T.W/14/Love is a Roller Coaster (Pt. 1)

"Nogi." I nod and he gives me a bright bright smile that I have to take out my own sunglasses and place them on.

"How are you Sakura-san?? Gosh, it's been a while hasn't it? Hotaru-chan has been so worried about you lately."

Hotaru??? Ugh, I have this sick feeling in my stomach. I can't believe they're that close to call each other by first name. Ugh...

"I'm fine. How are you?" I sigh and he starts about how his day has been and blah blah blah. I'm over it until we head over to the amusement park.

"Ruka's friend is coming with us, is that okay Mikan? He goes to our school but Ruka won't tell me what his name is. Apparently he wants to surprise us or something."

Ruka this, Ruka that. This is really annoying of me, I know. I'm reallllllly jealous because it took so long for Hotaru to call me by name but for Nogi it's soo easy.

"Yeah, whatever."

Now, you might be wondering how I even got into this position.

It started like this...

"Mikan!!! What are you doing?" My mother asked me... I was reading a couple of books since its my day off and there was nothing else for me to do. Mom was about to head out when she saw me on my bed as she walked pass my room.

"I'm reading...?" I said as I flipped the page.

"Why don't you go out or something? It's been a while since you've had free time."

"I'm tired." I said as an excuse, "Can't I rest in my own home like normal people do on their day offs?"

"Normal people go out, honey. I'll call Hotaru."

"Mom, please..."

"Oh Marie! Yes, I'm doing great. How are you? Yes, yes. She's right here. I was wondering if Hotaru was free by chance?"

"Mom-"

"Yes, oh! Is that alright?? Oh yes, I'm very sorry to bother you about that! No, no of course. Okay It was very nice to talk to you. Bye-bye!"

"Mooooom..." I groaned.

That leads me to the present. It's really bad to interrupt a date like this out of the blue but it doesn't even seem to affect them at all. As I walk behind them, they hold hands and smile at each other while talking.

Ah... it sucks to be a third-wheel. Really it does. I'm actually kinda glad that there will be another person besides me, maybe I can even make friends with them.

Oh wait. It's a guy right???

"What's your friend like?" I ask Nogi, he's surprised by the sudden question so it takes him a while to respond.

"Well... he's self-reserved and calm but kind-hearted. I've known him since we were kids so I can read him like a book and he knows me well too."

Kind-hearted huh? If he's Nogi's friend then he couldn't possibly be that bad right?

"We're almost there." Hotaru says with a smile. "This will be fun." She grins maliciously. I drag behind them as I look at the rides.

The last time I came here... was with my father and mother. I made them go on the highest ride. Mom almost lost consciousness and dad almost coughed up his pasta.

Pft.

"We're here." Nogi cheers and Hotaru laughs.

"You're too excited." Hotaru sneers.

"Like a kid." I tease and Nogi blushes.

We wait by the entrance and Nogi looks around frantically. "He said he'd be here!! I'm sorry you two, knowing him... he'll probably show up late! Sorry!" He apologizes over and over.