Chapter Twenty-Four

"Logan, slow down," Kristen warned, following me up the porch steps of the Alpha Chi Frathouse. "No," I hissed, turning to face her. "I'm not going let him do this to me." 

I had been too nice for far too long. Under the selfless influence of Harry I began to forget who I was, and what I was capable of doing. No one hadn't the nerve to even look at me the wrong way, let alone ensue in a blackmailing agenda against me. I might've forgotten who I was, but the ways of my old self were beginning to return with each second I spent burning in my own animosity. And if people were going to forget my extremities, then it was time I reminded them of who I really was.

"Matt!" I shrieked from outside, banging on the white french doors so hard I thought it might break. "I know you're in there, you cowardly piece of shit! Let me in before I-" my movements paused as the door swung open, Jordan revealing himself from the other side. "Logan?" he questioned calmly, craning his neck to see Kristen standing behind me.

"I'm guessing you're here to see Matt?" he looked at me, a perplexing expression hounding his face. "You're just now figuring that out?" Kristen laughed from behind me. "He's not up yet. He's been locked up all night in his room with some chick-" I pushed past him, not giving his excuses a second thought. "You can't just... ugh, there's no use in trying to stop you, is there?" Jordan echoed from behind Kristen and me, hot on our trail as we ventured through the house. "You're finally starting to catch on," my best friend ridiculed.

Once I got to Matt's room door, I whisked Kristen off to distract Jordan from asking any further questions. Kristen led Jordan downstairs and he followed her, entranced by her beauty and his own general gullibility. 

I knocked harshly, yelling, "Matt, open the fucking door!". As I began to plot his murder, the door tugged open, on the other side revealing that burgundy-haired bitch from my Creative Nonfiction class: Sally.

"Hey, Samantha," I smiled innocently, my eyes squinting and cheeks burning as I tried to hide my apparent malice. "Sally," she corrected, bringing a smirk to her lips. God, I wanted to punch the shit out of her. "Let's skip the pleasantries, shall we?" I snarled, proceeding to say, "I'm here to see Matt. You might know him. He's tall, blonde, looks like a total douchebag? He's hard to miss," 

She delivered a twisted smile before turning around and saying, "Matt, she's here,"

She's here? They were expecting me? My mind began to flourish with possible ideations of what was happening, but I couldn't ignore the cloud of confusion that fogged over my ability to reason. The only crystalline, yet unhelpful thought in my mind was, 'What the fuck is going on?'

I couldn't dismiss the inevitable: I had just fallen into their trap.

 My heart became weary at the imminent confrontation I was about to be faced with. Maybe I deserved this. In fact, I did deserve this, and I would've been willing to put up with their retaliation had Harry not been involved. It was time for me to pay for my sins, but now Harry would have to pay for mine, too. 

I wish I had never met Harry. This situation was proof that I was better off alone.

"Funny seeing you here," Matt came from behind the door, wrapping his arm around Sally as if to prove a point. I rolled my eyes, finding the situation more satirical than serious. Fate was nothing if not consistent; my personal torment always had to be somewhere along the lines of irony and sardonicism. "Hm, my ex and my annoying, hideously dye-jobbed classmate. Who would've thought?" I snorted, my wit veiling over my terror. I couldn't appear weak in front of them; I wouldn't. 

Matt's eyes grew dark, an unnerving sea of contempt stirring within his irises. Sally bit the inside of her cheek, searching for words that could outwit my own. Unfortunately for her, that would be damn near impossible. "You're just jealous," was her response.