Chapter One

"Logan," I heard my name roll off a familiar tongue, femininity flowing within the vibrations of her soft voice. "Logan," the voice cooed again nicely. I ignored it. I couldn't tell if the name-calling was a dream. The dainty and soothing voice sounded much like my mother — which only made me believe even more that it was a dream. "Logan Sedona, I swear to God if you don't wake up right now I'm going to drag your ass out of this room with my bare hands and throw you into the hall," the voice growled sharply. Logan Sedona, there was only one person who could get away with saying my first and last name and still remain in tact. Yep, definitely not my mother. "Fuck off," I groaned. I knew exactly who it was at this point. My best friend since grade school, Kristen. "Your creative non-fiction class starts today. You specifically asked me to wake you up at 10:30 so you would have time to get ready."

    I finally opened my eyes, outstretching my arms as my body became more alert. I looked around my room, just to get a greater understanding of where I was. I couldn't believe that college was back in session for the spring semester. Winter break hadn't been nearly as long as I hoped. The memories of the frat house parties that lasted throughout the cold winter nights and the many wonderful one night stands that were to follow gave me chills as I reminisced. I could only imagine what I'd be like during spring break; with the warmer temperatures, the Alpha Chi house would definitely have their pool open by then. I could finally use my see-through bikini I had spent so much on.

    But until then I'd be forced to wear heavy coats and take a class I wasn't interested in. Sure, I wanted to be a renowned writer someday. I dreamed daily of what my life would be like, writing all about a girl who grew up in a small town and had, well, I haven't figured out the rest of the story yet. Maybe she'll turn into a werewolf. Or maybe I'll write the shittier version of 50 Shades of Grey. Hey, sex sells. But no, a werewolf girl who's kink is bondage and relationship abuse has nothing to do with creative nonfiction. My creativity was there, but I lacked the nonfiction portion of the class, which was definitely more essential than creativity was.

"I need coffee," I told Kristen.

She rolled her eyes, "Then get off your ass and make some yourself."

    I gasped, holding my hand to my heart dreadfully, "You're too good to me, Kris. I couldn't imagine a better roommate." I smirked at my own sarcasm, which only seemed to irritate her more. I got up and quickly changed whilst brushing my teeth and long, curly chesnut-brown hair. My eyes appeared to be a fatigued-color of blue and my skin a soft, pale white.

    I clicked on my phone, reading the time. 10:57. Shit, I'm late. Before I could rush out the door, Kristen wishes me a lazy "Good luck," as she stalked backed to her bed tiredly. I slammed the dorm room door shut, locking it with my key as I knew Kristen was too inattentive to do it herself.

    I walked down the student-filled halls of Reed College. Everyone seemed so busy, so concerned with themselves that they hadn't noticed me passing through. Had the hallways been less populated, I'm sure people would've made it of utmost importance to steer clear of me and let me pass willingly, staying the hell out of my way. I had quite the notoriety at this school. The name Logan Sedona surely sent chills down everybody's spine. I was the girl to never be reckoned with. I was the girl who's presence was never ignored, the girl that had other girls scared their boyfriends would fall for me, the girl who was sometimes just seen as an object of sex and who smelled of expensive perfume. I liked the mystery behind my name, the gossip that always came from behind me. I liked it especially because everything that had been said about me kept people from knowing who I truly, deeply was.

    Before walking to the section B building of Reed, I stopped in the courtyard as soon as I saw the coffee stand was open and had hardly anyone in line. I made my way over, striding into the line and waiting impatiently. I checked the time. 11:01. Damn, now I was incredibly late. Class supposedly started at 11:05. I knew I'd never make it in time, but retrieving shitty coffee from this place was of top priority. I needed coffee if I wanted to ensure that I would stay awake. Though I'm not sure even coffee could do the trick with this class I had been dreading since the beginning of sophomore year. I swear, the teacher better be a damn celebrity when I walk in that classroom or I'm going to lose my shit.