Chapter Thirty-Two

It wasn't long before Harry's hallowed childhood home filled with a large sum of weed and people. Topless girls ran wild, weaving through the clouds of marijuana that swarmed the house. Men cheered to something incoherent, needing an excuse to drink until their lungs filled with an excessive amount of alcohol. It wasn't long until I decided to pick up someone's half-finished solo cup, chugging down its remainder to dull the edge of my anguish.

This was going to be a long fucking night.

My playing babysitter proved ineffective as soon as the first few rings of the doorbell resounded throughout the house. People had begun to file in, and I lost Harry to the crowd and his own misery. I'd been on my feet for almost half an hour, searching for that bastard. We never should've come to England, but I feared more so what would've happened if I hadn't come with him. If I didn't, I knew he would never have come back to me. My hand unknowingly reached for my chest at the thought, attempting to soothe my aching heart.

"Hey!" I screeched, feeling a stinging sensation land on my ass. My head whipped around to accuse the perpetrator, and I was faced with two drunk boys, both laughing and ogling me carefully. "I'll cut your balls off if you do that shit to anyone again," I advised, my mouth frothing with threats. "Someone's on edge," Thing #1 chortled, passing me a drink. His eyes were shaded a dark green. They were nothing like Harry's. They didn't spark with hope like Harry's did. Instead, they were dark, devoid of life, and lost to something wicked. "C'mon, drink up, love. Soothe your nerves."

 I knocked the cup out of his hands, my anger burning my cheeks and neck a deep crimson. "You think I'm stupid enough to drink that?"

I knew well what men did at these parties. I knew the offering of drink was not an attempt at chivalry, but an attempt at harm. "You better get the fuck out of this house," I seethed, pointing at the both of them. Thing #2 stepped closer, his drunken fingers tracing the fur lining of my ugly green jacket. "Don't be sucha prude, now,"

"Yeah, we only want to have some fun," Thing #1 echoed, cornering me.

"Don't touch me," I yelped, pushing away their greedy hands that tried to pin me against the wall.

Familiarity itched at my skin, and Matt entered from the crevice of my mind. I began to remember that night from many months ago, and felt it happening twofold. My throat burned and my body froze over with ice as I envisioned possibilities of what they would do.

 I remembered that night from many months ago, and the way the people around me kept dancing and drinking and laughing, and the way the music muted my cries for help.

 I remembered that night from many nights ago, and how my saving grace had appeared from behind, his green orbs protecting me ever since. If it worked before, I prayed that it would work again. "Harry!" I screamed, the burn in my throat turning into a scorching flame. "Harry, help!"

He was the only person who cared enough to help me during that night from many months ago. 

But now, on this night many months later, he wasn't there.

"Harry!" my cries drowned as Thing #2 kissed down on my neck, sucking on my cold flesh as Thing #1 held my helpless body against the wall. I was too broken to fight.

Nobody here cared about me. Nobody here loved me enough to save me. I didn't love myself enough to save me. My limbs went limp, my eyes screwing shut. I forced the feeling of numbness, the numbness I had always felt before Harry, to return, and waited patiently for it to spread over my body. It'll be over soon.

"What the fuck, man?"

"Get the fuck off of her!"

"What the-"