02. Mr. Black

Hello! My readers.
Author's note :

In this book, Italic writing represents thinking.

'....' Single quotations represent unspoken words.
Kind of present in mind, absent on the tongue.

And "..." A double quotation is spoken words.

Hope there is no confusion :)

••••••••••••••••••

A hand hit my left cheek which woke me up from my sleep. I didn't even bother to look who it was as it's Adam for sure. He cuddles while sleeping and end up hitting me. Unlike me, a single touch or sound awakes me.

"He slapped me." I murmured while stroking my cheek and searched my phone to see the time, was awake five minutes earlier than the alarm. I tickled Adam and whispered in his ear. "Wake up."

"Hmm hmm." He replied in a sleepy voice with closed eyes. Responding means he is awake. So, I left him and went to the kitchen to prepare cereal for us. And we quickly got ready to leave.

Dropping him to school, I wished him good luck for his exam and drove straight to my college. The heavily blowing autumn wind was messing my silky black hair where its coldness was indicating the arrival of the winter. Everything was ablaze in the color of autumn. I like this season it gives different colors to plain green leaves.

It's so strange that autumn is so beautiful, yet everything is dying.

Hmm, is dying is beautiful?
How does it feel?

I reached my class lost in my thoughts.

Chemistry would have been more interesting if chemicals were living beings. A little ball of blue chlorine and another ball of pink potassium run towards each other while shining bright, woosh!! interacted. And produce a big ball of what? A purple plorine? or chlotassiun? Wow!!

My little chemical movie was interrupted by Jacob. He sat and stretched his hand towards me. "Maths notes."

"Not again." I narrowed my eyes at him.

"Of course, always. Be quick please." He said and I handed my notes to him. He never does his work and always copies from mine. Our chemistry class was replaced by the physics one and the schedule went on as usual. During language class, I sat on the second bench and Jacob right behind me. A girl walked in and sat beside me. I was surprised to see someone rather than Jacob sitting beside me. She has brown hair with red ends. Thin eyebrows with big shiny hazel eyes, while her nose was pink and barely visible lips were colored red. She was wearing a knee-length dress.

Is it a cold or she cried causing her nose to turn red. I haven't seen her before. Maybe she is newly enrolled or maybe I am noticing her now. My observation was disturbed when she sneezed. Yeah, she did have a cold.

"Sorry." She murmured.

Oh! She doesn't have to apologize. "Bless you," I said.

Class ended and lunch starts. I made my way towards our class as I never go to the cafeteria. I don't like crowded places and the voices of people disturb my reading which I usually do during lunch. I was reading a book with a sandwich in my hand. On hearing footsteps, I raised my head and saw students were entering the class indicating the end of lunch.

Oh! Crap! Lunch ends i.e 12:30 Oh no!!! Adam!!'. Because of his assessments, his school ends at 12 noon.

I have to hurry.