T.W/31/The Balloon Man

Upon entering, I find somewhere to sit and then stare at my phone. It's a bit late for Natsume... and he's usually the one to be here and all but he's nowhere in sight.

I sigh and take a bite of my chocolate

I hear a sniffled sob from behind so I whip my head back.

The balloon mascot person sits with balloons in one hand and a phone in the other.

Is he on break? I'm pretty sure if you're a mascot then you can't be sitting around and going on your phone.

They take off their head-that may sound wrong on so many levels-and place it by their side.

A man, a young handsome man, with just the darkest blond hair that goes below his ears holds very pretty brown eyes.

I know because I sit next to him. "Hey... is everything alright?"

He sniffles and looks away from me in embarrassment, "I'm alright thank you."

His dog suit creeps me out a bit but I decide that right now... it doesn't matter.

"What's wrong? I know it isn't any of my business but it must feel terrible crying on your own."

He nods, "I just got fired."

I wonder why-it must be the creepy costume.

I smile, "Hey... it's okay. There are many other jobs around you can find."

"That's not why I'm crying." He mutters, wiping his eyes, "I've been in love with this woman for a long time-"

Oh brother, what did I get myself into.

"and I can't get over her. I'm too scared to talk to her again because what if she moved on already?"

This situation sounds oddly familiar to me. Like what happened with my adoptive father, Narumi. I look out in the distance and find there to be many couples out today.

These couples must have made him emotional.

"So you were crying and you scared the kids... then you got fired?"

"How did you know?"

Well... that must have been very scary to those kids. An ugly dog costume plus crying is not a good combination. Not at all.

"I just had a feeling. Anyways... you don't exactly know how she feels so what gives you the right to decide that she's moved on? What if she still loves you too and you're just wasting your time, crying about it?" I say unconsciously and way too bitterly. "Sorry... that came out wrong."

"It's okay... you're right." He stops crying and stares at his phone.

He really wants to call her huh?

"Why don't you just call her?"

"I can't."

Oh boy, this guy is a weenie.

"Nothing will happen if you don't take the first step." I encourage him.

"I don't have her number."

Then why are you staring at your phone?

I rub my forehead in frustration and decide to take a deep breath.

"But you know where she is?"

He nods. "It's been so long but I found out where she lives a couple of years ago."

Wow, I don't know whether to be freaked out or impressed by his dedicated love for her.

"Er... okay?" I mutter, "Then want me to come with you to talk to her? I can explain the situation to her if that makes it easier for you."