resist the sarcasm in my tone.

Man am I a jerk.

"Nice to meet you, Sakura-san. I've been wanting to meet you for a very long time." There it is again, that blinding light that sheds out of his face as soon as he smiles. He really is like a prince in one of those fairytales. And he isn't giving in to the hint of my sarcasm. He is one tough nut to crack. "Oh and my friend couldn't make it today so it's just me. Sorry, Sakura-san."

My heart cracks a little as I feel relief flood in. It cracks a little because I feel guilty as soon as he apologizes to me. Before meeting him, I may or may not have secretly wished for him to get into an accident so that we wouldn't have to meet at all. But here he is and smiling at me as he apologizes. Is he some sort of saint?!

"Naw," I stick my hands in my pockets of my sweater, "Let's just get going."

"Since it's pretty late and I don't want to send you ladies home so late, I thought it best that we go to a restaurant. How about it?"

His formality is making me cringe so bad that it physically hurts to hear him at all. It almost makes me want to puke.

"Sounds amazing..." Hotaru drools as she gazes into the sunset. I wonder what she's thinking about.

Food  I'm guessing.

So we head out towards the train station and ride aboard one of those train thingies. Soon after we get off and walk for a mile or so to get to this restaurant that's barely occupied.

Once we get there, 

"Table for...?"

"Table for three, please." Nogi answers calmly and the waitress blushes beet red as she leads us to our table. She glares at me for some reason and not even gives a face to Hotaru. Figures, Hotaru is way prettier than she is. "Thank you."

I choke.

GOWD, stop with the formality I almost say out loud.

I look at Hotaru who isn't fazed at all, but her mouth is literally flooding as she scans the menu as fast as Flash himself can travel.

"So, Sakura-san. How long have you and Hotaru been friends for?" He smiles.

I hide my face in the menu, "Since we were kids."

"Ah, that's very fortunate for you two. I know how it feels. It's a wonderful feeling to know someone for a long time, isn't it?"

I sigh as I decide. Huh...Why not give him a chance, Mikan?

Well... you never really know unless you try...

"Yes." I smile and he raises his brows then smiles as well.

"Are you ready to order?" Asks our host. Again she frowns deeply as I begin first. I can tell she's not even writing it down.

"What would you like Imai?" Nogi turns towards Imai and she looks up from her menu.