T.W/21/Father?

"Mikan. How's it going?" A voice hums as the bell rings on the door of the Bakery. I look up from cleaning the main counter and meet eyes with Tsubasa.

"Hi Tsu." I smile and he approaches me, a pretty girl waits behind him and looks at me. "Who's that?" I whisper and he looks back with a smirk.

"Believe it or not... she's my girlfriend." He crosses his arms, looking all smug. I roll my eyes.

"Sure."

"No really-"

"Tsubasa. What are you talking about?" She approaches us and extends her hand with a smile, "Hi, my name is Misaki Harada." I take her hand and nod.

"Mikan Sakura."

"This is my childhood friend that I reunited with recently." Tsubasa nods. "Tell her Misaki! That you're my girlfriend!" He whines and she sighs.

"Sadly... it's true."

I look between the too and find myself laughing out loud. "Tsubasa's got a girlfriend? Who is this pretty? You're lucky." He frowns at my laughing and soon enough Misaki and I are best friends.

"No really. Is it true?" I ask again after I have closed shop. We take a table and I serve coffee for the two of them.

"Yes. We've known each other since Junior High and then she transferred to your school Mikan. I wanted to see her so I transferred here too."

"I see..." I sigh. They're so cute. Honestly... I think I might be getting too soft.

"I felt bad that he transferred here so I decided to go out with him." Misaki teased and Tsubasa starts to cry.

"That's not true~!!!" Tsubasa whines. I chuckle. "We want to close the distance. The distance!!" he repeats.

I roll my eyes. This is too cute. Misaki grows silent all of a sudden. We both look at her.

"Yeah." She squirms in her seat, "I know it's hard to believe but I really do like him. I love him." Misaki blushes and I nod, glancing at a tomato-red Tsubasa.

"Tsubasa is a decent guy after all. He was the only one I could get along with." I smile. "You're also lucky Misaki."

"I know."

I think back on our childhood memories and suddenly I remember that there was never a guy that I actually hated when I was a kid. It was only when my father left. I frown at the realization.

Is all of this really pointless? Am I just making excuses to hate them? So that I don't have to deal with a guy?

What have I been doing-

"What about you Mikan?" Misaki leans against the table and narrows her eyes at me. "Is there a special guy out there for you?"

Strawberry

I shake my head. Why does this nickname pop up? What does Natsume have to do with this? Nothing!! 

Stop getting confused!

"Yeah Mikan?" Tsubasa raises his brow and then he frowns. "Oh wait... you still like that one guy right?" He's afraid to mention him. I can tell.

I shake my head. "I may have some feelings left over but I don't want to be with him anymore. It's over between us."

"Oh, really?" Misaki looks sad for a moment. She's thinking. "What happened?" Tsubasa looks at me and I nod.

"He cheated on her." He mumbles and Misaki scowls.

"Trash." There's fire in her eyes as she says this. I shudder.