T.W/28/Ice

At first, it's a bright sunny day full of chirping birds and smiling faces. There are no differences or arguments about anything. Natsume holds my hand and Hotaru takes pictures.

Then the next moment, we are all separated.

I don't know how it happened... but it did.

We drew straws because someone suggested it and now we have to split up.

"Well..." A girl mumbles under her breath as our group meets up, "At least some of us weren't stuck with the couples."

I bite my lip as I see Natsume go to another group and Hotaru do the same. I don't even have Tsubasa or Koko in my group. I have no friends.

It's just the male class rep and two girls named Anna and Nonoko.

"Are they talking about us?" Anna elbows Nonoko who blushes.

I look down and fiddle with my fingers.

"Sakura, what's wrong?" Class rep asks me. I'm just about to respond when someone bursts out laughing.

It's Sumire. She's so close to Natsume that it makes me want to scream.

This drawing slots thing was totally rigged.

"Nothing." I mutter. "Nothing is wrong."

"If you-" he starts but is interrupted.

"Let's go!!" Anna cheers, leading the way.

I look back once and I meet eyes with Natsume. He looks just a bit annoyed. We're thinking the same thing.

How did things end up this way?

I stand awkwardly as Anna and Nonoko point at each ride. I feel very uncomfortable because I've never talked to any of these people. They seem pretty cool about it, although it makes me feel even worse.

"Hey, do you guys want to ride on that?" Nonoko finally speaks for the first time. Her voice is very calm and sweet compared to the hyper, Anna. 

"Or that one?" Anna's eyes glow. I look at both and agree with the biggest one. I love roller coasters. The only problem is that the person next to me is internally crying.

The class rep is not fond of roller coasters.

"Uh... maybe we should eat something first-" I start to say but they are so ready to get in line that they can't hear me any more. "Sorry Class rep."

"E-er... what do you m-mean?" He shakes so hard that he's like a dog who doesn't want to take a bath.

He's shaking from head to toe.

"If you don't want to go on then you can wait for us here."

"B-but you won't have anyone to sit next t-to" It makes me just a bit happy that he's said that.

"I'm okay. You should really stay here though. You look really sick."

"Is it that obvious?" He's like a little animal. It's cute.

"It is to me. Anna and Nonoko didn't notice but its too late for them. They've already saved our spot. But I can say you went to the bathroom if you like?"

"Please." He thanks me with his eyes as I walk away. 

We quickly go on the ride and find the class rep waiting for us. He looks very composed as though he weren't a scared little girl just a couple of minutes ago.

I laugh loudly that it causes Anna and Nonoko to give me a questioning look. The class rep smiles and leads us to a place where we can eat.

I feel a bit better.